2022 National Rankings (AP, Coaches, CFP) Meta Thread

LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

TCU will be a first round bye for whoever gets paired with them.  I’ll bet Michigan and Georgia will try their hardest to get TCU in round 1.

I have a feeling both schools dont really give a shit if they play no defense USC or TCU so Ill bet they both dont give a fuck and just want to win and get in.

• Hook 'Em 1

if TCU and USC lose, Ohio State and Alabama are in.  Bama at #4 could beat Georgia, really the only team that can (aside from Texas) with the athletes. 

Utah beat USC 43-42 in a wild shootout. Cameron Rising (remember him?) outplayed Caleb Williams. USC had loads of penalties which hurt them badly. 

always comes down to CCG weekend.   When will the playoffs expand?  Badly need that immediately.

17 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

1) tcu should be in win or lose

2) they wont be in if they lose next week

3) fuck tcu, i hope they lose. I dont want them being the first texas team to make the playoff

4) why are yall rooting for tcu? Wtf

I am not. I am rooting against Ohio State and Bama. I want them out.

• Hook 'Em 1

College Football Playoff Rankings

RK
TEAM
REC  
TREND
1 12-0  
-
2 12-0  
TCUTCU
12-0  
USCUSC
11-1  
5 11-1  
6 10-2  
7 10-2  
8 10-2  
9 10-2  
10 9-3  
11 9-3  
12 10-2  
13 9-3  
LSULSU
9-3  
15 9-3  
16 9-3  
17 9-3  
18 10-2  
19 8-4  
NR
20 8-4  
21 8-4  
UCFUCF
9-3  
-
23 9-3  
24 8-4  
NR
25 8-4  
NR

Complete Rankings

Dropped from rankings: Ole Miss 20, Cincinnati 24, Louisville 25

12 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:
College Football Playoff Rankings

RK
TEAM
REC  
TREND
1 12-0  
-
2 12-0  
TCUTCU
12-0  
USCUSC
11-1  
5 11-1  
6 10-2  
7 10-2  
8 10-2  
9 10-2  
10 9-3  
11 9-3  
12 10-2  
13 9-3  
LSULSU
9-3  
15 9-3  
16 9-3  
17 9-3  
18 10-2  
19 8-4  
NR
20 8-4  
21 8-4  
UCFUCF
9-3  
-
23 9-3  
24 8-4  
NR
25 8-4  
NR

Complete Rankings

Dropped from rankings: Ole Miss 20, Cincinnati 24, Louisville 25

Lol, rankings are so arbitrary. If we hadn’t willingly scheduled Bama, we’d be sitting just outside the top 10.

It's crazy to me that teams like TCU and USC get no benefit at all from playing in their conference championship game. They risk losing/injury and getting kicked out of the convo while teams like Ohio St and Alabama get to sit at home and do nothing and benefit. A real playoff system cant get here soon enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's crazy to me that teams like TCU and USC get no benefit at all from playing in their conference championship game. They risk losing/injury and getting kicked out of the convo while teams like Ohio St and Alabama get to sit at home and do nothing and benefit. A real playoff system cant get here soon enough.

It’s ridiculous. Conference championship games should be worked into the playoff structure, after playoff is expanded. And yes, fuck ND.

I haven't been paying attention to Sagarin this year, but his P5 (+ AAC) conference ratings are interesting:

CONFERENCE          CENTRAL MEAN    SIMPLE AVERAGE  TEAMS      WIN50%

1  BIG 12              (A) =  81.00      81.11  (  2)     10      81.08  (  2)
   2  SEC-WEST            (A) =  80.94      81.61  (  1)      7      81.37  (  1)
   3  SEC-EAST            (A) =  79.70      80.08  (  3)      7      79.82  (  3)
   4  PAC-12 NORTH        (A) =  79.31      78.49  (  5)      6      78.78  (  5)
   5  BIG TEN-E           (A) =  79.28      79.08  (  4)      7      79.13  (  4)
   6  BIG TEN-W           (A) =  76.60      75.58  (  7)      7      75.90  (  7)
   7  ACC-ATL             (A) =  76.43      75.89  (  6)      7      76.19  (  6)
   8  PAC-12 SOUTH        (A) =  75.67      75.00  (  8)      6      75.58  (  8)
   9  AAC                 (A) =  69.87      69.27  ( 10)     11      69.48  ( 10)
  10  ACC-COA             (A) =  69.06      69.58  (  9)      7      69.51  (  9)

