Loser cunt Kari Lake is holding Trumpy rallies now

Gil Bang

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That tweet just quoted some other person, @rach_jc.  Which itself isn’t first person but “legal experts believe”.  I’m sure there’s enough layers there to insulate her. 

The thing about defamation (I know this is contempt, not defamation, but bear with me ) is that you do not have to be the originator of the injuring language, you simply have to repeat it. In other words, if you repeat defamatory lies, then you yourself may have committed defamation.

By Lake repeating the falsehoods that put the court in a bad light, Lake absolutely approves and condones the content of the falsehoods.   She might have a defense if the person who originally made the statement had a privilege to do so.  However, Lake being MAGA she probably just repeated some bullshit some other idiot MAGA blogger posted on some right wing website or twitter account. 

The bottom line in this is that the judge has not ruled on all contempt, attorneys’ fees and sanctions issues, and so even if Lake is somehow insulated from the original statement, the judge also knows that Lake agrees with it and was spreading it.

I would not want the judge thinking about this during the consideration of sanctions, attorneys fees, and contempt motions.   Judges have a lot of discretion in matters like this, and there are plenty of ways for the judge to fuck Lake that can never be parsed out or made the basis for an appeal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2022/12/26/the-dismissal-of-kari-lakes-election-lawsuit-shows-voter-disenfranchisement-no-longer-matters-n2617566

This is the source that Lake is referencing.  This Nutter is not only in attorney, but was a Maricopa county election attorney.  this means that she can’t excuse her criticism by saying she did not understand the legal standards involved.  Some public minded citizen of Arizona should ask the Arizona bar disciplinary committee what they think of this lawyer’s comments about the court’s decision.   

She was not offering her considered legal opinion about the merits of the case. She accused the court of violating numerous tenets of ethics and professionalism - that taken as a whole accuse the judge of gross dereliction of office.

They should all chat about this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I couldn't have told you who she was a few months ago. Now anybody following issues at an even shallow level knows Lake and her face. These defeats in court should be cheering news, but they are more opportunities for her to reach the national audience.

I find this worrisome. She checks a lot of boxes for what I see in a future Trumpist candidate. All this shit makes her stronger.

It may not be her, but it will be someone like her. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I find this worrisome. She checks a lot of boxes for what I see in a future Trumpist candidate. All this shit makes her stronger.

In terms of VP candidates, she has to be able to deliver her own state, and that state should be a true battleground state with a significant chunk of electoral votes.  I don’t see Arizona swinging back and it doesn’t have the votes.

She checks boxes, but she made herself look like a loser in this last election.  Trump, regardless of what we think, convinced a bunch of people in 2015 and 2016 that he was a winner and genius.  She’s coming out of nowhere and people’s first impressions of her won’t be kind.

DeSantis is the concern.  He’s competent.  But he’s short.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I couldn't have told you who she was a few months ago. Now anybody following issues at an even shallow level knows Lake and her face. These defeats in court should be cheering news, but they are more opportunities for her to reach the national audience.

It may not be her, but it will be someone like her. 

Lake would be a far more capable vice presidential candidate than we’d want. Way smarter than Palin, obviously, who can avoid future gaffes by getting better handlers who will shut down her urges to go full-on Maga /GQP in public. 

I fear she is planning on hiding her true beliefs just enough to get elected somewhere in the future.  Or hopefully, borrowing from Ron White, Lake has the plan….but not the ability

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I fear she is planning on hiding her true beliefs just enough to get elected somewhere in the future.  Or hopefully, borrowing from Ron White, Lake has the plan….but not the ability

Wait until '24, when it's a 3-way general election in Arizona, because Krysten wants to remain relevant.  

Introducing Senator Lake.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In terms of VP candidates, she has to be able to deliver her own state, and that state should be a true battleground state with a significant chunk of electoral votes.  I don’t see Arizona swinging back and it doesn’t have the votes.

She checks boxes, but she made herself look like a loser in this last election.  Trump, regardless of what we think, convinced a bunch of people in 2015 and 2016 that he was a winner and genius.  She’s coming out of nowhere and people’s first impressions of her won’t be kind.

DeSantis is the concern.  He’s competent.  But he’s short.

Sure, if politics as usual were still the game. They're not. At least, that's not what I'm seeing. My record of being wrong should be encouraging to others.

• Like 1

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics/arizona-kari-lake-governor-election-lawsuit/index.html

Attorneys for Hobbs – the current secretary of state – had charged that Lake and her lawyers knew their challenges to the election could not be substantiated, which would violate legal ethic rules. They wanted sanctions against Lake and her team. Thompson did not agree. “The Court finds that Plaintiff’s claims presented in this litigation were not groundless and brought in bad faith,” he wrote on Tuesday.

But he ordered Lake to pay Hobbs $33,040.50 in compensation for expert witness fees and again reaffirmed the election of Hobbs, who will be sworn in on January 5.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Having looked at Lake's lawsuit, unlike the Kraken suit(s), it wasn't founded on wholesale lies.  It was founded on improbabilities and very aggressive readings of Arizona election law, which basically hold election officials accountable only for intentional misconduct, rather than accidents or negligence, and only when even intentional misconduct affects or potentially affects the outcome of an election.

We have to permit lawyers to file aggressive and even somewhat improbable lawsuits without fear of sanctions.  Without that protection, RBG and the ACLU would never have been able to establish women's rights in this country, or what passes for it today.  There are numerous other examples in the civil rights and personal injury/corporate accountability arenas.

And, it is the nature of post-election challenges that they may have to be made in a hurry, before all the facts are in and can be analyzed and applied.

Qari Lake is obviously a fuckhead, but she didn't have total lying fuckheads like Sidney Powell cooking this up, just regular fuckheads.  Thus, no sanctions.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Either Kari has lung cancer or a really big Adam's apple.

I get that her mainstream political career is probably over now that she's a proven loser, but a rational person knows the election is not going to change at this point, so either she believes the bullshit she's selling, she's trying to fundraise (for what?), or she was promised something (maybe a VP nod next year or a cabinet nomination if TFG actually won) and it's slipping out of her grasp and she's completely lost her shit when faced with that prospect.

• Like 1

When was the last time we had a VP elected who had never been in politics or military?  I can’t think of one. 

and we’ve never had one. Every single one was appointed to something at the federal level, and most hEld elected office.  Substantial ones at that. 

but Kari has that filter, so advantage Lake.  

MaGA will eat it up that she’s never been a politician and won’t beholden to anyone.  Except everybody she used to run for

governkr. 

Edited by YGIFS

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

When was the last time we had a VP elected who had never been in politics or military?  I can’t think of one. 

5 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

But she can deliver 49% of the Arizona vote, so....

Well she’s governor-elect, but the libs are trying to steal that from her.

She has an air of desperation about her that really makes it look like she had something lined up.

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Real Governor of Arizona? If I were Kari and making shit up, I'd go for Real Empress of the Western United States and Northern Mexico, Viceroy of New Spain, New France, and New England, Protector, Soothsayer, and Oracle of the Faith, Inventor of Time, Trans-Species Governor of Ducks and Geese, Poet.

All-Being Master of Time, Space, and Dimension.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Real Governor of Arizona? If I were Kari and making shit up, I'd go for Real Empress of the Western United States and Northern Mexico, Viceroy of New Spain, New France, and New England, Protector, Soothsayer, and Oracle of the Faith, Inventor of Time, Trans-Species Governor of Ducks and Geese, Poet.

I don’t know man, her base is going to have a real problem with a Trans-Species Governorship.  Just saying.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Loser cunt Kari Lake is holding Trumpy rallies now