LBGTQ

Mo Horn

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s a legitimate fear of mine, believe me. But man… Trump is a shell of himself these days. 

Trump is actually spot on these days.  He's perfectly in the moment.  He was just always a shell of a human being.  The Lord has given you Sight to see.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, troph said:

some of y'all are just talking out your ass.

I'm going to ignore the whole Biblical thing, but I'm going to blame HS biology for some of it. In order to make it somewhat easier to understand for HS fresh/sophomores who are, in essence, often sophomoric, they *dumbed down they whole XY /XX thing because getting into the more complex topic of how the science works via genes, hormones, the brain, environment, etc would have consequences that even prior to the current atmosphere across the nation (politically) would have been a basket of worms. You could spend a semester on how it is all tied together, what scientists understand and what they don't, and on and on. Scientific American wrote an article about it a couple of years ago I think, and it was pretty good.

I realize I'm rather geeky about stuff, but I've never understand why more folks are less inquisitive about topics from that standpoint than they are about the more private things (like what people are doing in their own bedrooms). I suppose it comes down to fear and control and how one feels about introspection among other things.

All I really think about is that Troph and Nicole are tennis players and that's a good thing. It's a healthy sport and I like tennis. But don't play me, because I will cheat like a sonuvabitch to beat you all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

show me a Republican who is trying to make life better for ALL Americans and not just Republicans

There’s not a D that can do that either. It’s zero sum. Spending even a single dollar on a cause that is a D pet project, that could come back to me via less tax, does not make my life better.  There very, very few things that help ALL Americans.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 6

I'll say it for probably the 100th time.  I had become increasingly uneasy with Republicans' "social" conservatism.  Shit exactly like this that has little or nothing to do with governing the nation, the state, or even a podunk town. And it's orders of magnitude more personally malicious than it ever was.

I used to harbor some deluded notions that Rs were more fiscally responsible than Ds, but that's horseshit.  Tax cuts without spending cuts are fiscally irresponsible and no one seems to have the balls to cut spending.    The deficit numbers during R administrations speak for themselves.

I am conservative by nature and feel that incremental changes are best and that big government policy changes often have unintended consequences.  But the Republicans do nothing to help with any of that.  They're utterly devoid of policy.

And, DeSantis is probably smarter than Trump and doesn't suffer a debilitating and defining personality disorder.  But he's all-in on the cruelty is the point part and has less excuse for not seeing beyond the tip of his nose, or his stubby little legs.  That makes him possibly an even more contemptible piece of shit that Trump.  Tough call.

And then you have fucksticks like Boebert and MTG that make SJL look like Albert fucking Einstein and they have a national audience now.  And hardly anyone in the party speaks out against them, or against Trump, and when they do, they're ridden out on a rail, or they turn around and take the cock, talking out of both sides of their mouths in ways that are extreme even for politicians.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

There’s not a D that can do that either. It’s zero sum. Spending even a single dollar on a cause that is a D pet project, that could come back to me via less tax, does not make my life better.  There very, very few things that help ALL Americans.  

This is a very fair and accurate point as someone who has voted in waves for Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians.  No one candidate, and certainly not one party, has a solutions for ALL Americans.  The only one unequivocal truth though, the one common denominator is there is a bare minimum we can all do regardless of political ideologies.  And that's to NOT vote for a stupid, cowardly, hate-filled, narcissistic, failed, incompetent, inciting taint of a cunt of a human shitheap.  Otherwise, I'm totally open to new GOP options.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'll say it for probably the 100th time.  I had become increasingly uneasy with Republicans' "social" conservatism.  Shit exactly like this that has little or nothing to do with governing the nation, the state, or even a podunk town. And it's orders of magnitude more personally malicious than it ever was.

I used to harbor some deluded notions that Rs were more fiscally responsible than Ds, but that's horseshit.  Tax cuts without spending cuts are fiscally irresponsible and no one seems to have the balls to cut spending.  

I am conservative by nature and feel that incremental changes are best and that big government policy changes often have unintended consequences.  But the Republicans do nothing to help with any of that.  They're utterly devoid of policy.

And, DeSantis is probably smarter than Trump and doesn't suffer a debilitating and defining personality disorder.  But he's all-in on the cruelty is the point part and has less excuse for not seeing beyond the tip of his nose, or his stubby little legs.  That makes him possibly an even more contemptible piece of shit that Trump.  Tough call.

