LBGTQ

Mo Horn

On 11/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, 'stache said:

Jesus was his own father, isn't that a little more fucked up than possibly being trans?

That (the holy trinity concept of them being one and the same) is a man-made concept that was the result of the Nicaean Creed brought about by Constantine in the 4th century.  

Edited by FartingDreamer

40 minutes ago, FartingDreamer said:

That (the holy trinity concept of them being one and the same) is a man-made concept that was the result of the Nicaean Creed brought about by Constantine in the 4th century.  

Tertulliann is more closely associated with the construct of the Trinity than is Constantine.

• Hook 'Em 1

So in 48 hours, they went from "Abolish the Constitution" to "Everything that happens to Every Kid is my Constitutional Right!"  I'd call that a contradiction, but it'll wrap back the other way again in a day or so and reverse the circle of ineptitude.  Or it'll go on for infinity.  Either way, hallelujah, where's the fucking tylenol?  

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So in 48 hours, they went from "Abolish the Constitution" to "Everything that happens to Every Kid is my Constitutional Right!"  I'd call that a contradiction, but it'll wrap back the other way again in a day or so and reverse the circle of ineptitude.  Or it'll go on for infinity.  Either way, hallelujah, where's the fucking tylenol?  

christmas vacation GIF by hero0fwar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Rep Hartzler represents Missouri's 4th Congressional District. A weird little gerrymandered district between KC and St Louis. The only city of note in her district is Columbia. It looks like it was intentionally drawn to avoid KC, Springfield, Jefferson City, and Joplin. 

lossless-page1-1200px-Missouri_US_Congre

• Like 1

I don't think we need to treat every piece of political theater like a Vince Gilligan scene where every single color and wardrobe garment and set piece has three layers of meaning.  But I mean, come the fuck on with Hartzler and her jacket?  If your name is that blatantly Bavarian, your railing against the need to cleanse the institution of marriage from non-desireables like gays and lesbians, and you're doing it in a jacket literally taken from the S.A. standard issue uniform closet.  And what, that's just a fucking coincidence?  All it's missing is the S.A. armband.  Which I'm sure is under the lectern somewhere.  

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

These people are fucking monsters. How much longer til these assholes just go the fuck away and accept that gay people exist and can let them live their fucking lives.

Are you fucking new to this planet or what?  They'll never go away.  They at least got quiet for a few years but that's over again.  Humanity has been persecuting the "different" for millennia.  Nobody ever stopped to think about what to do with the prosecutors.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Republican senator censured by party for voting for marriage equality bill (msn.com)

local Indiana Republican group is so upset that one of their U.S. senators voted for the Respect for Marriage Act (RMA) that they sent him a letter of censure

“Same-sex couples ― many of whom are also people of faith ― want to be treated with dignity and respect as well,” Young wrote in an op-ed for the Indy Star, explaining his vote. “They don’t want to live in fear of their families being ripped apart by a future court decision.”

In the op-ed, he stressed that the bill – which would require the federal government and state governments to recognize same-sex and interracial marriages performed by other states if the Supreme Court overturns Obergefell v. Hodges – wouldn’t affect religious freedom.

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

So the message as I understand it is:

- if you're one of us, prepare to die in jail,

- if you're a tourist, bring money!!!  The sex thing?  Who cares.

image.thumb.png.6842ebf651527137cb18abac08c501c5.png

Don’t travel there, don’t do business there, divest. Do we give them any economic aid? If we do, we should stop. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:
I don't know - they can't be too happy that a bunch of LBGTQ supporters showed up well-armed (and even outnumbered them).

They never thought we would be armed also.

image.jpeg.b40e5a77bb6a3aecd17e3317df896e6a.jpeg

I would like to do lesbian sexy with Sandra Bullock.  

Glad nobody was hurt and LMFAO at the backwater morons trying to protect the "sanctity and values" of the San Antonio Riverwalk.  You know that place where we've all taken a shit in public, got blackout drunk, inhaled insane amounts of drugs, gotten blowjobs from random girls after telling them we were in town because we were the backup Tight End for the OSU Cowboys in 1997, started riot-scale bar brawls, and became the first person ever asked to leave a Dick's Last Resort due to what the manager called "Hurtful Language."  But yes, a drag show with no nudity or sexual acts is just a bridge (ideal for doing keybumps under) too far for the Guardians of Riverwalk Morality. 

Edited by YGIFS

Ken Paxton is starting a build a list of trans people based on who changed their driver's license gender

HOUSTON — Employees at the Texas Department of Public Safety in June received a sweeping request from Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton’s office: to compile a list of individuals who had changed their gender on their Texas driver’s license and other department records during the past two years.

