LBGTQ

Mo Horn

39 minutes ago, Captainant said:

... Poe giving an excellent demonstration of trump .... 

FIFY

Women...they love me and so do the gays. I mean you gotta protect your family from the gays, but I love them and I love women too. Look at my beautiful wife, Melania, I mean who wouldn't love her? Men would love to be with my wife. But golf? Melania can't play golf well, most women and gays are not good at sports. They love that I am such a good golfer. None of them can play golf like I can. I'm a great golfer and I hit the ball real far. You have to be strong and fit like I am to be a golfer...I had this one gay friend, I don't know if he was actually gay or a he or a she but he came up to me with tears in his eyes. "Sir, sir," he said, "How do you hit the ball from the men's tee so far?" I mean, I wouldn't share lunch and have a burger at Doral with this guy, but he knew I am a great golfer. They love me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Hey, I wasn't responding to fatty last night. I was playing bar trivia and watching the WBC, stuff a normal person does when drinking. I guess when you've got no friends though, you've got to resort to internet fights.

Playing bar trivia? Is that what you call drag shows, groomer?

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

The gays have gotten to my daughter.

She came home from school on Monday asking to listen to Tegan and Sara. Yesterday she started working on her admission essay to Smith College. And this is how she dressed for school today.

Should I sign her up for softball?

EC5A3B68-45E5-463E-8E37-868E0B32A684.jpeg

i mean, only sign her up for softball if you are armed and ready to defend her against the legion of men pretending to be women playing softball that want to crush her. it's a fucking hard world out there. 

at this point, though, i would be more concerned about the tegan and sara.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Hey, I wasn't responding to fatty last night. I was playing bar trivia and watching the WBC, stuff a normal person does when drinking. I guess when you've got no friends though, you've got to resort to internet fights.

Meh, I think it is a little personal for some of us since these trolls continue to vote for a party that is damned and determined to ensure women are no better than property and "eradicate" the LGBTQ+ community.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted this in the DeeSantis thread but thought it should go here too.

Ex-Florida lawmaker behind the 'Don't Say Gay' law pleads guilty to COVID relief fraud

A former Florida lawmaker who sponsored a bill dubbed the "Don't Say Gay" law by critics has pleaded guilty to fraudulently obtaining COVID-19 relief funds.

Joseph Harding entered a guilty plea on Tuesday in federal court in the Northern District of Florida to one count of wire fraud, one count of money laundering and one count of making false statements, according to court records.

Harding faces up to 35 years in prison, including a maximum of 20 years on the wire fraud charge. A sentencing hearing is scheduled for July 25 at the federal courthouse in Gainesville.

The former Republican lawmaker shot to notoriety last year as one of the sponsors of a controversial Florida law that outlawed the discussion of sexuality and gender in public school classrooms from kindergarten through grade 3.

What's in the so-called Don't Say Gay bill that could impact the whole country

The legislation became a blueprint for similar laws in more than a dozen other conservative states.

Rest of the story: https://www.npr.org/2023/03/22/1165292718/florida-lawmaker-dont-say-gay-covid-fraud 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/21/2023 at 11:20 AM, aggie08 said:

Of course not all Republicans are Nazis. But ALL Nazis, white supremacists, and bigots sure seem to love the modern day GOP. And why do you suppose that is?

fiscal conservatism? Nazis hate paying taxes on their helmets.

10 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Given that red state Texas pays more in state taxes than blue state California (paired due to size and economic prosperity,) and given that federal debt explodes under R administrations compared with D administrations, you must mean ignorance of fiscal conservatism.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2023 at 4:26 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Poe being in his mid 30s makes a bit of sense. Hell, when I was that age I thought I knew it all and had it all figured out. Now approaching my late 40s and I know now that I have a long way to go yet.

This is accurate no matter what issue you are contemplating. Work gets easier and everything else gets more confusing.

11 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Given that red state Texas pays more in state taxes than blue state California (paired due to size and economic prosperity,) and given that federal debt explodes under R administrations compared with D administrations, you must mean ignorance of fiscal conservatism.