Quoted for motherfucking truth.

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

This is a very fair and accurate point as someone who has voted in waves for Republicans, Democrats, and Libertarians.  No one candidate, and certainly not one party, has a solutions for ALL Americans.  The only one unequivocal truth though, the one common denominator is there is a bare minimum we can all do regardless of political ideologies.  And that's to NOT vote for a stupid, cowardly, hate-filled, narcissistic, failed, incompetent, inciting taint of a cunt of a human shitheap.  Otherwise, I'm totally open to new GOP options.  

The GOP is not doing anything to help Americans, except make certain pretty shitty ones feel better about themselves in a most superficial and pathological way, and making very rich ones richer, and keeping those involved in elected and appointed office in power.

Some "librul" policy proposals are still laughably naive, optimistic, and impractical, not to mention ungodly expensive.  But they come from a place mostly of trying to help people live better lives in this country of ours and I'll take that 100/100 over the nihilistic death cult that is the GOP.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

D projects mostly hurt my family. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Quit your whining, you know how bad Surly's 'D' projects have hurt South Austin's Mom?  Poor woman, there's no medicare for what she has! 

We can agree on that. How did all do that stuff start with his mom anyway? I don’t know the backstory. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Poe It Up said:

We can agree on that. How did all do that stuff start with his mom anyway? I don’t know the backstory. 

Usually with fisting.  She prefers things in an order that would surprise you.  not unlike Melania Trump.  

Just now, Brisketexan said:

They treat other people like human beings.
Do you have any idea how terribly that violates his Freedom of Religion?

And the "funniest" thing is that all the shit Rs are complaining about aren't official D positions and most aren't the subject of any D legislation, unless it's in opposition to some hateful shit from right side of the aisle.

Diversity, CRT, gay rights, trans rights, is just oppressed people standing up for themselves, and some other people trying to help them until the GOP decides it somehow hurts the oppressive white male majority to recognize these people as people and treat them the same as white males.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Sorry, I was in Surly jail. Thought we were discussing trans folks and not gays. They seem to get conflated at times and I’m not entirely sure why. They seem very, very different. 

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Naw, they’ve very different. 

You’ve really become radicalized. 

2 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

I’m sorry to hear that. Sucks to lose a reliable R voter, but hopefully we’ll get you back. 

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

No, I understand not voting for trump. I truly do. I’ll vote Republican no matter what, but I’m hoping Desantis wins the nom. 

Why am I trolling? Because I vote Republican? I don’t get it. 

That’s a legitimate fear of mine, believe me. But man… Trump is a shell of himself these days. 

You are an irredeemable piece of shit.  Post less.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

D projects mostly hurt my family. 

Oh look. Two stupid people.  

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Gross.

How do D projects hurt your family?

Money, honey. Although one of the benefits of living in a very red state is not having to deal with all the bullshit they have to nationally. Thankfully I don’t see Texas changing anytime soon. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Because not seeing starving US citizens, either elderly or children, dying in the street would not make psycho’s life any better.

45 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are an irredeemable piece of shit.  Post less.

Oh look. Two stupid people.  

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Oh look. The only person on the site without a single discernable quality to be found.  I truly pity you.  Just, sadness when I'm reminded you are here.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

28 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Because not seeing starving US citizens, either elderly or children, dying in the street would not make psycho’s life any better.

In America?  One of the most obese counties in the world?  Where our "poor" are posterchildren for diabetes and heart disease and 3000 calories of McD's costs .99?  huh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, fattyflattie said:

In America?  One of the most obese counties in the world?  Where our "poor" are posterchildren for diabetes and heart disease and 3000 calories of McD's costs .99?  huh.

Yep. Our poor receive money to eat. Another waste of your tax dollars; that’s what I infer from your rhetoric. 

(Though I did agree with channeling the use of those funds to healthier foodstuffs,) the premise that taxing you to feed the poor diminishes you and yours was quite clear.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Yep. Our poor receive money to eat. Another waste of your tax dollars; that’s what I infer from your rhetoric. 

(Though I did agree with channeling the use of those funds to healthier foodstuffs,) the premise that taxing you to feed the poor diminishes you and yours was quite clear.

