Worst National Titles in CFB History

closetojumping

On 8/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, shadow_operative said:

espn's all time greatest college QBs here. guess who's no.1? and guess where most CFB fans get their opinions from?

your insistence that nobody but a select few gator homers thinks that tebow is the goat is just plain wrong. in fact i'm pretty stunned that anyone would argue otherwise. stop acting like i'm inventing the mythology of tim tebow, as if the subject isn't a known fact that's been extensively covered on these boards since tebow was at florida. 

also, while googling "top cfb qbs of all time" to find that espn video, i stumbled across a bleacher report list that had colt brennan at no.8 and VY at no.25. so that was the most unbelievably stupid thing i've seen in a while.

Most cfb fans do not "get their opinions" from ESPN. ESPN is full of horrible takes and mouth-breathing drivel. That entire top 10 is hysterically bad. I'd hope that no one with a brain that isn't a Gator homer thinks that Tebow is the greatest college QB ever or was better than Vince. Unfortunately I am aware that these people exist. My stance is that these people are in the minority and in no way represent some majority opinion. 

We can agree to disagree - we've clearly had some different experiences that are coloring our respective confirmation biases. But I will stand by that going to a random bar anywhere outside of Florida and proclaiming that Tim Tebow is the greatest college QB ever will get you a lot of "what the fuck is this dude talking about". 

I have a bunch of friends from SoCal that hate Texas and I'm fairly sure they'd all put VY ahead of Tebow. 

On 8/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, closetojumping said:

Okay, Derka. Most agree with your issues. Leave the other rube alone. It’s not all that germane to the thread from this point forward. 

Oh shut the fuck up. You aren't cool because you have me on ignore you dweeb.