On 11/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

if TCU and USC lose, Ohio State and Alabama are in.  Bama at #4 could beat Georgia, really the only team that can (aside from Texas) with the athletes. 

If TCU and USC lose, UGA drops to 2 and pairs up with TOSU at 3. No way Bama and UGA play each other in the first round. 

(Or Bama jumps TOSU to 3.)

Edited by Horndog

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Or TCU hangs on to #4.

I can’t see that. Given the choice between 12-1 TCU or 11-1 tOSU, tOSU gets the nod 10 times out of 10. They already did in 2014 and they will again this year. It’s not about logic or reasoning. It’s about the brand on the side of the helmet. 

If it were 12-1 UT or OUsux, those brands would pull them into the CFI. Maybe even OkSU. But not little ol’ TCU. 

24 minutes ago, nnm said:

I can’t see that. Given the choice between 12-1 TCU or 11-1 tOSU, tOSU gets the nod 10 times out of 10. They already did in 2014 and they will again this year. It’s not about logic or reasoning. It’s about the brand on the side of the helmet. 

If it were 12-1 UT or OUsux, those brands would pull them into the CFI. Maybe even OkSU. But not little ol’ TCU. 

I don’t disagree, but getting worked by 3 TDs on your own field doesn’t hold up to splitting with a top 15 team, imo. Unless TCU gets their asses run off the field, I’d keep them in over a team that got to 11-0 against a sub-.500 schedule then folded. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, nnm said:

I was responding to the scenario if TCU and USC both lose.  I think the scenario would be Mich, UGA, OSU, TCU over 2-loss Bama.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 8:10 AM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Lol. Great post bro. 

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Fuxk TCU I hope they get blasted!!! 

Sark you freaking cock sucker!! Should’ve been us 

On the one hand, Sarkisian brought in a staff (the DC on which who was persona non grata for a year and a half) that generally develops players, instilled a better culture, recruited to fill gaps left by the previous guys, had a fairly good offense with two true freshman on the OL, has a defense that’s much improved and comes to hit, and competed to the point where some think Texas “should have” made the playoffs. 

On the other hand, “fuck that guy,” amirite?

Good times.

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Hook 'Em 2

Fuck TCU. Anyone rooting for those cockroaches is a dumbass.

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

On the one hand, Sarkisian brought in a staff (the DC on which who was persona non grata for a year and a half) that generally develops players, instilled a better culture, recruited to fill gaps left by the previous guys, had a fairly good offense with two true freshman on the OL, has a defense that’s much improved and comes to hit, and competed to the point where some think Texas “should have” made the playoffs. 

On the other hand, “fuck that guy,” amirite?

Good times.

I’m convinced this new account is some sort of PR spin implemented by Sark’s agent.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Fuck TCU. Anyone rooting for those cockroaches is a dumbass.

I’m convinced this new account is some sort of PR spin implemented by Sark’s agent.

Yeah. Problem is they keep cutting my pay when I mention the WTF second halves and the choice not to at least give Card a shot in a couple of games. 

But, sure, the sky isn’t just falling but has fallen. Have fun with that. 

9 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Chris Simms weighs in

When I want opinions about college football, I want the biggest waste of talent we ever had and I want his opinion now. 

31 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Chris Simms weighs in

Remember when SEC guys used to brag about how they play real football and the big 12 is all offense and no defense? And then they started using the coaching and offensive schemes that we were using? I remember. Alabama-Tenn was a complete shootout this year lmao. But SEC SEC defense really matters!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1