It's a joke. The Republican party threw fiscal conservatism out the window during the W years, if not before. I really have no idea what their platform is now except for cultural warfare and conspiracy kookdom. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Cute. But, prior to Trump, that demographic rarely voted. Disillusioned by having to share the country with minorites and queers and what not. But the modern GOP has been a fucking dog whistle for them. They pander to them, speak the same coded language as them, and push policies that sound straight out of one of their manifestos. And not a single Republican on a national stage dares condemn them or the GOP for fear of getting Cheney'd. That isn't the least bit worrisome?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Cute. But, prior to Trump, that demographic rarely voted. Disillusioned by having to share the country with minorites and queers and what not. But the modern GOP has been a fucking dog whistle for them. They pander to them, speak the same coded language as them, and push policies that sound straight out of one of their manifestos. And not a single Republican on a national stage dares condemn them or the GOP for fear of getting Cheney'd. That isn't the least bit worrisome?

Of course it is. But everything is worrisome right now. People dropping out of the work force. School quality declining. Both parties engaged in policies which appear to me to be nothing more than punishing the other side. Wild pendulaic swings in important legislation and judicial decisions. People moving from one state to the other to reinforce their political viewpoints. Refusal to distinguish between legitimate disagreement and hate. Using the magnifying power of the internet to push cultural change faster than society can actually handle (in good directions and bad). So yeah I'm worried. I can't imagine anybody watching the Capitol riot and thinking this is a good thing, or not being concerned that many people were angry enough to do it. 

Things are fucking crazy right now

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Of course it is. But everything is worrisome right now. People dropping out of the work force. School quality declining. Both parties engaged in policies which appear to me to be nothing more than punishing the other side. Wild pendulaic swings in important legislation and judicial decisions. People moving from one state to the other to reinforce their political viewpoints. Refusal to distinguish between legitimate disagreement and hate. Using the magnifying power of the internet to push cultural change faster than society can actually handle (in good directions and bad). So yeah I'm worried. I can't imagine anybody watching the Capitol riot and thinking this is a good thing, or not being concerned that many people were angry enough to do it. 

Things are fucking crazy right now

While I agree with some of this...doesn't it sure sound like the perfect time to jump aboard the way lesser of two evils until the party supporting literal fascism and theocracy is thoroughly defeated? After that, we can focus on the other stuff.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

It's a joke. The Republican party threw fiscal conservatism out the window during the W years, if not before. I really have no idea what their platform is now except for cultural warfare and conspiracy kookdom

Buddy, that's fascism. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, troph said:

This is the LGBTQ thread - you said you were going to help - in the other political threads maybe the parties are the same and full of senile idiots - but for us the differences could not be more stark. Biden and democrats at every level of government see my humanity and my inalienable right to participate, Republicans do not and are actively engaging in legislative genocide.

you’ve taken over this thread the last day so how about this:

Stop being obstuse you miserable fuck. Support us* or feign concern somewhere else and get the fuck out. 

* the only way to support the LGBTQ people right now is to write your state and federal representatives and tell them you are a Republican but enough is enough, stop the legislation / vote for democrats. If you aren’t doing one or both of those you are not supporting us.

fair enough

enjoy your echo chamber and good luck

• Fuck You 11

√So this is happening:

That is in response to this:

I got my MA from WTAMU, and I received the email from the president. I emailed him back calling him a disgrace and his conservative indoctrination has no place in higher ed. No response, of course.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

It's kind of "funny," because the WTAMU president is going hard with the TERF rhetoric "drag is actually misogyny" rather than the typical grooming trash that's thrown at drag/queer right now. My ex is an WTAMU alum as well and responded similarly to the president's email.

Fab response from the students.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, safe sex said:

It's kind of "funny," because the WTAMU president is going hard with the TERF rhetoric "drag is actually misogyny" rather than the typical grooming trash that's thrown at drag/queer right now. My ex is an WTAMU alum as well and responded similarly to the president's email.

Him equating it to blackface was WILD to me. 

