LBGTQ

Mo Horn

6 minutes ago, troph said:

and I lay out the legislative attack and your very response indicates you ain’t doing shit to help your fellow humans. You imply  I’m on my own.  Your veneer is thin and everyone but you sees through it. 

I’ve been talking about the evidence for giving hormones to adolescents. You’ve been conflating that position with lots of other things. If you insist on doing so, just realize that you will end up making some people unnecessary adversaries. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I’ve been talking about the evidence for giving hormones to adolescents. You’ve been conflating that position with lots of other things. If you insist on doing so, just realize that you will end up making some people unnecessary adversaries. 

It’s all the same to trans people. Glad you’re enjoying your morning routine bantering on a message board. 

btw, listening to a report that the SBC kicked out serval churches this week because they have women pastors (completely within their right but holy misogyny).  Next story up, fear of aiding and abetting laws for abortion in Texas. 

the assault is all encompassing folks. 

YOU might be next.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1

Btw you said you hoped we saw each other IRL and made up? Here or nowhere. Unequivocally not a chance with your positions. Your positions - active and passive, express and implied - are an anathema to my and my people’s very existence. Do not walk up to me if you think you see me. You are not welcome. You are my enemy. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Funny that these people think we don't recognize concern trolls in tyool 2023

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, troph said:

YOU might be next.

Authoritarianism requires scapegoats to absolve itself of responsibility so eventually everyone is next, and that includes those who jump on the authoritarian bandwagon and become casualties of the MAGA civil war, formerly "best people" in the Trump administration who are later denounced as "total losers", or Russians in Putin's inner sanctum flinging themselves out of windows. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

Btw you said you hoped we saw each other IRL and made up? Here or nowhere. Unequivocally not a chance with your positions. Your positions - active and passive, express and implied - are an anathema to my and my people’s very existence. Do not walk up to me if you think you see me. You are not welcome. You are my enemy. 

Well, I sincerely regret that you feel that way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

If you would like to do something beyond making your voice heard to your Congressional representatives (which you should absolutely do), today also happens to be 
Amplify Austin Day, which is "the biggest day of giving in Central Texas, raising $82 million dollars for the local community." The website to which I linked is a platform the organization uses to make it easy to find local non-profits and charities with missions/values you share and want to support. The purpose of giving on AAD is that sponsors will match donations and organizations that raise x amount of dollars can get additional resources and support.

If you'd like to make a donation to an organization on the front lines of this fight in Texas that provides gender-affirming care (only 15+! Don't worry, Ana, we make the kids suffer by having to start puberty before we'll help them), sexual health testing and treatment (even for the straights), HIV prevention, HIV care, and psychological counseling to patients throughout the state of Texas while never charging anyone a cent for our services, please PM me and I'll point you to my organization. Our funding sources have been dramatically reduced in the last couple of years, a part of which is due to the hostility of the State, and we can use all the help we can get.

ETA: the event starts at 6pm

Edited by safe sex
time
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

Non-apologies do more harm than any good. The premise behind them is to deflect, pretend to apologize, and ultimately win the disagreement merely by placing blame back on the individual or group making the initial concern.

Believe me, we have a lot of experience with others saying they are sorry we feel how we feel while they cram harmful legislation down our throats or tell us GAC isn’t available for this reason or that reason.  Fuck man, my first doctor was a fetishist and inspected my body up and down talking about my breasts and how my skin glowed. He talked about how attractive I was and how “we” were doing such a great job. It was awful, but hey he would write my scripts so I just dealt with it.  I didn’t dare tell him he was a creep not only would he have gaslit me he would have told me to GTFO after saying he’s sorry I feel that way. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

48 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If you've never had to spend time thinking about how you are going to keep your life together because the government is after your people, never considered if you could just leave the state your are in or if you'd have to find a way to live in another country, never had a concern that you were going to provide some physical cue that would cause someone to attack you randomly, consider yourself lucky.  But also, don't be an asshole to those of us who have had to complete these thought exercises.  It doesn't affect you yet, but given enough time it will affect everyone one of you.  Once we're exterminated, and the gays are surely on deck right after they kill off all the trans people, the learned people will be up next, so good luck!

