Horrible way to die new stories

crash_davis

Always heard stories about people jumping in elevators in downtown houston that had tunnel access. Apparently at the time if you didn't manually shut down the elevator, they would work even if the bottom was full of water.  So when they flood out during a Harvey/Allison type deal, if you were unlucky enough to be in the elevator going to the bottom floor, when the doors opened you were rushed with water and would drown.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, BabaYaga said:

Being captured alive back in the day by the Comanches...

Getting captured close the where the main tribe was the worst way to go because then the women  could work on you for days.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:41 PM, Brisketexan said:

And that dude who fell into the lasagna meat grinder at Michaelangelos foods in Round Rock.

I avoided buying their products for a good while after that.  Wanted to make sure they had time to, uhh, flush the machinery.

I still won't buy their food. 

In the Horrible Death in Austin Catagory I nominate Miss Jamie Minor:

https://www.khou.com/amp/article/news/autopsy-results-bring-new-questions-in-case-of-woman-found-dead-in-vent/285-413136779

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, RPM said:

I had a cousin that went to work on an oil rig the day after he graduated HS. First night on the job he rode the block up to the top of the derrick, but the driller didn't stop in time and bumped the crown. He fell and landed feet first on the rig floor. Drove his legs into his body. They said he lived for a short time.

Calling bullshit on this story.  He lived long enough to make several golf videos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Always heard stories about people jumping in elevators in downtown houston that had tunnel access. Apparently at the time if you didn't manually shut down the elevator, they would work even if the bottom was full of water.  So when they flood out during a Harvey/Allison type deal, if you were unlucky enough to be in the elevator going to the bottom floor, when the doors opened you were rushed with water and would drown.

My mom's great aunt fell through an open elevator shaft. The elevator door opened but the elevator wasn't there.

Probably one of the worst ways to die is graft vs host disease. You can lose your ears and nose and other body parts and your skin can slough off as your new immune system attacks your body.

6 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Back in the day I was a budget analyst for Texas Mutual and as such, had to review the losses in death workers' comp claims.

Most of it was pretty normal stuff and as a habit I stayed clear of the photos on the imaged files that they gave access to.

However, I remember one case that the claims department refused to image due to the sensitive nature of the death, so I had review the hard  copy of the file.

Usually they kept any photos at the back of the file in a photo sleeve, but when I opened this one they were all loose at the front and fell out on the floor and my desk.

In the process of reorganizing them, the first few I saw were of the area where the incident occurred which was a service elevator at an airport.

So I got kind of sloppy and thought this was all just going to be area photos with some blood.

Unfortunately that was not the case and I ended up seeing photos of the deceased who was crushed by an elevator and had his heart explode up and out of his throat area.

No doubt a quick death, but shit.

I wrote their asses up for poor file management.

Guy I worked with years ago was taking a load of file boxes to offsite storage in the bed of his truck when a lid flew off a box, followed by much of its contents, which contained more than a few graphic images. Someone mailed them back to the office with a nasty letter.

Oopsie..

Damn....
Usually, the condemned man, after being whipped, or “scourged,” dragged the crossbeam of his cross to the place of punishment, where the upright shaft was already fixed in the ground. Stripped of his clothing either then or earlier at his scourging, he was bound fast with outstretched arms to the crossbeam or nailed firmly to it through the wrists. The crossbeam was then raised high against the upright shaft and made fast to it about 9 to 12 feet (approximately 3 metres) from the ground. Next, the feet were tightly bound or nailed to the upright shaft. A ledge inserted about halfway up the upright shaft gave some support to the body; evidence for a similar ledge for the feet is rare and late. Over the criminal’s head was placed a notice stating his name and his crime. Death ultimately occurred through a combination of constrained blood circulation, organ failure, and asphyxiation as the body strained under its own weight. It could be hastened by shattering the legs (crurifragium) with an iron club, which prevented them from supporting the body’s weight and made inhalation more difficult, accelerating both asphyxiation and shock.

You uh ever hear of a guy named Jesus?
  • Like 1

Another entry for this would be that my older step-sisters first husband died when he returned to the feedmill he worked at and died because he went into the office area that was being fumigated at the time. (This is generally speculated to be a suicide but no confirmation of intent exists, his dad, sister, and brother all killed themselves so it’s kind of accepted he did too.)

Guy I went to high school with didn't die but he was working one of those wide load moving home things.  Entergy was supposed to cut the electricity on that particular line so they could move it up.  He made contact with a live line and got thrown off the roof of the moving house and into traffic.  Paralyzed for life.

maxresdefault.jpg

A large metal object fell from the sky near the Maine State Capitol, narrowly missing a person walking outside

A Maine Capitol Police employee was spared Monday when a large metal object apparently from an aircraft crashed to the ground outside the building, narrowly missing him, officials said.