“Need total number of changes from male to female and female to male for the last 24 months, broken down by month,” the chief of the DPS’s driver license division emailed colleagues in the department on June 30, according to a copy of a message obtained by The Washington Post through a public records request. “We won’t need DL/ID numbers at first but may need to have them later if we are required to manually look up documents.”

After more than 16,000 such instances were identified, DPS officials determined that a manual search would be needed to determine the reason for the changes, DPS spokesman Travis Considine told The Post in response to questions.

“A verbal request was received,” he wrote in an email. “Ultimately, our team advised the AG’s office the data requested neither exists nor could be accurately produced. Thus, no data of any kind was provided.”
Asked who in Paxton’s office had requested the records, he replied: “I cannot say.”
The behind-the-scenes effort by Paxton’s office to obtain data on how many Texans had changed their gender on their license came as the attorney general, Gov. Greg Abbott and other Republican leaders in the state have been publicly marshaling resources against transgender Texans.
Earlier this year, Abbott signed a bill banning transgender youths from participating in sports that align with their gender identity at K-12 public schools and ordered the state to investigate the provision of gender-affirming care as potential child abuse. State lawmakers have already proposed more than a dozen anti-LGBTQ measures ahead of the next session in January, including criminalizing gender-affirming care and banning minors at drag shows.

Public records obtained by The Post do not indicate why the attorney general’s office sought the driver’s license information. But advocates for transgender Texans say Paxton could use the data to further restrict their right to transition, calling it a chilling effort to secretly harness personal information to persecute already vulnerable people.
“This is another brick building toward targeting these individuals,” said Ian Pittman, an Austin attorney who represents Texas parents of transgender children investigated by the state. “They’ve already targeted children and parents. The next step would be targeting adults. And what better way than seeing what adults had had their sex changed on their driver’s licenses?”
Alexis Salkeld Garcia, 34, of Austin, a trans woman who changed the gender listed on her driver’s license from male to female a year and a half ago, said the attorney general’s office inquiry made her feel “terrified.”

“It’s very specifically targeted, and the one person I don’t want knowing about my gender status is Ken Paxton,” said Salkeld Garcia, a software engineer who worries state officials might try to switch the gender listed on her driver’s license back to male.
“I don’t want a cop pulling me over and knowing I’m trans. That is why I changed my gender marker extremely quickly” after transitioning, she said.
Paxton’s office did not respond to requests for comment.
The records obtained by The Post, which document communications between DPS employees, are entitled: “AG Request Sex Change Data” and “AG data request.” They indicate that Paxton’s office sought the records a month after the state Supreme Court ruled that Paxton and Abbott had overreached in their efforts to investigate families with transgender children for child abuse.

There's more in the article, but suffice to say - it would seem our top cop in the state is working on figuring out a solution to his "trans problem".

Really weird how it also coincides with the shift in the far right street fighters to target LGBTQ folks with violence.... 

Edited by Captainant
changed to no paywall link
  • Rage+1 2

On 12/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, FartingDreamer said:

You're saying that a religious concept is man-made? No way!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Well, the wingnuts are showing up in San Antonio, planning to disrupt/intimidate a holiday drag show.

I've been to that show in the past.  It's really just this guy in SA really likes drag shows so he pays to fly a bunch of them in every year and sells tickets to recoup the costs.  I don't remember seeing any kids at these shows, but I wasn't exactly looking for kids either.  I do know for sure I've never seen a single protester at these events in the past.  This is a wholly manufactured controversy.  

I continue to be shocked at how easily manipulated people who call themselves conservative are.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

a database of people who've changed their gender on government documents?  What could possibly go wrong?  As we all know a government database on what you're packing below the waist only leads to tyrannical overreach, or so it was explained to me by the NRA.  

When they put you on their list, and they will......remember their collaborators.  They'll come to you as someone you know, someone you even trust.  They'll convince you to participate in the registration for purposes of health care resources, or census data, or to show true LGBTQ+ numbers in an area for advocacy purposes and aide.  The armed jackasses in San Antonio will at least have had the decency to show their intentions on their sleeves.  The really evil ones will come as your friends.  

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I've been to that show in the past.  It's really just this guy in SA really likes drag shows so he pays to fly a bunch of them in every year and sells tickets to recoup the costs.  I don't remember seeing any kids at these shows, but I wasn't exactly looking for kids either.  I do know for sure I've never seen a single protester at these events in the past.  This is a wholly manufactured controversy.  

I continue to be shocked at how easily manipulated people who call themselves conservative are.  

It's fucking pathetic how eager they are to be duped

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1