What about pseudointellectuals?  Asking for Ana.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If you've never had to spend time thinking about how you are going to keep your life together because the government is after your people, never considered if you could just leave the state your are in or if you'd have to find a way to live in another country, never had a concern that you were going to provide some physical cue that would cause someone to attack you randomly, consider yourself lucky.  But also, don't be an asshole to those of us who have had to complete these thought exercises.  It doesn't affect you yet, but given enough time it will affect everyone one of you.  Once we're exterminated, and the gays are surely on deck right after they kill off all the trans people, the learned people will be up next, so good luck!

it's really hard to explain. it's really hard to appreciate how hard it is even when you are under it because you have no choice. But the weight is intense.  today I'm exhausted and this morning I had to remember to breathe when my mind was on a runaway train about those things.  it's a massive drag on happiness, productivity, all of it.

right now, families who are trying their best are having to uproot their families and move to another state for no reason other than republican legislators discriminate against and spew hatred toward them, and people are okay with it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

The medical community’s best practices is not determined by right wing alternative truthers, who blatantly ignore relevant facts. Yet.

Yet? It's already reality in Mississippi, and soon to be in Oklahoma, Texas, and everywhere else in the South. You know, the people who love Jesus and abide by his word to love your neighbor as yourself (unless they're gay or trans or anything else).

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

Wait….hysterectomies would be banned? A fucking routine procedure done for a variety of medical reasons?
The fascists aren’t even trying to hide it anymore, they’re showing it off.

Y’all are missing that vasectomies are also called out as a banned gender modification.

Get cut, boys, while you still can.

44 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

33 minutes ago, tigol said:

That dude is projecting. Holy shit.

Come on, guys.  You all know it's different if you do it at Homecoming in high school.  It's just like wearing black face or a Nazi uniform at a fancy dress party if you're a governor, prime minister, or a prince.

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

Y’all are missing that vasectomies are also called out as a banned gender modification.

Get cut, boys, while you still can.

First they came for my vas deferens.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yet? It's already reality in Mississippi, and soon to be in Oklahoma, Texas, and everywhere else in the South. You know, the people who love Jesus and abide by his word to love your neighbor as yourself (unless they're gay or trans or anything else).

Sure, fascistic legislative fiat is already a fact. I was referring to the medical community, and what their consensus states. That consensus is spoilered, as it is redundant to this thread.

Spoiler

1. The scholarly literature makes clear that gender transition is effective in treating gender dysphoria and can significantly improve the well-being of transgender individuals.

2. Among the positive outcomes of gender transition and related medical treatments for transgender individuals are improved quality of life, greater relationship satisfaction, higher self-esteem and confidence, and reductions in anxiety, depression, suicidality, and substance use.

3. The positive impact of gender transition on transgender well-being has grown considerably in recent years, as both surgical techniques and social support have improved.

4. Regrets following gender transition are extremely rare and have become even rarer as both surgical techniques and social support have improved. Pooling data from numerous studies demonstrates a regret rate ranging from .3 percent to 3.8 percent. Regrets are most likely to result from a lack of social support after transition or poor surgical outcomes using older techniques.

5. Factors that are predictive of success in the treatment of gender dysphoria include adequate preparation and mental health support prior to treatment, proper follow-up care from knowledgeable providers, consistent family and social support, and high-quality surgical outcomes (when surgery is involved).

6. Transgender individuals, particularly those who cannot access treatment for gender dysphoria or who encounter unsupportive social environments, are more likely than the general population to experience health challenges such as depression, anxiety, suicidality and minority stress. While gender transition can mitigate these challenges, the health and well-being of transgender people can be harmed by stigmatizing and discriminatory treatment.

7. An inherent limitation in the field of transgender health research is that it is difficult to conduct prospective studies or randomized control trials of treatments for gender dysphoria because of the individualized nature of treatment, the varying and unequal circumstances of population members, the small size of the known transgender population, and the ethical issues involved in withholding an effective treatment from those who need it.

8. Transgender outcomes research is still evolving and has been limited by the historical stigma against conducting research in this field. More research is needed to adequately characterize and address the needs of the transgender population.

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-well-being-of-transgender-people/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Fuck that lawyer piece of shit.  First, the hormone high is initially great that’s true - “pink fog” they call it, but in a very short time it turns to a tornado of puberty based mood swings, uncontrollable crying, etc. until you settle in…

second, I earlier wanted to post about how amazing it felt to finally have access to my meds. Beyond these initial feelings that were best described as an emotional roller coaster, the best part is after your body settles in, then it’s like drinking water when you’re really thirsty. The feeling of wholeness and rightness permeates and doesn’t stop. It’s everyday. EVERYDAY for the last 8 years after adjusting I’ve felt nothing but wholeness from them.  It’s nothing like abusing drugs, it’s actually quite opposite the best part is the lasting part not the initial high. it’s medicine, it’s a fucking cure. 

and by the way, on what god forsaken planet does this guy think a cisgender male teenager is gonna get lost in the high of feeling like a teenage female? I mean really?  What the fuck does this guy smoke at night when he’s writing his motion?  Or is it acknowledging that hey, these kids love their meds, they feel great, boys are now feeling like the girls they are and girls are now feeling like the boys they are but it’s just like heroin, it’s a trap, don’t do it. 

