Horrible way to die new stories

crash_davis

I remember watching an episode of Taxi Cab Confessions years ago on HBO and some guy on there talking about a man getting caught between a subway train and platform and getting all twisted up, apparently he was still conscious long enough for wife to visit with him before he passed.  Faces of Death?  The parachuter who accidentally landed into a Gator farm or some such.  

• Like 1

Used to frame and build houses.  Two story house had a beam in the middle of the garage that ran parallel to the garage header, and sometimes got dropped onto the bearing posts 'wild' which means it wasn't cut to length and stuck out past the wall on one end.  Common practice was to lop it off with a chainsaw.  I was on the 2nd story towards the rear of the house (garage was on the street) snapping lines, when I heard the chainsaw start up, rev real high, then fall to the ground.

The cutter had been on his knees on the 2nd story floor, leaning over the edge to cut the beam below him, when his Saint Christopher hanging on a chain around his neck became caught in the chainsaw chain, which immediately beheaded him.  I went to the job foreman and told him to call the coroner...he insisted on calling an ambulance. I took the rest of the day off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Knew a dude who was riding in the back of a pickup.  Short ride of about a mile from one friends apartment complex to another, so he jumped in the back while dude driving and some girls sat up front.  He was sitting on the side instead of down in the bed.  His other buddy gunned it pulling into parking garage of the arrival complex.  Guy was pretty tall. Low clearance man....low fucking clearance.

Damn.  Buddies neighbor had a kid we kind of watched him grow from middle school thru high school.   Got a call one day that he had died, this was only 2-3 years ago.  They were fishing down in Freeport and were dragging the boat out at harbor, and going somewhere (don’t recall why). He jumped in back of boat to make the short ride.  They hit a low crossing tressel on way there, and the T-top ended his life instantly.

Last one I’ve got, I think.  I used to be the engineer/co rep on pipe lay barges.  Boss had told me his first job out the gate was a 24” pipeline offshore India.  Some young Indian engineer stepped into the firing line as a pipe was coming off the rack and down the line.  Boss said he heard a “clink”, looked up, and there was pipe on both sides of the guy.  Same deal where he was alive until they let him loose, where he died.  

When I was a kid, I was playing in the bayou off Chimney Rock after a storm and the cement sides were slick from wet algae. Every time I tried to take a step up the bank, I would slide back down. Not far from where I was, the water rushed into pipes that went under the street. That would have sucked...

20 hours ago, Bevo said:

Fire ants - https://www.winknews.com/2021/05/13/swfl-woman-dies-after-reaction-to-fire-ant-bites/

Killer Bees - https://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/articles/2013/06/03/40000-killer-bees-sting-texas-man-to-death

Marie Prevost -

Mary Provost did not look her best
The day the cops bust into her lonely nest
In the cheap hotel up
on Hollywood West July 29
She'd been lyin' there
for two or three weeks
The neighbors said
they never heard a squeak
For hungry eyes that could not speak
Said even little doggie's have got to eat
She was winner
The became the doggie's dinner

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 4th_and_18 said:

About a month ago we were having a team building afternoon at punch bowl social at the domain. Very soon after we got there they started evacuating the place and people were running from the bowling lanes. The staff came from the maintenance area behind the pins crying and screaming. They had just seen their coworker get beheaded by the pin reset machine. All of our future events with punch bowl have been canceled and apparently that location will be closed for some time. I don’t know if they are back open yet or not.

BillParker.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Having those African wild dogs take you down and start eating you alive. They start with the easiest to tear tissue, which happens to be around the anus/groin. They then start pulling out organs and shit while you're still alive screaming and thinking you'd rather be laying pipe somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Having those African wild dogs take you down and start eating you alive. They start with the easiest to tear tissue, which happens to be around the anus/groin.

These so-called african wild dogs sure sound a lot like south austins mom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

23 hours ago, Deej said:

I've been close to dying from some simple, mundane shit on several occasions. We probably all have. Just don't think about it. 

I've cashed out on my share of luck.  These might not have ended in death but:

1. lost control of car on 3 lane highway.  started in middle lane, swerved to left lane, spun all the way to the right lane, dented a metal guard rail with my 10+ year old economy shit box but walked away without even a bruise.

2. cliff jumping in lake travis.  didnt get a good running start or whatever, but remember in slow motion as the water surface came closer and closer, that a gigantic rock became visible from underneath that i thought "where did that come from?".  barely missed it and didnt jump for rest of day.

3. doing dumb shit on my mountain bike without a helmet.  like unintentionally endo'ing over the bike, flying in between narrowly-spaced trees, and somehow not even catching a scratch.

4. class trip to what seemed like a limestone quarry.  it was steep, stair-stepped, and jagged.  arrived at 8am and i was still mostly asleep.  for whatever reason decided to "hop" down the steps, and found myself falling forward.  my leg caught into some barbed wire luckily...or maybe it caused my fall....but without it, i probably would've ragdolled down the rocks.

