LBGTQ

Mo Horn

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

You might as well be triple talking about HCQ. In fact, you may be triple. He didn't seem as generally dimwitted as you. But just putting it out into the universe. 

Why are you this way?  

ETA:  WTF is wrong with you?

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of the first things to understand is that for minors, there's very little pharmaceutical or surgical intervention.

It's mostly social, and carefully monitored.  The people involved in this know better than you that children are whimsical to say the least.

And, as much as you may like to think libruls are destroying the social fabric of America, the fact is that a child that chooses, with guidance, to socially transition will have to balance their internal happiness against a mega shit ton of people who will socially isolate and abuse them, from other kids to adults.  And that's a decision that a child can make, and reverse, validly with proper support.

Puberty blockers are sometimes used to halt development of secondary sex characteristics until the child reaches majority or passes through any possible "phase."  They have relatively few side effects and certainly don't destroy the reproductive system.  They were designed for the cases of 8 year olds growing big tits, hairy chests, and big dicks and have a 40 year track record.

The people involved in this are not letting 13-year olds have sex change operations because they think it's cool this week, despite what your political allies tell you or want you to think.

When I come across stuff like this, I remember and want to remind people that alcoholism was universally considered a moral defect or lack of willpower until the latter 20th century.  For all of modern medicine's flaws, it doesn't really tend to embrace some "flavor of the month" in social or scientific thinking, the relationship between serum cholesterol and eating cholesterol-containing foods notwithstanding.

Yeah sure, this 50 gender identities seems laughable at first, and any notion of letting minors have sex-change operations is problematic to say the least.  But, if you're not willing to dig a little deeper into the facts of it and consider that this can be a huge issue for people, then I don't really know what to tell you, other than you should "check yourself before you wreck yourself."  Analogiing this to kids wanting to eat skittles for breakfast is pretty appalling.

There’s many side affects associated with these hormones, cancer and infertility among them. Trying to say otherwise is just disingenuous. I’ve definitely dug deeper on this subject and could never in good conscience damage their physical health to such a degree.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

There’s many side affects associated with these hormones, cancer and infertility among them. Trying to say otherwise is just disingenuous. I’ve definitely dug deeper on this subject and could never in good conscience damage their physical health to such a degree.

Which hormone blockers cause cancer and infertility?

9 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Which hormone blockers cause cancer and infertility?

Hormone blockers can have some effect on fertility, but it’s generally used as a pause button until the hormone treatments. That’s where the more serious damage takes place. 

• Fuck You 2

Hormone blockers can have some effect on fertility, but it’s generally used as a pause button until the hormone treatments. That’s where the more serious damage takes place. 
Your lack of an actual answer is noted.

But I'll play along... those sound like possible side effects. The kind of possible side effects that should be discussed by patient, parents, and doctors. For some reason you want Greg Abbott, Briscoe Cain and Ken Paxton involved. Weird.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Your lack of an actual answer is noted.

But I'll play along... those sound like possible side effects. The kind of possible side effects that should be discussed by patient, parents, and doctors. For some reason you want Greg Abbott, Briscoe Cain and Ken Paxton involved. Weird.

Google what high levels of estrogen do to a man’s testes. This really isn’t all that complicated. I never mentioned any political leader, my issue is with parents. 

• Fuck You 4

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

This does not answer my question. List what hormone blockers cause cancer and infertility. 

Also link evidence of a minor child being given estrogens (or androgens)

Why would an adult who doesn’t want their testes give a shit about what estrogens do to them?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Google what high levels of estrogen do to a man’s testes. This really isn’t all that complicated. I never mentioned any political leader, my issue is with parents. 

Parents who experience “persistent, consistent, and insistent” declarations, you meant to say. And, please note, these same parents likely know that their kids have around a 1% probability of later deciding to detransition. 

Why should your issues, invoked from a distance, that conceivably could be valid for one child in a hundred, outweigh the decisions of parents, who are overwhelmingly, statistically, correct that transition is the best possible future for their child, in terms of recorded outcomes judged by decisions of those most affected?

Edited by Willfully Horn
Claro

6 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

This does not answer my question. List what hormone blockers cause cancer and infertility. 

Why would an adult who doesn’t want their testes give a shit about what estrogens do to them?

It's hard to find a clinic that will even take minors younger than fifteen. My clinic's age limit is fifteen, and we will prescribe those patients estradiol and testosterone of various forms (whichever works best for the patient)...after the minor, the parent, and the provider talk things through to make sure everyone is on the same page. And ofc not every parent will sign off on things. Seeing the difference on the faces of those kids...ecstatic walking into the clinic and devastated while walking out...is the worst.