Talk about mansplaining. He’s a fucking moron. 

Edited by troph

Terry Schilling, president of the conservative American Principles Project, said his organization wants gender-transition procedures for minors and adults to be unthinkable in the future. “I want transition care to be thought of as horrific medical practices that happened in the past,” he said.

Focusing on protecting children first was obvious, according to Schilling, because “they are so vulnerable.” But when it comes to adults, he said, he doesn’t want to ban gender transition care but rather use the threat of malpractice suits to discourage health-care providers from offering it. He said he wants to make it so that “anyone who is forced into these surgeries can become a millionaire later.”

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

there not even hiding it anymore. Kids were the logical first step….  they want all GAC to be a thing of the past.

https://apple.news/AS47HWt5VT-61OWUrTvTiJQ

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

at some level, these fucking idiots have to understand that gay, bi, lesbian, queer, trans, et. al.---those are made by married guys and gals fucking, right?  Yes, there are a handful surgically enhanced, but 95% of the people they think are "different" are from cocks and pussies..........just going at it.  Down to clown, in poundtown

On 2/9/2023 at 3:41 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

I haven't seen this piece posted here yet:

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F47477aaa-b157-4ce9-9d10-db8380803ce5_6000x4000.jpeg

I Thought I Was Saving Trans Kids. Now I’m Blowing the Whistle.

There are more than 100 pediatric gender clinics across the U.S. I worked at one. What’s happening to children is morally and medically appalling.

MicrosoftTeams-image_4.png?v=1675958400

By Jamie Reed

February 9, 2023

https://www.thefp.com/p/i-thought-i-was-saving-trans-kids

Bari Weiss’ grift site runs a bullshit op ed that leads to an investigation by the clown show Missouri AG. Actual reporters then look into the allegations and find them laughable, but it already served its purpose for the moral panic.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/27/2023 at 10:16 PM, Anastasis said:

You are a clown.

You are an absolutely disgusting human being.  I feel for your family.  Your job is to deny people care, and then you come on here and espouse right wing talking points about LGBTQ and Abortion.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are an absolutely disgusting human being.  I feel for your family.  Your job is to deny people care, and then you come on here and espouse right wing talking points about LGBTQ and Abortion.  

Your feels would certainly be better invested in your own family, and not worrying about mine. You can bark about right wing talking points all you want, but the views I've expressed here wrt hormonal treatment of gender dysphoria in youth are virtually identical to the position of the, I guess, transphobic and right wing Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare based on their recent systematic review of evidence. Same conclusions in every well conducted systematic review to date (UK, Finland, etc.). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Your feels would certainly be better invested in your own family, and not worrying about mine. You can bark about right wing talking points all you want, but the views I've expressed here wrt hormonal treatment of gender dysphoria in youth are virtually identical to the position of the, I guess, transphobic and right wing Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare based on their recent systematic review of evidence. Same conclusions in every well conducted systematic review to date (UK, Finland, etc.). 

I have also read them, and you are mischaracterizing their conclusions.  So not shocked that you would lie.

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I have also read them, and you are mischaracterizing their conclusions.  So not shocked that you would lie.

I don't think so. I am aligned with their findings and recommendations, and especially the one about use within a research context so that the information can be used to inform useful assessments of the outcomes of treatment.  

https://www.socialstyrelsen.se/globalassets/sharepoint-dokument/artikelkatalog/kunskapsstod/2022-3-7799.pdf

For adolescents with gender incongruence, the NBHW deems that the risks of puberty suppressing treatment with GnRH-analogues and gender-affirming hormonal treatment currently outweigh the possible benefits, and that the treatments should be offered only in exceptional cases. This judgement is based mainly on three factors: the continued lack of reliable scientific evidence concerning the efficacy and the safety of both treatments [2], the new knowledge that detransition occurs among young adults [3], and the uncertainty that follows from the yet unexplained increase in the number of care seekers, an increase particularly large among adolescents registered as females at birth [4].

