LBGTQ

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

The good news about the daughter of the terrible Montana mom legislator is she's doing well. The bad news is not only is she a terrible mom, but she also lied about her kid being trans.

Sally Kohn Gay GIF by The Opposite of Hate

good for them, fuck their mom in the goat ass.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Thanks, Troph, for the head’s up. Church of God, Transgender, then.

I agree that God is in all things, male, female, and neither.

My point is this SCOTUS seems to go out of its way to protect religious rights, and therein lies a position to fight back against state oppression.

Not all religious rights, just the ones they view as legitimate. 

5 hours ago, safe sex said:

Awesome news for you, Troph!

I'm considering Denver ofc, but I'm also kind of tired of having to live paycheck to paycheck because of cost of living and shitty nurse hourly rates. Vermont,  maybe? 

not sure it's awesome, but she was serious.  it's easy for me to say I'd leave if I didn't have this or that, but if you can find a job and a place to land in VT, I'd jump at that. I highly suspect you will be thrilled once you settle in and can put the warzone PTSD behind you.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

How's your flannel and do you have a Subaru?

I have some flannel and I'm more of the F350 type lezzie who owns exactly one pair of heels and thinks a collection of open toed shoes means flip flops and multiple styles of birkenstocks.  Subaru's are no longer lesbian cars, they are now for beta cuck hipster with well trimmed beards to show how manly and woke (at the same time) they are.

Edited by troph
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

I don't have a Subaru, but my flannel collection is extensive and I'm able to rent a U-Haul for any potential second dates.

Uh, no judging...but showing up to your second date with anyone, regardless of sexual preference, in a rented U-Haul is creepy as fuck.

"Hey, I really enjoyed our dinner and movie last week.  Perhaps you'd like to see inside of this here panel truck with a mural of Montana on the sides, (I say in a not so creepy manner)..." 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Uh, no judging...but showing up to your second date with anyone, regardless of sexual preference, in a rented U-Haul is creepy as fuck.

"Hey, I really enjoyed our dinner and movie last week.  Perhaps you'd like to see inside of this here panel truck with a mural of Montana on the sides, (I say in a not so creepy manner)..." 

it's a lesbian joke YGIFS. Lesbians move in together super, super fucking fast. the term is "u-hauling" and it's a LGBTQ subculture phrase. Now we didn't u-haul, and my wife was very much on the slow your roll plan (frankly so was I given the kids) but we still hooked up fast and the ecstasy of estrogen on estrogen love is out of this world so the bond is super fast, super tight until the sex fades and you have to deal with lesbian bed death. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

image.gif.2b0f8db4055b91360ad6df32421ebf54.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, troph said:

it's a lesbian joke YGIFS. Lesbians move in together super, super fucking fast. the term is "u-hauling" and it's a LGBTQ subculture phrase. Now we didn't u-haul, and my wife was very much on the slow your roll plan (frankly so was I given the kids) but we still hooked up fast and the ecstasy of estrogen on estrogen love is out of this world so the bond is super fast, super tight until the sex fades and you have to deal with lesbian bed death. 

Okay, I'm super cool with all this...if even a bit behind.  But I am naming my band "Lesbian Bed Death" and there is nothing you can do to stop me.  

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Okay, I'm super cool with all this...if even a bit behind.  But I am naming my band "Lesbian Bed Death" and there is nothing you can do to stop me.  

It’s a great band name but it’s probably a myth it’s just lesbians often won’t complain about not getting laid. Shit my ex went years without sex, it’s how affairs and then break ups happen. I think it happens to straight couples too it’s just the man usually bitches and complains (rightfully so). Moral of the story, everyone’s got to take care of their lady lest you want someone else doing it for you. 

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I told my wife and kids that we're done with Florida for a while. If we want to go to Disney, we'll go to Disneyland. If we want to go to Universal, we'll go to Hollywood. If we want to go to the beach, we'll find a state that has a nice beach but aren't massive transphobic and homophobic shitbags. I wish California oceans weren't so cold. We'd never have to return to Florida ever again. 

I appreciate you. 

separately I’m pretty distraught about this just finding out, I love the outdoors and one of my best friends - older guy - keeps his boat in islamorada and I love it there. Not sure what we will do. Same kinda goes here in Texas. I love my home. I’m a Texan, I drove over Mansfield dam for the first time when I was 10 and said to myself “oh my god, I want to live here.” Maybe I could dream bigger but that was my dream, and now I live in a place on lake Travis where I wake up and say “oh my god, I live here.” And these assholes don’t care they want me gone at all costs.

thank you for being an ally. Really, this is more than trans issues these are human issues.

just watched a pod cast on man enough tonight I’ll share it later, this is about all of us and your freedom to be who YOU are too, even if it’s not as sparkly as me and safe sex and our gay brothers hanging around here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I regret ever spending a dollar in Florida, and won't ever again until the maga/christian infestation is removed.  Astonishing:

The Florida legislature passed a bill Thursday that will let the state take transgender minors away from their families if they are receiving gender-affirming care.

