LBGTQ

Mo Horn

The only appropriate response is to dispute the gender of every child playing sports. Every. Single. One. Make the Kansas GQP subject every athlete in the state to sexual assault. They want this policy? Live it.

And 100% dispute the gender of every child of every GQP official. Dispute it every year. Every fucking game if you can.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The only appropriate response is to dispute the gender of every child playing sports. Every. Single. One. Make the Kansas GQP subject every athlete in the state to sexual assault. They want this policy? Live it.

And 100% dispute the gender of every child of every GQP official. Dispute it every year. Every fucking game if you can.

While I understand the gist of where you're going with this, I'm not sure I can get on board with harassment of innocent children because their parents are terrible people. Abuse of a subset of children doesn't justify the abuse of another subset of children no matter how viscerally satisfying that might feel.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

pedo’s dream 

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

Compromise:

Just the lawmakers' kids.

I could be talked into this amendment.  But really, I prefer the complete hellscape.  They want to institutionalize molestation of children.  Let them see what they have wrought.

Look at the roster of every team, in every sport.  Dispute the gender of every single one of them.  When they are not all checked in time (because how can they check thousands of kids, they won't even have a fucking system to do so), move to enjoin any athletic competition from going forward.  Oh, and when they come to inspect your kid, sue and seek injunction as well.  Clog up the courts.  All of them.  In the entire state.  Make it a fucking nightmare.  That's what they want to do to us -- make this world a nightmare.  So, let's shove their own medicine down their own evil throats.

1 hour ago, royiv said:

While I understand the gist of where you're going with this, I'm not sure I can get on board with harassment of innocent children because their parents are terrible people. Abuse of a subset of children doesn't justify the abuse of another subset of children no matter how viscerally satisfying that might feel.

I’m not abusing anyone. I’m just following the rules. Trying to keep kids safe. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jesus Christ I stepped away for like 1-2 days and it’s the catholic church and Republican Kansas lawmakers running neck and neck for who can abuse the most kids… folks, they think safe sex and I are pedos yet this is what they do. Holy fuck man. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

i mean aren't they always?

but seriously... they will have to check every child won't they? how can they not? these are children, many if not most barely reaching sexual maturity...things like prominent muscle structure, facial hair, breasts, etc. are not going to be obvious regardless of gender. 

y'all are joking about it but i don't see any way they can avoid having to check every single child from age 5 (or whenever sports starts) on up. 

what about private sports, non school related...club ball, YMCA and such? couldn't they tell the govt to get bent?

these people are so fucking stupid... i'd bet they have not given a minutes thought to any of this. fucking assholes.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Guaran-fucking-tee you this dude is pedo AF. 

I used to think a denial mechanism was in place with conservatives to ignore christian (priests and pastors) pedos and the fear of difference leading them to attack us gays and queers as groomers. my wife thinks they are fully complicit. she thinks the pedos are the ones attacking the gays and queers to divert attention from their crimes.

• Hook 'Em 3

Does anyone remember the first time you had your balls checked in 7th grade for school sports? "Turn your head and cough."

We would line up in the gym and wait for our turn to get the hernia check. There were always a couple kids that would panic and run off. I remember one guy said he felt so violated he sat in his room in the dark afterwards.

Anyways, yeah getting your genitals inspected at that age is pretty intimidating.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah for a lot of kids, getting that physical is the first time they are showing their dick to someone on purpose.  It's not a pleasant experience.

The asshole side of me agrees with Brisket, that we should absolutely be pushing to reconfirm the gender of every kid for every game just to make this as difficult as possible for these assholes to get away with this.  But the part of me that remembers having to show my dick to my doctor in 7th grade is like "Yeah, that's a terrible idea." 

Luckily in our school we only had to line up in the gym for lice checks and scoliosis checks.  We went to the doctor to get the hernia check, so we had that going for us, which was nice.

not a kid, not the same but I quit competitive tennis for at least one season, largely because there are too many women in women's tennis (btw I stole that line from a woman friend of mine). the cheating is rampant and if you call them on it they gaslight the fuck out of you saying why are you so competitive?  shit if it's not competitive then why the fuck do you cheat?  anyway, one thing I've noticed as the new season goes by... my stress level of being confronted has gone away, I didn't realize it was even there.  I fucking hate this world.  I'm about ready to chase the sun and tell every last motherfucker to fuck off except the fringes of the human race that prefer living on boats instead of land. yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late. I'm an over forty victim of fate arriving too late. fml.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Does anyone remember the first time you had your balls checked in 7th grade for school sports? "Turn your head and cough."