And taking E/T is not guaranteed to "destroy" your biology. Holy fucking shit. We have trans men and women regularly who stop their hormones so they can either get pregnant or get someone pregnant. Most of the time, the only "irreversible" side effects for people are shit like facial/chest/body hair/lowered voice (for trans men) and little hormone titties (trans women). Most of the effects of HRT will slowly revert once you stop taking the hormone. (Obv none of that is directed at you, Sawbonz)

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s very easy to find this information. One search gives about a thousand links to the danger of the aforementioned hormones. Here’s an article about the damage to heart and risks of strokes. People are free to parent as they wish; however, the risk is far too great for my children. 

https://www.everydayhealth.com/heart-health/transgender-women-have-unique-heart-risks-as-they-age/

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s very easy to find this information. One search gives about a thousand links to the danger of the aforementioned hormones. Here’s an article about the damage to heart and risks of strokes. People are free to parent as they wish; however, the risk is far too great for my children. 

https://www.everydayhealth.com/heart-health/transgender-women-have-unique-heart-risks-as-they-age/

So when they have long been an adult and able to weigh the risks vs benefits of any medication or procedure they have “unique “ heart risks? 

why don’t you link a study that shows cardiovascular risks for phenotypical males vs age matched transgender females? 

You must be a troll because of you were as dumb as your posts make you seem I doubt you would be able to log on

27 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

So not cancer and infertility? Were you just making something up?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So when they have long been an adult and able to weigh the risks vs benefits of any medication or procedure they have “unique “ heart risks? 

why don’t you link a study that shows cardiovascular risks for phenotypical males vs age matched transgender females? 

You must be a troll because of you were as dumb as your posts make you seem I doubt you would be able to log on

Why doesn’t he link a study that shows what he claimed originally?

I also love the “people are free to parents as the wish”… no they aren’t that is literally the entire fucking discussion 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The issue isn’t necessarily the heart risks/infertility/cancer, it’s that they made these decisions at 15 or so that could lead to a lifetime of negative health outcomes. They have no concept of long term at that age. 

• Fuck You 2

47 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

do you understand at all that any idiot can post something on the internet and google is going to index it?

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So not cancer and infertility? Were you just making something up?

There’s tons of that to find as well. Here’s some info on infertility on these drugs. Do I need to post the elevated risks of cancer in these hormones as well? You guys seem to have gotten lazy here. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6626312/

Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy

• Fuck You 1

Poe: I’m jUst CoNcErnEd AbOuT wHaT tHiS DoEs tO tHe ChIlDrEn

us: What, specifically, does this do to the children that concerns you? 

Poe: *sends article about risks to “older” trans women*

Stellar debate skills! No notes!

Edited by Queen Bitch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Queen Bitch said:

Poe: I’m jUst CoNcErnEd AbOuT wHaT tHiS DoEs tO tHe ChIlDrEn

us: What, specifically, does this to the children? 

Poe: *sends article about risk to “older” trans women*

Stellar debate skills! No notes!

You poor thing, you’re like a child wandering into the middle of the movie. 

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

The issue isn’t necessarily the heart risks/infertility/cancer, it’s that they made these decisions at 15 or so that could lead to a lifetime of negative health outcomes. They have no concept of long term at that age. 

Still waiting for the cancer studies that you’re claiming.

The only thing I’ve seen is that men transitioning to women have a higher risk of breast cancer than non trans men but still significantly less than women. 

There’s tons of that to find as well. Here’s some info on infertility on these drugs. Do I need to post the elevated risks of cancer in these hormones as well? You guys seem to have gotten lazy here. 

Testosterone therapy in transgender men can suppress ovulation and alter ovarian histology, while estrogen therapy in transgender women can lead to impaired spermatogenesis and testicular atrophy

So you posted something else that wasn’t cancer. If it’s so prevalent then show us. 
It’s also interesting that you didn’t post the entire abstract from that study that talks about the possibilities of reversal

Edited by hobbes2702

Lol you think transgender men want to ovulate monthly and transgender women want large sperm filled balls?!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Except that nothing you have posted thus far backs this up

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Still waiting for the cancer studies that you’re claiming.

The only thing I’ve seen is that men transitioning to women have a higher risk of breast cancer than non trans men but still significantly less than women. 

So you posted something else that wasn’t cancer. If it’s so prevalent then show us. 
It’s also interesting that you didn’t post the entire abstract from that study that talks about the possibilities of reversal

Estrogen is a known carcinogen and is linked to a higher than normal breast cancer risk, along with prostate and lactotroph adenoma. I can find more links, although I’m feeling this relationship is a bit one-sided lately with me doing all the work. 

Reversal is possible, but certainly not guaranteed. 

• Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Estrogen is a known carcinogen and is linked to a higher than normal breast cancer risk, along with prostate and lactotroph adenoma. I can find more links, although I’m feeling this relationship is a bit one-sided lately with me doing all the work. 

I already addressed the breast cancer risk. Their risk is greater than non trans men slightly and less than women significantly. Is that really all you’re leaning on?

Why would I do the work to support a claim you made? 

Also read the shit you post maybe. There’s a lot in the study that you posted about the effectiveness of discontinuing hormones on fertility health.

Three of the patients who had continued hormones were azoospermic while all patients who had discontinued hormones had semen analysis parameters that were within normal limits based on World Health Organization (WHO) reference values (32).

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

So you think cis women should have their ovaries removed?

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I already addressed the breast cancer risk. Their risk is greater than non trans men slightly and less than women significantly. Is that really all you’re leaning on?

Why would I do the work to support a claim you made? 