The bill passed the Senate by a vote of 26–13, mainly along party lines, and the House shortly after by a vote of 83–28, again along party lines. The measure now goes to the desk of Governor Ron DeSantis, who has previously expressed support for it and will likely sign it into law.

If he signs it into law, the measure will allow the state to take custody of a child if they have been “subjected to or [are] threatened with being subjected to” gender-affirming care, which includes puberty blockers and hormone replacement therapy. Florida courts could modify custody agreements from a different state if the minor is likely to receive gender-affirming care in that second state. The text refers to gender-affirming care as “sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures” and qualifies this care as a form of “physical harm.”

https://newrepublic.com/post/172444/florida-passes-bill-allowing-trans-kids-taken-families

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

My clinic has been officially "gotten" by Project Veritas. They have a recording of one of our patient support reps (incorrectly) saying that we will treat 13yo gender care patients.  That's it.  That's the big reveal.  That's our evil plot: to spare our alleviate trans kids from as much the biological torture that is puberty as possible.  

Remind me: how have the PV shitheads avoided jail at this point? Oh, that's white, it's a pretty straight forward explanation

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

The Florida equivalent of the former British Empire calling out Florida for being too Florida among their own Floridian hate-filled citizenry.  

Sorry, but we're living in a simulation and there's nothing any of us can do escape it.  I guess while we're stuck, let's rent some U-Hauls and be kind to one another.  

• Hook 'Em 1

40:20 to the end is so good. Alok, non-binary literary poet, just nails it. Just nails it. This trans battle is about allowing every single person to be who they are and to be free from external prohibitions that enslave us - even cisgender men who are told they can’t be this way or that way. The chronic loneliness many cisgender people, especially men feel. When I came out the instant community I gained was so powerful, and amazing that part truly got me through.

What really resonates with me is Alok’s reaction to trauma was “to be exceptional which is is an elaborate form of begging, goddammit see my humanity and then to know it will never be enough because of what I look like.” I’ll admit being the most open here compared to anywhere else in my life has led me to try and show my exceptionalism openly - sometimes in “look at me” fashion as well and I readily admit I chase accolades and trophies and awards for this very reason feeling like I’m unlovable.  It’s hard I wasn’t like that before, no I was just alone. So amazing the way Alok talks about it.

they are trying to legislate sex and gender and say it’s fixed. Nothing in this world is fixed. 

Alok talks about how this is really eugenics. using the rhetoric of science to justify inequality. 

sexism and transphobia and homophobia are not science.

sex and gender are human constructs to categorize bodies.  There isn’t even a biological sex binary let alone a gender binary.

trans people aren’t being attacked we all are being attacked. They don’t want freedom they want monopoly and power, freedom is actually the opposite of power. And Alok’s superpower is community. cisgender men don’t have community, they have hyper isolation and hyper disassociation they mistake as personality. Letting go of power you can be vulnerable and be part of community. Men have to be all knowing all powerful and to be free from that very restriction IS the same fight trans people are fighting just more extreme. 

Alok’s talk on colonialism is so on point too. Alok’s culture celebrated trans people until colonialism changed values.

y’all gotta watch this person is so fucking smart and so good at communicating it.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/houston-pearl-bar-drag-texas-18100109.php

Mabry says the ongoing push by conservative lawmakers to restrict LGBTQ rights in Texas has jeopardized her business: for the first time since its doors opened in 2013, Pearl Bar was denied an insurance policy it needs to continue operations earlier this year, specifically because it hosts drag shows.   

Mabry's situation began a few months ago, when she decided she wanted to shop around for a new insurance policy with a new agent. The agent eventually came back to Mabry with bad news: the only underwriter that made an offer quoted Mabry at $91,000—more than double what she paid to insure Pearl Bar just one year prior, according to financial documents shared with Chron. 

Days later, the underwriter backpedaled and rescinded the offer entirely. 

In a Mar. 23 email reviewed by Chron, Mabry's insurance agent shared the underwriter's explanation for denying Pearl Bar: "we will not consider this one due to the drag," the underwriter wrote. "We won't write this risk." 

• Rage+1 2

On 5/13/2023 at 7:32 AM, cactusflinthead said:

Remember the Checkov's Gun plot device?  This was the absence of one.  You knew where the ending was going when there wasn't an object present, but rather the void of one?  He had all the tells of one way, but there were no Oakley's on his head.  So you knew where it was headed.  

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I got nothing.  I'm the long-winded asshole with a 1000 opinions but that's just...................y'all unpack that shit.  I don't know.  And furthermore, I dunno.  

40 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I think what she's saying is that only she can determine who is a "true" transgender person.

That craziness not withstanding, the thing I haven't been able to wrap my head around is why all the fuss now?  Perhaps things have changed since I was in school, but I thought you had to be voted into a sorority by the current members.  Why did they vote her in if they have a problem with her?  Seems like this should have been hashed out before they accepted her into the pledge class.

• Hook 'Em 1