We would line up in the gym and wait for our turn to get the hernia check. There were always a couple kids that would panic and run off. I remember one guy said he felt so violated he sat in his room in the dark afterwards.

Anyways, yeah getting your genitals inspected at that age is pretty intimidating.

They did physicals in the gym at your school?

Nancy_Parsons.jpeg

Edited by slorch

21 minutes ago, troph said:

not a kid, not the same but I quit competitive tennis for at least one season, largely because there are too many women in women's tennis (btw I stole that line from a woman friend of mine). the cheating is rampant and if you call them on it they gaslight the fuck out of you saying why are you so competitive?  shit if it's not competitive then why the fuck do you cheat?  anyway, one thing I've noticed as the new season goes by... my stress level of being confronted has gone away, I didn't realize it was even there.  I fucking hate this world.  I'm about ready to chase the sun and tell every last motherfucker to fuck off except the fringes of the human race that prefer living on boats instead of land. yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late. I'm an over forty victim of fate arriving too late. fml.

While I totally agree with you; your new Jimmy Buffet lyrics are a real bummer.  

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, F250 said:

I was hoping I wasn’t the only one remembering that.  I assume that has since gone away?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

About that...

The new chief of staff is tanking this shit. It's becoming clearer and clearer that the GOP is the party out of the mainstream on trans issues and all of their freakouts on this shit are hurting them, and all of a sudden the administration wants to reverse course on the policy it's held since day 1 to compromise with them? Fuck this shit.

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I was hoping I wasn’t the only one remembering that.  I assume that has since gone away?  

No. My kids usually went to the pediatrician for theirs when they were young but by H.S. they attended the mass physicals held at school.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

About that...

The new chief of staff is tanking this shit. It's becoming clearer and clearer that the GOP is the party out of the mainstream on trans issues and all of their freakouts on this shit are hurting them, and all of a sudden the administration wants to reverse course on the policy it's held since day 1 to compromise with them? Fuck this shit.

I am not sure what I think about this.  the nuance might be ok, but fuck it worries me because he leaves the responsibility to knuckleheads.  great, the 8 year old trans girl can play soccer with the girls.  great.  the fully transitioned / only one puberty kid who gets a scholarship offer to college to play basketball might be found out and be denied and then everything in the middle.

Edited by troph

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Do miss it? Lucky for you, it can now be state law! We've established that it would take your kid to get shot to care about gun laws (you asked for receipts, receipts were provided, you slinked off into the night). How about having their genital checked at school? Does that move the needle for you, you tepid pile of dung?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, royiv said:

Do miss it? Lucky for you, it can now be state law! We've established that it would take your kid to get shot to care about gun laws (you asked for receipts, receipts were provided, you slinked off into the night). How about having their genital checked at school? Does that move the needle for you, you tepid pile of dung?

Haha. Such an insufferable little bitch. Can’t find anyone else to follow around?  I believe I was asked if I *would* have different view of things affected me personally, which I replied, of course, because that is literally how the human brain works. Not that it would take x, y, or z to make that change.  I assume you can read, so that just makes you a liar.  This is my surprised face. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Such an insufferable little bitch.

Rich. You don't give a shit about children unless it impacts you or your kids. You didn't answer the question about whether or not you're cool with having your kid's genitals inspected.

I'm sorry you think I'm insufferable. I'm actually a pretty decent human except for my flaw of disagreeing with hypocrisy and people who are okay with violence and encroaching on the civil liberties of women and marginalized folks. Come on down to Montrose some weekend and we can grab a drink.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

About that...

"that's a hell of a political party, what do you call it?"

"the democrats!"

43 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Damnit. Now I want some Nikos Nikos. 

C'mon down. Nikos Nikos is great, but you can go there in the burbs these days. Lots of other amazing places down here and we can even grab a drag show on the weekend if you want to.

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

C'mon down. Nikos Nikos is great, but you can go there in the burbs these days. Lots of other amazing places down here and we can even grab a drag show on the weekend if you want to.

The burbs one sucks, comparatively.  When I'm down there, it's a must before a stroll by my folks old house.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The burbs one sucks, comparatively.  When I'm down there, it's a must before a stroll by my folks old house.   

Good to know, I just assumed you burbs guys got our good stuff. Even more of a reason to live in the city.