You can infer how you'd like.  I'm pretty, pretty sure that welfare benefits have not disappeared, even when the pubs held it all.  I would tend to believe that there is a bipartisan amount that our elected officials have found proper that adequately suits our poor.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You can infer how you'd like.  I'm pretty, pretty sure that welfare benefits have not disappeared, even when the pubs held it all.  I would tend to believe that there is a bipartisan amount that our elected officials have found proper that adequately suits our poor.  

Ostrich.

https://time.com/6254832/republicans-sunset-social-security-medicare/

part of the reason that poors are obese is that poverty induced stress changes body chemistry to pack on the pounds. 

I would tend to believe that there is a bipartisan amount that our elected officials have found proper that adequately suits our poor.  

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Money, honey. Although one of the benefits of living in a very red state is not having to deal with all the bullshit they have to nationally. Thankfully I don’t see Texas changing anytime soon. 

So, you get a tax raise every 10 years, maybe.  Then some dipshit like Trump does something like cut taxes and explode the deficit.

Tax raises are annoying, but unless you're some kind of poor, they don't actually hurt your family.  Certainly not in the way shit like this government interference with family decisions hurts those families.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh look. The only person on the site without a single discernable quality to be found.  I truly pity you.  Just, sadness when I'm reminded you are here.  

Oh hun, if you are going to attempt to insult me, at least make sure your sentence makes sense. You need another adjective in there.  I know using discernible was a stretch for you.  

It must really gall you that a happy, successful, single woman calls you out on your bullshit.  You say you are not a misogynist, but you continue to support a political ideology which wants to make women little better than property just so you can, checks notes, pay less in taxes to buy a fucking boat.  You are a a loathsome cockroach.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Oh hun, if you are going to attempt to insult me, at least make sure your sentence makes sense. You need another adjective in there.  I know using discernible was a stretch for you.  

It must really gall you that a happy, successful, single woman calls you out on your bullshit.  You say you are not a misogynist, but you continue to support a political ideology which wants to make women little better than property just so you can, checks notes, pay less in taxes to buy a fucking boat.  You are a a loathsome cockroach.

I thought of you when I saw this in my inbox this morning:

https://www.politicon.com/tour-category/mary-trump-show/

I think you'd enjoy attending on the 5/16 show at Gramercy.  A hollow gesture, but I'd send you two tickets but for that week is my oldest's birthday party and she has expensive tastes.  But she's worth it.  And I gotta start saving up to launch her presidential campaign in 27 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I went to high school with a kid who eventually got drafted as a defensive lineman in the first round of the NFL draft.  Our high school played him at RB.  It was absurd.  He was bigger and stronger and faster than every other person on the field.

I'm sure there are kids at my high school who lost out on potential athletic scholarships because they had the misfortune of being stuck behind a genetic freak on the depth chart.  I'm sure there are kids at other schools in the district who didn't get to shine in a playoff game because they lost a game that they probably would have won with a "normal" RB.  I'm sure there are coaches who eventually lost jobs, injuries that occurred, and so on... all as a result of this one player.

Is that fair?  How do you even define fair when it comes to sports?  Do you care about the lost trophies and scholarships in this scenario or only when there's a boogeyman to point fingers at?  

Now take the biggest, strongest girl in your high school and ask her to block him. You’d be scraping her up for weeks. Hell, you or I could walk up and down our respective cities looking for a woman that could throw a baseball faster than us and we wouldn’t find a one. We’re very, very different. 

22 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:
Edited by Poe It Up
Double
  • Fuck You 5

36 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I honestly don't know what the correct answer wrt sports. Obviously, I acknowledge the biological differences. But, I definitely lean towards it being such a miniscule number, and anything we can do to help these individuals going through hell to feel a better sense of belonging, we should.

Poe's worldview where hundreds of cis gender boys men are going to choose to identify as girls--and thus deal with the humiliation, ridicule, and hatred from pieces of shit like him--just to complete in women's sports will never exist, no matter how often his information silo tells him it already does.

No, I know this stuff is very rare. Still, I’m going to protect my daughter from this like any father would. 

• Fuck You 11

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Surely you're just as outspoken against churches and youth pastors, who are far more likely to cause actual damage to your children than the gays and the queers?

Hyper vigilance is a necessary component of parenting, regardless of their affiliation. 

• Fuck You 4