Hard Knocks 2022: Midseason with the Cardinals

4th&Five

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I don’t think I have ever seen an episode of Hard Knocks. Following the Lions around should keep it that way.

Well look at THIS fucking guy. 

Hard Knocks is pretty formulaic and can get kinda boring IMO. I don’t  think I even watched the final episode from the Cowboys last year.

That said, it always gets my football pants tingling. And did so tonight.

Also that one player really shitting on U of Memphis 🤣 

Edited by LonghornSean

I always liked Dan Campbell and had hoped Jerry would talk to him after Garrett. I loved him when he played for the Cowboys back before Witten, thought he did a great job as an interim in Miami, and know he got a great mentorship with Parcells and Payton.

I doubt he’ll get the players he needs or support from the front office to succeed before the Fords fire him. But I like him.

• Hook 'Em 2

Same. He was a helluva player and I think he's a helluva coach. Looks like he put together a very talented group of assistants. Whether he succeeds with the Fords is a severely uphill battle. I also like the Hutchinson kid. He's going to be a beast.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Same. He was a helluva player and I think he's a helluva coach. Looks like he put together a very talented group of assistants. Whether he succeeds with the Fords is a severely uphill battle. I also like the Hutchinson kid. He's going to be a beast.

The lions seem to have finally figured it out (30th times the charm?). Instead of these fake "rebuilds" they tore it all down and are slowly building it back up. I am so torn this year. Goff is clearly not the answer long term, so I would love to finish dead last and have pick of the two QBs coming out this year. But I hate rooting for them to lose. 

Last year was pretty perfect. Except for the Bengals game they were competitive in almost all the games and lost 5-6 on literally the final play/drive of the game. That is what I want. Them being competitive but losing and getting that QB they need. 

I also hope the wheels completely fall off in LA (wishful thinking) and the rams finish middle of the pack. Would love the lions to have the number 1 pick and then another one at like 16-18. 

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I always liked Dan Campbell and had hoped Jerry would talk to him after Garrett. I loved him when he played for the Cowboys back before Witten, thought he did a great job as an interim in Miami, and know he got a great mentorship with Parcells and Payton.

I doubt he’ll get the players he needs or support from the front office to succeed before the Fords fire him. But I like him.

I thought last night's episode was solid and agreed DC seems like a good coach.

I mean just look at the comparison between clown ass McCarthy with his ridiculous "mojo moments" last season compared to Campbell.  Who would you rather play for?

• Like 2

I thought last night's episode was solid and agreed DC seems like a good coach.
I mean just look at the comparison between clown ass McCarthy with his ridiculous "mojo moments" last season compared to Campbell.  Who would you rather play for?

Unfortunately MCCarthy now has several mojo moments a day. Mostly to watch the kickers miss kicks.

I think both guys would be great to play for if you’re a player. I like DC a lot, but he and Jammal Williams are going to have to calm the fuck down if they’re gonna get through a season. Glenn and Staley have got to start acting like coaches instead of like players. This Detroit team has some talent and will get better, but they need some coaches acting like adults. 

Who orchestrated the Stafford trade?  DC?  It was genius. Goff is a very serviceable QB. I expect he and Swift to surprise this year. 

I kind of hate the Lions but DC is hard not to like. I did not realize he was an Aggy and figured that will put him on most of your shit lists from the jump. I loved the shit talking between Duce and Aaron Glenn. The biggest thing I'm worried about is this series making me a Lions fan. My Lions fandom died when 20 walked away.

Also I have to say that I found it funny that it took what, 20 minutes, to expose the Michigan guy as condescending and arrogant. 

So this is random, but were the curse words “bleeped” for anyone else?

I know in the past they “bleeped” them for second runs on HBO and also the streaming versions on HBO Max, but they “first run” of each episode on HBO always had them.

I thought I had “recorded” the first run episode on HBO (via YouTube TV) the other night but the curse words were “bleeped” when I watched.

Wondering if somehow I didn’t catch the first airing or the NFL pulled some shit this year and wouldn’t let curse words air…? (Which wouldn’t surprise me)

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, check which episode your DVR caught. Jamaal Williams definitely cursed in his huddle speech of the Tuesday night airing. 

Roger that.

And on this topic, how fucking stupid is it that NFL makes them do this? Like what exactly is the point? A “non-bleeped” version of the show exists, but you’re going to “bleep” subsequent airings *on HBO* because….  Reasons?

So fucking stupid.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Roger that.

And on this topic, how fucking stupid is it that NFL makes them do this? Like what exactly is the point? A “non-bleeped” version of the show exists, but you’re going to “bleep” subsequent airings *on HBO* because….  Reasons?

So beeping stupid.

Fixed

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 7:40 AM, Texzilla58 said:

Not trying to be a know it all, but Campbell and Witten arrived in Dallas at the same time, in Parcells’ first season (‘03), and were teammates for three years. I’m sure Dan was a great mentor for Witten, even though he only had three seasons more experience than him  Nice receiving/blocking TE combo there. Campbell always seemed like a great team guy, so I wouldn’t be upset to see him have some success as well.

I bet this team surprises this year. It’s early but I bet Campbell is a successful head coach. Not sure I’m sold on Glenn as a coach

I wish we had Campbell in Dallas. His issue in Detroit will be if the FO and ownership support him with players. Can Goff do it as a QB? I think he has this team listening to him and you know the fans will love him.

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I wish we had Campbell in Dallas. His issue in Detroit will be if the FO and ownership support him with players. Can Goff do it as a QB? I think he has this team listening to him and you know the fans will love him.

His issue in Dallas would be….Jerry And Stephen Jones

• 4th&Five changed the title to Hard Knocks 2022: Midseason with the Cardinals