How many ARs do you bring down here when you brave the mean streets? 😀

• Haha 1

In Kansas, as a Gen Xer to play sports in high school required a physical, including the good old "turn your head and cough" mass physical that F250 experienced. Middle school did not, at least when I was in it.  I assume it is the same now. In my town, lucky students got their parents to take them to their family doctor and the rest of us, who were poor or had cheap parents, went to the locker room for the free sports physical and lined up completely naked to go through processing. Basically a bunch of doctors and coaches. Coaches did shit like weighing and height that anyone could do and the doctors were spread around the room.  One checked for hernias, one blood pressure, heart beat, etc. The worst is for some reason they inspected our fucking assholes. No finger, but the whole bend over and spread your cheeks prison style. That was the most degrading, since you had a bunch of other dudes standing in line behind you. No idea what girls had to go through for their free physical day. After that fun experience as a freshman, I figured out that if I waited to decide to play sports until after the mass free physical day, that happened a week or two before HS football practice started, my parents would pay for the family doctor to do the physical. So my freshman year was the only time I had to do the free group physical.   In the immortal words of that simpleton GWB, "That was some weird shit."

What is most fucked up about this new KS law (besides the genital thing), if I remember correctly, is that when I was in school cis males could play in female sports, if there was not a men's team in the same sport. Like males could not play on a female basketball team since there was a male team; however, for sports like volleyball and gymnastics you could compete on those teams since in Kansas, at that time, there were no male teams in those sports. The reason I remember is that I was a fantastic volleyball player so I was told I could play on the female team since there was no male volleyball team, if I wanted, by some coach.  I declined, but the option was there.  Cis females could do the same for male sports with no female version like wrestling or football. Funny that cis men could have played on some female teams in the past (not sure of the current rules as I left that state a couple decades ago), but now with Republicans on a trans witch hunt the last few years, it is suddenly important to keep trans females off female teams. 

The good news is that the KS Supreme Court is much more liberal than the legislature (5 D and 2 R and 1 of those R is a moderate who voted pro-abortion in the past ), so hopefully they block it or at least get rid of the most heinous parts of it. Forced genital inspections is fucking dumb, since you can just require the original birth certificate or another non intrusive proof of sex at birth, if this law is allowed to stand. I can't see forced inspections being allowed to stand by the KS Supreme Court. Now the US Supreme Court on appeal is an entirely different animal.

I hope they find some kind of fair solution to this as competing in sports is a mostly positive experience at a time in teens lives where they are going through some shit, especially teens who are LBGTQ.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/6/2023 at 5:52 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

He looks first in line to be the first official Kansas State Pecker Checker. In reality we all know what it is about. They won't be checking anyone unless they suspect trans, and because of this law, trans kids just won't even try to participate, which is the reason for the law. GQP wins again. 

8 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

The good news is that the KS Supreme Court is much more liberal than the legislature (5 D and 2 R and 1 of those R is a moderate who voted pro-abortion in the past )

[laughs in EXTREME gerrymandering]

The KS republicans have a supermajority with 46% of the popular vote, and the dems need to win 71% of the popular vote for a simple majority

8 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

In Kansas, as a Gen Xer to play sports in high school required a physical, including the good old "turn your head and cough" mass physical that F250 experienced. Middle school did not, at least when I was in it.  I assume it is the same now. In my town, lucky students got their parents to take them to their family doctor and the rest of us, who were poor or had cheap parents, went to the locker room for the free sports physical and lined up completely naked to go through processing. Basically a bunch of doctors and coaches. Coaches did shit like weighing and height that anyone could do and the doctors were spread around the room.  One checked for hernias, one blood pressure, heart beat, etc. The worst is for some reason they inspected our fucking assholes. No finger, but the whole bend over and spread your cheeks prison style. That was the most degrading, since you had a bunch of other dudes standing in line behind you. No idea what girls had to go through for their free physical day. After that fun experience as a freshman, I figured out that if I waited to decide to play sports until after the mass free physical day, that happened a week or two before HS football practice started, my parents would pay for the family doctor to do the physical. So my freshman year was the only time I had to do the free group physical.   In the immortal words of that simpleton GWB, "That was some weird shit."

Wow, sounds like your school district athletics department was set up by a pedophile.  Good lord.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, safe sex said:

There will be no fair solutions because it's not about women's sports

In order for it to be fair it will need to be applied to all girl athletes and I don't see that happening. As discussed above, genital exams for males has been a requirement forever and most guys that have been through it remember the weirdness. I don't think parents will tolerate a mass exam of young girls. Instead, I think it will be setup as a challenge examination which also has the ability to backfire if you have a few Briskets out there.