A systematic review published in 2022 by the Swedish Agency for Health Technology Assessment and Assessment of Social Services [2] shows that the state of knowledge largely remains unchanged compared to 2015. High quality trials such as RCTs are still lacking and the evidence on treatment efficacy and safety is still insufficient and inconclusive for all reported outcomes. Further, it is not possible to determine how common it is for adolescents who undergo gender-affirming treatment to later change their perception of their gender identity or interrupt an ongoing treatment. An important difference compared to 2015 however, is that the occurrence of detransition among young adults is now documented [3], meaning that the uncertain evidence that indicates a low prevalence of treatment interruptions or any aspects of regret is no longer unchallenged. Although the prevalence of detransition is still unknown, the knowledge that it occurs and that gender confirming treatment thus may lead to a deteriorating of health and quality of life (i.e. harm), is important for the overall judgement and recommendation.

To minimize the risk that a young person with gender incongruence later will regret a gender-affirming treatment, the NBHW deems that the criteria for offering GnRH-analogue and gender-affirming hormones should link more closely to those used in the Dutch protocol, where the duration of gender incongruence over time is emphasized [5-7]. Accordingly, an early (childhood) onset of gender incongruence, persistence of gender incongruence until puberty and a marked psychological strain in response to pubertal development is among the recommended criteria. The publications that describe these criteria and the treatment outcomes when given in accordance [5, 6, 8] consitute the best available knowledge and should be used as guidance.

To ensure that new knowledge is gathered, the NBHW further deems that treatment with GnRH-analogues and sex hormones for young people should be provided within a research context, which does not necessarily imply the use of randomized controlled trials (RCTs). As in other healthcare areas where it is difficult to conduct RCTs while retaining sufficient internal validity, it is also important that other prospective study designs are considered for ethical review and that register studies are made possible. Until a research study is in place, the NBHW deems that treatment with GnRH-analogues and sex hormones may be given in exceptional cases, in accordance with the updated recommendations and criteria described in the guidelines. The complex multidisciplinary assessments will eventually be carried out in the three national units that are granted permission to provide highly specialized care services.

In accordance with the DSM-5, the recommendations in the guidelines from 2015 applied to young people with gender dysphoria in general, i.e. also young people with a non-binary gender identity. Another criterion within the Dutch protocol is that the child has had a binary (“cross-gender”) gender identity since childhood [5, 6]. It has emerged during the review process, that the clinical experience and documentation of puberty-suppressing and hormonal treatment for young people with non-binary gender identity is lacking, and also that it is limited for adults. The NBHW still considers that gender dysphoria rather than gender identity should determine access to care and treatment. An urgent work thus remains, to clarify criteria under which adolescents with non-binary gender identity may be offered puberty-suppressing and gender-affirming hormonal treatment within a research framework.

5 minutes ago, Felix said:

Just put him on ignore.

You are an absolutely disgusting human being. 

• Fuck You 5

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I hate to say it, but I told y’all. These are not the people any of y’all should waste your time trying to convince of anything. They are aggy.

Maybe the problem is not the particular audience, but the lack of objectively compelling arguments related to specific points. 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

I doubt it.

But I have two beautiful daughters (they like climbing trees!!!1!1!1!!) that are sweet, smart, funny and strong.

I am just riffing off the nonsense that gets thrown my way. Typically by clowns. Ant certainly fits that bill. Penelope as well. You don't, but I do object to the characterization as aggy for sure. I'll try not to laugh too hard at that notion tomorrow.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

I am just riffing off the nonsense that gets thrown my way. Typically by clowns. Ant certainly fits that bill. Penelope as well. You don't, but I do object to the characterization as aggy for sure. I'll try not to laugh too hard at that notion tomorrow.  

Go to texags. Their political forum and tell me, with a straight face, that you don’t belong over there.

You won’t though.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

That’s a shame. They are your people. Thousands of them feel the same as you. You would probably love it there.

I doubt that there are people equipped to engage in a meaningful decision of medical evidence related to hormone therapy in youth, unless we are talking veterinary use. But on second thought, there are only a few people here that appear so equipped, so maybe it is a wash after all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

I doubt that there are people equipped to engage in a meaningful decision of medical evidence related to hormone therapy in youth, unless we are talking veterinary use. But on second thought, there are only a few people here that appear so equipped, so maybe it is a wash after all. 

You got it all figured out. Good job.

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

You got it all figured out. Good job.

I am sure that there are at least a few good veterinary scientists over there. Probably spent a good amount of their time sucking shit out of horse paste tubes during COVID. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

You type a lot of words, but you don't engage in anything meaningful. 

You think you're better than TexAgs, but you're not.  Go to them, now, they call you.  You can't refuse.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1