Impromptu Happy Hour - Austin, Lavaca Street Downtown

immamac

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Just saw this. I was going to say it is not a terrible spot when the weather cools down, but when it’s 103 that deck isn’t the best place to grab a drink

There are 0 females here. Bartender isn't even behind the bar he's sitting out at one of the tables playing online blackjack on his laptop. The other 3 dudes are the manager I presume and some distributors. 

There are also no barstools. Which is fucking weird. I used to sit at that bar all the time. 

9 minutes ago, theBigHen said:

Ables is completely dead during the summer. You might catch a few people there during dollar beers but I can’t remember what day that is. 

Tuesdays. We used to hold it down especially a week before school. This was pathetic. 

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

I don't think I've been to Abel's since Tuesday $1 beer night in college. 

Is this thing still happening?

Moved to lavaca street 

• immamac changed the title to Impromptu Happy Hour - Austin, Lavaca Street Downtown
1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I'm a relic to many of you, but I remember West Campus being pretty vibrant in the early 80s summers.  From Les Amis, Mad Dog and Beans, Cain & Abels to the Posse West.  Disheartening to learn of its demise.

I was at C&A recently and it was pretty busy. Mostly older-than-college crowd though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I'm a relic to many of you, but I remember West Campus being pretty vibrant in the early 80s summers.  From Les Amis, Mad Dog and Beans, Cain & Abels to the Posse West.  Disheartening to learn of its demise.

Username sort of checks out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• immamac unpinned and unfeatured this topic