This was me after reading that 

Come On What GIF by grown-ish

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

fair enough

"I'm going to do what I can as a lawyer to support you." 

wtf was that man?  I have news for you, no matter how much you try to contort your own body, you aren't going to be able to put your own dick in your mouth.  so yeah, GTFO.  I'm not letting current republican voters who feign support and empathy to call themselves allies.  YOU are the problem.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, safe sex said:

to be fair drag as an art form is a blank slate. it can be misogyny. it can be racist. it can be too risque, it can also be whimsical and just dress up, funny, serious, competitive, artistic, culturally relevant, critical of dumbshits like Trump and DeSantis, trans-supportive, expressive of criticisms of gender binaries, or just gayAF. there is always a risk to drag, but that's with any kind of free speech. drag story hour needs to be whimsical, funny, artistic and expressive.  as far as I've seen, that's exactly what it is.  End up at a drag show at 11pm on a saturday night at a bar, it's probably gayAF, funny and risque.  again, blank slate.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Him equating it to blackface was WILD to me. 

This was me after reading that 

Come On What GIF by grown-ish

it's fucking gross. I don't know a drag queen that is actively fighting against women's rights to live, earn a living, and be free from systemic discrimination. black face originated from exactly that, keeping people from having a right to live, earn a living, and to keep them under the weight of systemic discrimination.  the only similarity is that both are performative and have people changing their appearance for an audience. after that, no similarity at all imo.

Republicans have zero ability to handle nuance.  their analogies and the conclusions they draw are those of a poorly parented 6 year old.  god help us.

33 minutes ago, troph said:

to be fair drag as an art form is a blank slate. it can be misogyny. it can be racist. it can be too risque, it can also be whimsical and just dress up, funny, serious, competitive, artistic, culturally relevant, critical of dumbshits like Trump and DeSantis, trans-supportive, expressive of criticisms of gender binaries, or just gayAF. there is always a risk to drag, but that's with any kind of free speech. drag story hour needs to be whimsical, funny, artistic and expressive.  as far as I've seen, that's exactly what it is.  End up at a drag show at 11pm on a saturday night at a bar, it's probably gayAF, funny and risque.  again, blank slate.

Sure, but like you said, that is nuance that conservatives either aren't capable of or willing to grapple with. 

8 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

fair enough

Fuck, dude. Don't be so god-damned cliche.

Start out pretending to be completely above partisan politics, acknowledge that the modern GOP is full of racists and fascists...BUT democrats are just as bad, if not worse! Fucking basic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

image.png.c49b95c802079b76ac7da942beed8bf0.png

I'm reminded of one Mark McClellan's disastrous press conferences when the Bush Administration tried to float an Amendment to distract from their disastrous war policy. From the NYT:

President Bush said today he supported a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, declaring that such a measure was the only way to protect the status of marriage between man and woman, which he called "the most fundamental institution of civilization."

At the press conference, reporters kept asking exactly how a gay couple being married was a threat to marriage. Poor McClellan. As I recall it was just a repeat fest of how important the institution of marriage is. "Mark, I'm married. Can you tell me how I should feel threatened by same sex marriage?"

It was hilarious to watch although the usual context is generating hate. 

I generally don't enjoy drag shows. I don't care about RuPaul. I've never seen anyone harmed by one. We will see people harmed by the hate engine focusing on drag shows as a threat to all that is dear all the while ignoring or denying the huge threats that gather 'round and actually do threaten coming generations.

I can't even manage outrage anymore. It's just a cold, objective judgment about people working against the common good. If I could push a button and have them all dissolve, I would do it with less emotion than poisoning a rat.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.c49b95c802079b76ac7da942beed8bf0.png

I'm reminded of one Mark McClellan's disastrous press conferences when the Bush Administration tried to float an Amendment to distract from their disastrous war policy. From the NYT:

At the press conference, reporters kept asking exactly how a gay couple being married was a threat to marriage. Poor McClellan. As I recall it was just a repeat fest of how important the institution of marriage is. "Mark, I'm married. Can you tell me how I should feel threatened by same sex marriage?"

It was hilarious to watch although the usual context is generating hate. 

I generally don't enjoy drag shows. I don't care about RuPaul. I've never seen anyone harmed by one. We will see people harmed by the hate engine focusing on drag shows as a threat to all that is dear all the while ignoring or denying the huge threats that gather 'round and actually do threaten coming generations.

I can't even manage outrage anymore. It's just a cold, objective judgment about people working against the common good. If I could push a button and have them all dissolve, I would do it with less emotion than poisoning a rat.

Funny the institution of marriage has given my boys more stability to finish out their remaining years of child hood and has allowed me the opportunity to show them what a long lasting committed relationship can look like. Sorry I’m weakening the institution for these (ostensibly) straight kids. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2