Missouri Water Park: “We aren’t comfortable with you people, ya birthday cancelled”

Pancho

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

you're supposed to be pissed at modernity with a sprinkling of the human condition as well as the fact that we, as a society, have prioritized the consumption of information in a disingenuous and self-serving narcissistic way which has given rise to the material impact that stupid shit like social media has on our every day lives.  also that everyone hates each other so much and is so miserable and insecure in their own lives that the only way they can get through the day is to trample on anyone else they can.

So...Charlie Strong

26 minutes ago, sidis said:

you're supposed to be pissed at modernity with a sprinkling of the human condition as well as the fact that we, as a society, have prioritized the consumption of information in a disingenuous and self-serving narcissistic way which has given rise to the material impact that stupid shit like social media has on our every day lives.  also that everyone hates each other so much and is so miserable and insecure in their own lives that the only way they can get through the day is to trample on anyone else they can.

tenor-7.gif

I was born there. But my family was all born in Texas and I moved to Texas at 6 months. I don’t remember much about Missouri…never visited it. I just know that one scene from National Lampoon’s Vacation and I feel like I’ve seen enough.
Kids are you are seeing all this plight? Roll em up! 
To be fair, that was Illinois.
  • Hook 'Em 2

This shit is surreal. Really, let’s put some context on it:

Kyiv, August 2022: Our boys have managed to blow up 8 Russian attack jets in Crimea, they will no longer bomb my homeland. But I fear reprisals. I have not heard from my cousin in Mariupol, I pray she has not been sent to a filtration camp. 

Missouri, August 2022: The water park is unable to accommodate 100 percent more people than planned for my birthday bash. I did not know that social media ads also included TikTok. This racism cannot stand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, sidis said:

You can collimate my telescope anytime, sir.

34 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This shit is surreal. Really, let’s put some context on it:

Kyiv, August 2022: Our boys have managed to blow up 8 Russian attack jets in Crimea, they will no longer bomb my homeland. But I fear reprisals. I have not heard from my cousin in Mariupol, I pray she has not been sent to a filtration camp. 

Missouri, August 2022: The water park is unable to accommodate 100 percent more people than planned for my birthday bash. I did not know that social media ads also included TikTok. This racism cannot stand. 

They advertised the party on Facebook and tagged the Waterpark. 

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Isn’t Pancho a professor? How does he constantly fall for this stupid shit? 

I don't know Pancho, and anyone can be suckered by internet click bait.   But I think you may be giving professor's more credit than they deserve.  There aren't many professions that involve more heads up asses and/or completely myopic existences.

8 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

I don't know Pancho, and anyone can be suckered by internet click bait.   But I think you may be giving professor's more credit than they deserve.  There aren't many professions that involve more heads up asses and/or completely myopic existences.

My mom had a “brilliant” prof at the University of Washington.  She once sat with him and a group of students at a lunch table and watched him try to jam ice cubes from his glass down the neck of his Coke bottle. 

My mom is no rocket surgeon but in a brief moment of clarity she suggested that he pour the Coke over the ice cubes in the glass.  

He looked at her with a stricken face, pushed away from the table without saying a word and walked out of the dining room.   His classes were cancelled for two weeks as he took some personal time off.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pancho said:

You dumbass, no one said it was racism. Of course you couldn’t grasp that, which is standard for you people.

I agree with what someone said up thread that I’d side with the water park too but damn, they handled this poorly. This is where direct communication helps more that it hurts. Just be direct—“no you can’t get in because you violated this specific policy of ours.”  That’s not being racist. They made it worse by just saying “dainty us, we don’t feel comfortable!”

Well, CONTEXT!!! 

Your title hinted at racism.  “You people”