Also read the shit you post maybe. There’s a lot in the study that you posted about the effectiveness of discontinuing hormones on fertility health.

Yes, I would prefer not to elevate their cancer risk when possible. Combined with the infertility risk, I couldn’t in good conscience put them through that. 

• Fuck You 1

the knowledge some of you non-doctors have of these hormones and physiology and body chemistry, etc. is pretty impressive actually. 

Blows my fucking mind you couldn't apply that same scientific lens to masks or vaccines and instead "doing my own research" led you not to public health but the inner workings of puberty-stage teenage genitalia.  But hey, it's 2023...you do you.  And with a sex change, you might literally be able to ;) 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, Poe It Up said:

Yes, I would prefer not to elevate their cancer risk when possible. Combined with the infertility risk, I couldn’t in good conscience put them through that. 

So you still haven’t done any reading of the study you posted apparently.

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

the knowledge some of you non-doctors have of these hormones and physiology and body chemistry, etc. is pretty impressive actually. 

Blows my fucking mind you couldn't apply that same scientific lens to masks or vaccines and instead "doing my own research" led you not to public health but the inner workings of puberty-stage teenage genitalia.  But hey, it's 2023...you do you.  And with a sex change, you might literally be able to ;) 

I’m vaxxed and actually liked the mask. There were no stop and chats and people moved out of your way at the store. I miss the pandemic. 

• Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

So you want to ban all prescription medication that can elevate cancer risk, increase infertility, or increase cardiovascular events?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

So you are ok with hormone blockers up to age of consent and then gender affirming hormone therapy?
Will that cause misery to people he doesn't readily identify with? Well then he isn't for it. If you're a parent consulting with a medical professional, he wants a say in the decision, regardless of the zero impact it has on his life.

He's shown everyone who he is. It's time to believe him.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So you are ok with hormone blockers up to age of consent and then gender affirming hormone therapy?

I know they’re meant to be temporary, so I’m not sure about the effects of long-term use. Maybe there’s some wiggle room there though, I’ll chew on it. 

• Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, tchookem said:

Will that cause misery to people he doesn't readily identify with? Well then he isn't for it. If you're a parent consulting with a medical professional, he wants a say in the decision, regardless of the zero impact it has on his life.

He's shown everyone who he is. It's time to believe him.

Where have I said I want to get involved in other’s decisions? I’m just saying that I could never do it. 

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I know they’re meant to be temporary, so I’m not sure about the effects of long-term use. Maybe there’s some wiggle room there though, I’ll chew on it. 

I’m sure the American Academy of Pediatrics will be waiting with bated breath

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

Do you want to ban smoking and smoked meats or nah?  I mean, I know you're for small government and freedom of choice and all.

But all of this is a complete sideshow.  We are talking about right wing efforts to meddle in the lives of children and their families, not adults who are presumably free to make bad health choices.  You haven't identified any real risks from which children need to be protected.  And certainly none from which they aren't protected by a combination of their parents and qualified medical personnel.  Except that they might turn out queer and you want to avoid that at all cost, seemingly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Where have I said I want to get involved in other’s decisions? I’m just saying that I could never do it. 

Oh, I know this game! It’s the single issue right wing game of non compromise!

It’s a fun game, play by yourself or your group of fox watching friends. So far our resident Wannabe Aggy on this site allegedly feel:

The war on drugs should end (at least legalize weed).

People should stay out of medical decisions others are making and leave it up to those people and their doctors.

There should be red flag laws, age restrictions on guns (males up to a certain age) and even don’t care if you take their precious AR-15.

Those are major issues with positive implications beyond just their scope. But nope, absolutely can not vote for politicians that also feel the same way on one or dare I say all those issues because that would mean not voting R.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do you want to ban smoking and smoked meats or nah?  I mean, I know you're for small government and freedom of choice and all.

But all of this is a complete sideshow.  We are talking about right wing efforts to meddle in the lives of children and their families, not adults who are presumably free to make bad health choices.  You haven't identified any real risks from which children need to be protected.  And certainly none from which they aren't protected by a combination of their parents and qualified medical personnel.  Except that they might turn out queer and you want to avoid that at all cost, seemingly.

No, but I’m not going to smoke meat for every meal either. It’s just begging for a negative health outcome.

There’s absolutely risks associated with these drugs, and serious ones. You may think the risk is worth it, but I most certainly do not. Queer, straight, who cares, just leave the kids out of it. 

14 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Oh, I know this game! It’s the single issue right wing game of non compromise!

It’s a fun game, play by yourself or your group of fox watching friends. So far our resident Wannabe Aggy on this site allegedly feel:

The war on drugs should end (at least legalize weed).

People should stay out of medical decisions others are making and leave it up to those people and their doctors.

There should be red flag laws, age restrictions on guns (males up to a certain age) and even don’t care if you take their precious AR-15.

Those are major issues with positive implications beyond just their scope. But nope, absolutely can not vote for politicians that also feel the same way on one or dare I say all those issues because that would mean not voting R.

I have absolutely no idea what you’re babbling about, I’m sorry. 

• Fuck You 1