6 hours ago, Bevo said:

When I was a kid, I was playing in the bayou off Chimney Rock after a storm and the cement sides were slick from wet algae. Every time I tried to take a step up the bank, I would slide back down. Not far from where I was, the water rushed into pipes that went under the street. That would have sucked...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

cliff jumping in lake travis

I jumped off the damn on the Llano River 20 years ago. We were staying at the Dabbs and it was hot as balls, so we decided to go swimming. As I jumped my foot slipped on the algae on the top of the rollover. I saw myself miss the rebar sticking out the side of the dam by inches and hit the water on my ribs. Some people who were out there rushed in and had to pull me out of the water.

Never again. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, DalTxHornFan said:

Three brothers die after passing out in manure pit at Ohio farm, authorities say

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article253418144.html

Even worse, some may say…

Father of three drowns in manure pit on a Colorado dairy farm, officials say

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/national/article250591374.html

Several years ago, one of the rebar cage for a two story high wall tipped over and crushed an iron worker. The supports were engineered properly, but somehow it tipped over. OSHA came and didn’t find any, but a guy still died leaving behind a wife and a young daughter.

When I was a young field engineer, one of the foremen said he saw a guy crushed by a column rebar cage. Same deal, it tipped over, one of the guys started running without seeing which direction the cage was falling. The foreman said the guys spine was sticking out his back when they lifted up the cage. 

On 8/13/2022 at 6:52 PM, Atxracer said:

These ones about being smashed and get to live long enough to say goodbye to your family and then die after they pull you apart sound like the worst.  

Especially when the wife asks where you keep the insurance policy. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Lee Atwater, former RNC chair and Bush I crony witnessed the death of his toddler aged brother.  Mom was working up some southern vittles in the Presto fry baby on the kitchen counter. Baby brother pulled the freyer down and received fatal burns.

My dad grew up in Minnesota. The nearest big town was Fargo. His aunt lost her daughter after the child pulled a pot of boiling water off the stove and on to herself. 

They couldn't bury anyone in the winter because the ground was frozen solid, so they usually left them in the mortuary. She left her daughter lying in state in her coffin in their living room until the spring thaw. 

*shudder*

My dad grew up in Minnesota. The nearest big town was Fargo. His aunt lost her daughter after the child pulled a pot of boiling water off the stove and on to herself. 
They couldn't bury anyone in the winter because the ground was frozen solid, so they usually left them in the mortuary. She left her daughter lying in state in her coffin in their living room until the spring thaw. 
*shudder*

My neck of the woods, what town was your dad from?

I had a cousin that went to work on an oil rig the day after he graduated HS. First night on the job he rode the block up to the top of the derrick, but the driller didn't stop in time and bumped the crown. He fell and landed feet first on the rig floor. Drove his legs into his body. They said he lived for a short time.

• Rage+1 1

Damn....

Usually, the condemned man, after being whipped, or “scourged,” dragged the crossbeam of his cross to the place of punishment, where the upright shaft was already fixed in the ground. Stripped of his clothing either then or earlier at his scourging, he was bound fast with outstretched arms to the crossbeam or nailed firmly to it through the wrists. The crossbeam was then raised high against the upright shaft and made fast to it about 9 to 12 feet (approximately 3 metres) from the ground. Next, the feet were tightly bound or nailed to the upright shaft. A ledge inserted about halfway up the upright shaft gave some support to the body; evidence for a similar ledge for the feet is rare and late. Over the criminal’s head was placed a notice stating his name and his crime. Death ultimately occurred through a combination of constrained blood circulation, organ failure, and asphyxiation as the body strained under its own weight. It could be hastened by shattering the legs (crurifragium) with an iron club, which prevented them from supporting the body’s weight and made inhalation more difficult, accelerating both asphyxiation and shock.

Back in the day I was a budget analyst for Texas Mutual and as such, had to review the losses in death workers' comp claims.

Most of it was pretty normal stuff and as a habit I stayed clear of the photos on the imaged files that they gave access to.

However, I remember one case that the claims department refused to image due to the sensitive nature of the death, so I had review the hard  copy of the file.

Usually they kept any photos at the back of the file in a photo sleeve, but when I opened this one they were all loose at the front and fell out on the floor and my desk.

In the process of reorganizing them, the first few I saw were of the area where the incident occurred which was a service elevator at an airport.

So I got kind of sloppy and thought this was all just going to be area photos with some blood.

Unfortunately that was not the case and I ended up seeing photos of the deceased who was crushed by an elevator and had his heart explode up and out of his throat area.

No doubt a quick death, but shit.

I wrote their asses up for poor file management.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 4:49 PM, Steel Shank said:

Having those African wild dogs take you down and start eating you alive. They start with the easiest to tear tissue, which happens to be around the anus/groin. They then start pulling out organs and shit while you're still alive screaming and thinking you'd rather be laying pipe somewhere else.

Those fuckers don't mess around.

the-hyena-and-other-men-pieter-hugo-6.jp

19 hours ago, Deej said:

*shudder*

One kid from a family I grew up with died from eating some rat poison that was put out in their barn (this was in the 1960s).