Someone doesn't like Muslims in ABQ

crash_davis

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

This is a city which thought it was a great idea to honor ABQ by commissioning a Breaking Bad statue. Nothing screams ABQ role model more than Walter White.

That show is responsible for tourism dollars that ordinarily would have gone only to Santa Fe

54 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Is the daughter a virgin and how does this all work now? Dad gets 7 virgins after the needle, Badger gets the daughter? Not familiar with NM/Muslim law.

It's New Mexico, so I think you're required to ask each virgin "red or green," but I'm not sure of the context.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

"It's believed that the suspected killer himself was a Sunni Muslim - and may have targeted his victims because he was angry over his daughter marrying a Shiite Muslim"

That’s as idiotic as going through a phone book and killing all the people named Sarah Connor. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/08/09/new-mexico-muslim-killings/

Suspect arrested in two of the killings, and he is clearly a Muslim man. It’s far too early to tell what happened but the statement from CAIR mentions the Sunni- Shia angle as a serious possibility. 

The names of the victims include three Husseins and an Ahmadi. Not a guarantee but these are extremely common and disproportionately represented among Shia and Persian Muslims. Muhammad Syed is an extremely common South Asian name, more so among Sunni (but that’s also not a guarantee). 

It was always unlikely to me that an angry anti-Muslim killer was out stalking and murdering Muslim men one by one, that type of hate is usually expressed with more “showy” types of targeting. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1