LBGTQ

Mo Horn

he doesn’t seem very Christian 

Imagine he was a Muslim cleric, and said the exact same thing about the non-Muslim infidels, inciting the ignorant masses to commit acts of murderous terrorism against non-Muslims (such as many Americans).

We’d rightly call him a terrorist, and a Predator would have put a Hellfire missile up his ass.

Terrorists are terrorists. And at this point, more so than was ever justified as to all Muslims, it’s becoming a not-irrational assumption that an American who claims to be Christian supports such terrorism. It’s the safe assumption for sure.

Think about that. The group that is lost responsible for calling for the wholesale slaughter of Americans is…American Christians.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

If Christian organizations don't denounce this kind of stuff, then it IS the modern form of being a Christian.  Sorry, but I can't continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and use a 2,000 year old definition of Christianity.  Christians continue to vote in the same viewpoints, continue to attend the same churches led by these same pastors, continue to ignore or justify abhorrent actions by their leaders in a number of different areas, and continue to say to themselves 'oh, but that's not MY religion.'  

Why would they denounce it? If you think they don’t want a theocracy, you haven’t been paying attention to the past 1000 years. It’s always been a trash cult 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

She will have a literal graduation gown on over her clothes! Why the fuck does it matter. This is batshit crazy. 

Cruelty for the sake of cruelty. It’s not even for the sake of appearances or “decorum.” It’s just to be abusive to a teenager. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are they demanding that trans men use the women’s restroom? Because that needs to happen. Let’s see how they like that. 

That’s the weirdest part of these bathroom laws that the right hasn’t thought of yet. If you’re a trans man, you might dress and present yourself in traditonal men’s attire like a suit and you may even have a beard and a very masculine physique. The law says you must use the women’s bathroom.

In a public place like a sporting event or concert, it will most likely lead someone to calling the police because it accurately appears a man is using the women’s room where they may be little girls. But that person is there because the Dan Patricks or Ron DeSantis of the world require it.

of course the real goal of these laws is to push trans people to hide from the public or get them to move.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That’s the weirdest part of these bathroom laws that the right hasn’t thought of yet. If you’re a trans man, you might dress and present yourself in traditonal men’s attire like a suit and you may even have a beard and a very masculine physique. The law says you must use the women’s bathroom.

In a public place like a sporting event or concert, it will most likely lead someone to calling the police because it accurately appears a man is using the women’s room where they may be little girls. But that person is there because the Dan Patricks or Ron DeSantis of the world require it.

of course the real goal of these laws is to push trans people to hide from the public or get them to move.

And as always, it’s the women who suffer more. 

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

When Texas schools start hiring school chaplains they'll be in charge of inspecting children's genitals for bathroom use.

Won't even have to pay them for that task ....they will handle it voluntarily..

Frightening article about Moms for Liberty. https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/20/us/colorado-moms-for-liberty-liberals-spying/index.html

Money quote:

CNN asked Schoening if she was saying she believed there was some kind of high-level coordinated effort to make more children trans and gay. “There is,” she said. Who would be directing it? “Teachers’ unions, and our president, and a lot of funding sources,” she said. Why would they do that? “Because it breaks down the family unit,” she said. And why would they want that? “So that conservative values are broken down, and that we can slowly erode away at constitutional rights,” she said.

Geezly fucking crow.  This is the kind of thinking behind this.  Utterly regarded.

I, for one, think family and community values need some restoration in this country.  I also recognize that this is done as well or better by "icky queers" than a lot of Magats (see Boebert, Lauren).  Troph is a great example.  I've known others, not trans, but gay, and they are very fine parents.

• Hook 'Em 1

i had forgotten (or blocked out) the details of his insanity immediately post-election.

i mean he truly thought he could just throw it out and be declared winner.

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

i can't believe we still have people on this site that would have been onboard with that. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Cruelty for the sake of cruelty. It’s not even for the sake of appearances or “decorum.” It’s just to be abusive to a teenager. 

On 5/20/2023 at 9:57 PM, cactusflinthead said:

It's about control. They really don't care about anything else.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:53 PM, TexEx15 said:

She will have a literal graduation gown on over her clothes! Why the fuck does it matter. This is batshit crazy. 

All of the people upset about the gays, trans, etc., all of them to a person have shitty lives - something that is either mentally wrong with them, or something that is just eating them up inside, and they desperately need somebody to vent at and blame, and right now it's cool if you're a Republican and rant and rave about the LBGTQs.  Moths to a flame.

Some of them, I have no doubt, gave no shits about the LBGTQ folks, but they just have to find something to hate and try and control, because their lives are fucked up and they need to try and make other people miserable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

When Texas schools start hiring school chaplains they'll be in charge of inspecting children's genitals for bathroom use.

10 hours ago, mchookem said:

... and administering more 'hands-on' T&Ps over the bodies. 

And then I'll be in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Or the right reasons.

Who Knows Whatever GIF by Paul McCartney

And I'll be calling on the 48% of Surly who are practicing attorneys.

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And as always, it’s the women who suffer more. 

cis women are being harassed and told to leave bathrooms and as you said if this is taken to it’s logical conclusion men will be in the restroom with them.

I’ve officially started avoiding public restrooms to the extent I can and I’ve never been clocked using them.

I did have someone (a cisgender woman who knew I was trans) backhand slap the shit out of my tits once to see if they were real. That fucking hurt bad, yeah like that kinda bad. Fml. 

