LBGTQ

Mo Horn

Multiply this times 10’s of thousands of Texas’ best and brightest, to borrow an old, merit obsessed term, who will vacate this place as soon as they can.  In the 70’s  my time in Austin made me a much more open person, esp to those who were not long haired head banging engineering students (maybe 2 or 3 of us).  Cosmic cowboys and shit.  Now, who would even want to go to school here, if morality were their strongest personal guide?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

41 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

Multiply this times 10’s of thousands of Texas’ best and brightest, to borrow an old, merit obsessed term, who will vacate this place as soon as they can.  In the 70’s  my time in Austin made me a much more open person, esp to those who were not long haired head banging engineering students (maybe 2 or 3 of us).  Cosmic cowboys and shit.  Now, who would even want to go to school here, if morality were their strongest personal guide?

It's much easier to fool the masses when you keep them uneducated.  Many are already brainwashed and will go to aggy, or the like, for they're continued indoctrination. They're scared to death of too many people becoming educated as that ruins all their plans. It's no mystery why the states with the lowest education levels are also the reddest ones. The tactic has been used throughout history. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It's much easier to fool the masses when you keep them uneducated.  Many are already brainwashed and will go to aggy, or the like, for they're continued indoctrination. They're scared to death of too many people becoming educated as that ruins all their plans. It's no mystery why the states with the lowest education levels are also the reddest ones. The tactic has been used throughout history. 

Yes. And it’s going to turn Texas into an undeniable shithole. Companies will head elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 5/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, wildcat09 said:

These people really are too stupid to understand that businesses have DEI initiatives to protect themselves from liability for discrimination claims. 

Or that Jesus was brown and didn't speak English.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:36 AM, HenryJames said:

Why is it always semen with these guys?

image.png.b6effaa646836963399db0fbc8fee89f.png

Frosted lemonade is just frozen lemonade with ice cream mixed in. I'm surprised somebody like him would openly admit to drinking such things.

Fuck you, Tennessee GOP.

https://www.npr.org/2023/06/03/1179990709/tennessee-drag-show-law-ruling

A federal judge rejects Tennessee's anti-drag law as too broad and vague

Updated June 3, 202312:13 PM ET

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee's first-in-the-nation law designed to place strict limits on drag shows is unconstitutional, a federal judge says.

The law is both "unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad" and encouraged "discriminatory enforcement," according to the ruling late Friday by U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker, who was appointed by former President Donald Trump.

"There is no question that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment. But there is a difference between material that is 'obscene' in the vernacular, and material that is 'obscene' under the law," Parker said.

"Simply put, no majority of the Supreme Court has held that sexually explicit — but not obscene — speech receives less protection than political, artistic, or scientific speech," he said.

The law would have banned adult cabaret performances from public property or anywhere minors might be present. Performers who broke the law risked being charged with a misdemeanor or a felony for a repeat offense.

Parker used the example of a female performer wearing an Elvis Presley costume and mimicking the iconic musician who could be at risk of punishment under the drag law because they would be considered a "male impersonator."

Friends of George's, a Memphis-based LGBTQ+ theater company, filed a complaint in March, saying the law would negatively impact them because they produce "drag-centric performances, comedy sketches, and plays" with no age restrictions.

"This win represents a triumph over hate," the theater company said in a statement Saturday, adding that the ruling affirmed their First Amendment rights as artists.

"Similar to the countless battles the LGBTQ+ community has faced over the last several decades, our collective success relies upon everyone speaking out and taking a stand against bigotry," the group said.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Hello, fellow white man. From the NASCAR twitter thread:

image.png.f60dcb82e656d2b701d016dd108b85b2.pngimage.png.dc0ba53eefea6cf83ee0fa92eca29e84.png

So deprived. Where's mine? 

Not going to lie, Biologically Normal Reproductive Hetero Behavior Month is pretty catchy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/31/2023 at 12:10 PM, HenryJames said:

I am so very proud of that young woman’s resilience. She is what the mythologized about Texan looks like in real life. The majority of actual Texans do not have an ounce of her bravery, determination or guts to achieve what she has. Great story and I hope she kills it at Harvard.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I just read that Abbott signed Torture Transexuals into law.

I first heard the bill described a few weeks ago while driving in the car. No puberty blockers. Those on puberty blockers to be weaned off. I didn't use the word torture lightly. It made me just about literally sick to think about some young person at least staving off an unwanted and unnatural (it is indeed not in the most profound nature of the person in question) physical process now being forced to get back on the train to unhappiness.

It is not hard to imagine the trauma this would cause someone. The supporters of this tyranny can imagine it, yet they impose this anyway. 

Texas doesn't want anyone not heterosexual or absolutely comfortable in the born sex. Texas does not want Black people to vote. Texas does not act when children are slaughtered in the classroom. Texas denies history and science.

Texas has chosen to vilify a small, harmless group of citizens to generate hate and disgust for those citizens and tolerance itself.

It's a world where it's brave to tell LBGTQ citizens that they no longer need to fear repercussions for revealing their natures. Pride movements generally are meant to raise people up in response to decades and centuries of being assumed (assumed!) not equal to the white heteros that run things. That own everything. That tell themselves absurd lies about the brutality of their history and about the shit end of the stick they're getting when the spotlight moves from their self-congratulation.

You don't have to love or even like a fellow citizen. The bar is simply tolerance. How can it be that tolerance is now characterized as malign? Isn't that what woke-ism generally is? 

I'm glad of the individuals and companies who risk income and even personal safety to stand with the Pride movement. I don't know that we'll hear Ya Basta! from a majority in Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Hello, fellow white man. From the NASCAR twitter thread:

image.png.f60dcb82e656d2b701d016dd108b85b2.pngimage.png.dc0ba53eefea6cf83ee0fa92eca29e84.png

So deprived. Where's mine? 

It's exactly like when a child says " There is Mother's Day, there's Father's Day why can't there be Kid's Day?" 

"Because everyday is Kid's Day you little monster."

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wait, banning trans people and then immediately welcoming them back in the next paragraph by including them again when they welcome the LGBTQ community.  This doesn't make any sense.

Give 'em a break. They can't even spell 'therefore'.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Wait there’s cake for me at H‑E‑B? 

Yes.  Please enjoy. 

Also, wait 'til Tex aggy hears about the car in Smokey and the Bandit.

Edited by dcbc