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, troph said:

cis women are being harassed and told to leave bathrooms and as you said if this is taken to it’s logical conclusion men will be in the restroom with them.

I’ve officially started avoiding public restrooms to the extent I can and I’ve never been clocked using them.

I did have someone (a cisgender woman who knew I was trans) backhand slap the shit out of my tits once to see if they were real. That fucking hurt bad, yeah like that kinda bad. Fml. 

The only public restroom completely safe to use in Austin, imo, is the Mueller Drafthouse. I haven't used a public bathroom other than that one in years 

34 minutes ago, safe sex said:

The only public restroom completely safe to use in Austin, imo, is the Mueller Drafthouse. I haven't used a public bathroom other than that one in years 

generally IDGAF but the florida news is tough and has me skiddish again. but it's just a matter of time before I get called out given how tall I am.

Edited by troph

I'm seeing a lot more one-hole bathrooms that are not gender specific. Hope the trend keeps up, not only to prevent these assholes from harassing people for using the bathroom, but also so I can take a shit without having to sit next to a guy who had a keg of beer and binged on Arby's the night before making the place unbearable.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm seeing a lot more one-hole bathrooms that are not gender specific. Hope the trend keeps up, not only to prevent these assholes from harassing people for using the bathroom, but also so I can take a shit without having to sit next to a guy who had a keg of beer and binged on Arby's the night before making the place unbearable.

Sorry for partying? 

Yeah, there are so many non-specific/gender-inclusive/family bathrooms in Austin...I kinda take it for granted how hard it is for trans folks in other parts of Texas.  Then I drive around the state and Lobo hyperbole aside, we're probably less than a year away from some rural establishments having bathroom signs like with hateful labels/signage on them as if a trans person was gonna stop off to piss at a convenience store flying MAGA flags above the gas pumps anyway,.

^
That you, Alexander?  

"There's shit on the outside of the torlet.  And they got shit on the outside of the uriness."  

Shitty thing is (Pun intended), like how chains advertise on highway/biway billboards their clean bathrooms...you could have places advertise that it's a safe bathroom space for LGBTQ+ folks whilst traveling.  You know, acting like human beings to offer a weary traveler a place to take a piss and grab a beverage.  But of course, Dan Patrick would outlaw that kinda shit and there'd be roving street gangs hanging out at places like that to harass said LGBTQ+ travelers going into/out the bathroom.  I hate that a few of you good folks would likely catch some serious harassment and assault, but you have to admit---the doxxing footage of the kinda guys hanging out at truck stop bathrooms to protect "Christian Values" would be a little funny...

At least half the dudes over 50 in my office have constant explosive diarrhea, especially in the mornings. I honestly can't explain it, maybe when I'm 50.

lol it ain’t just dudes

TMI - I’ve had IBS for years but something about the hormone changes after 50 and the whole menopause debacle has made my gut lose its grip.

Getting old sucks.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Sorry for partying? 

Yeah, there are so many non-specific/gender-inclusive/family bathrooms in Austin...I kinda take it for granted how hard it is for trans folks in other parts of Texas.  Then I drive around the state and Lobo hyperbole aside, we're probably less than a year away from some rural establishments having bathroom signs like with hateful labels/signage on them as if a trans person was gonna stop off to piss at a convenience store flying MAGA flags above the gas pumps anyway,.

Yeah but I do. I love the outdoors and the more remote the better. Places like corpus, just before PINS, rockport, alpine, marathon, fort Stockton, shit I even peed in vidor once.  On the road to other places I’ve peed in many a Maga shithole, Victoria, refugio, karnes city, three rivers, Lubbock, amarillo, dumas, Texarkana, hell I peed in levelland once (homage to James McMurtry epic songwriting ability), shit man I can keep going. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You can keep going pee or keep posting towns?  ;) 

Cool you love the outdoors, me too.  My point was how I/we forget about this bathroom bullshit until we get outta Austin where it's everybody else wondering whats in everybody else's underpants.  My close cousin, like an older sister, has been working with trans folks all her life and introduced me to many friends of hers over the years.  I just never in a million years thought the focus of a legislative session of a major state would be so singularly focused on where people peed (and this is the 3rd-4th session to that effect).  Look at the Germans, they don't care on whom you pee.  I mean where you pee.  They're doing strong to quite strong.  

this is all because they couldn't figure out any other way to increase voter turnout on their side.  so they had to drive an additional/new slice of the electorate out to the polls.  Someday, we're going to have to look back at hundreds of exit polls and admit that it wasn't water, or energy, or economics, or education, or even border security (all valid concerns) that millions of voters said was what drove them out to the polls-it was where people urinated.  And the next generation will ask, "Like, was people peeing in the streets and the water supply a big deal, like that kinda issue where public health was at stake?"  Nope, we were apparently terrified 17 transgender folks needed to take a leak in a restaurant one summer.  

lol it ain’t just dudes

TMI - I’ve had IBS for years but something about the hormone changes after 50 and the whole menopause debacle has made my gut lose its grip.

Getting old sucks.
Genuinely sorry to hear that. If my schedule gets off, it's so unpleasant. I had to go with a different protein powder as my normal was sold out and it was fucking awful. I had to carefully schedule gym and yoga for a few days. I can't imagine IBS.
  • Like 1