220816021239-large-metal-object-falls-ma

"The 6-7 pound sleeve like object landed at a high velocity approximately 6-8 feet from Capitol Police Screener Craig Donahue who was walking outside the entrance," the state's public safety department said in a news release.
Two other people were in the area and saw the object fall around 12:30 p.m. near the capitol building in Augusta

"The FAA has launched an investigation while attempting to locate the source of the part which is likely from a large airliner on an international route," the news release said.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

Getting captured close the where the main tribe was the worst way to go because then the women  could work on you for days.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:41 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yep, same with the Afghans back in the day.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 3:49 AM, RPM said:

I had a cousin that went to work on an oil rig the day after he graduated HS. First night on the job he rode the block up to the top of the derrick, but the driller didn't stop in time and bumped the crown. He fell and landed feet first on the rig floor. Drove his legs into his body. They said he lived for a short time.

raf,750x1000,075,t,FFFFFF:97ab1c12de.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

maxresdefault.jpg

A large metal object fell from the sky near the Maine State Capitol, narrowly missing a person walking outside

A Maine Capitol Police employee was spared Monday when a large metal object apparently from an aircraft crashed to the ground outside the building, narrowly missing him, officials said.

"The 6-7 pound sleeve like object landed at a high velocity approximately 6-8 feet from Capitol Police Screener Craig Donahue who was walking outside the entrance," the state's public safety department said in a news release.
Two other people were in the area and saw the object fall around 12:30 p.m. near the capitol building in Augusta

"The FAA has launched an investigation while attempting to locate the source of the part which is likely from a large airliner on an international route," the news release said.

What, no photos of the giant involuntary dump that dude took when that landed next to him?

3 hours ago, Ten Bears said:

In the book, The Son, the Comanche women staked a guy out and built fires under his feet and hands.  When he would stop screaming they would move the fires up under some new nerve endings and repeat.

That would suck.

Username and avatar check out.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 6:45 PM, Deej said:

My dad grew up in Minnesota. The nearest big town was Fargo. His aunt lost her daughter after the child pulled a pot of boiling water off the stove and on to herself. 

They couldn't bury anyone in the winter because the ground was frozen solid, so they usually left them in the mortuary. She left her daughter lying in state in her coffin in their living room until the spring thaw. 

*shudder*

I have a family member who has done a load of genealogy research and says that children dying from scalding water was surprisingly common in the old days  

This didn’t result in death, but a few years ago, my daughter’s boyfriend’s college football teammate’s dad from Colorado (is everyone following me?) joined some other football dads on a pheasant or goose hunt in SD. They were taking a break, and this dad was leaning against the truck with the butt of his shotgun on the ground and both of his hands draped over the muzzle. He called one of the hunting dogs over, and the dog reached up with a paw for attention and pulled the trigger. Of course, dad forgot the one in the chamber and had one hand completed blown off while losing most of the other hand. 

After seeing it in person, gored to death by a buffalo is up there on my list.

A man was killed on Monday, May 30, following an incident on a property in Erath County.

According to the Erath County Sheriff’s Office, “On May 30th at around 1255 hours deputies responded to an EMS call at 65756 I-20, Erath County. The reporting person stated a male had been gored by a buffalo in his pelvic region. The witnesses on scene attempted life saving measures that were ultimately unsuccessful. Erath County Sheriff’s Office Investigators arrived and conducted their investigation.”

https://theflashtoday.com/2022/05/31/man-killed-by-buffalo-in-erath-county/

15 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I have a family member who has done a load of genealogy research and says that children dying from scalding water was surprisingly common in the old days  

This didn’t result in death, but a few years ago, my daughter’s boyfriend’s college football teammate’s dad from Colorado (is everyone following me?) joined some other football dads on a pheasant or goose hunt in SD. They were taking a break, and this dad was leaning against the truck with the butt of his shotgun on the ground and both of his hands draped over the muzzle. He called one of the hunting dogs over, and the dog reached up with a paw for attention and pulled the trigger. Of course, dad forgot the one in the chamber and had one hand completed blown off while losing most of the other hand. 

He’s gonna find out who his friends are when he needs to take a dump. 

• 2 months later...

This dude ate Kevin Bacon's balls. No really. First-degree murder of Kevin Bacon.

Kevin-Bacon-Killer.png?w=876&h=493&crop=

https://www.wtrf.com/news/man-ate-kevin-bacons-testicles-after-meeting-on-grindr-charged-with-murder/

A Michigan man who acknowledged killing another man and hanging the mutilated body from a ceiling will face life in prison without parole after a judge said Wednesday that it was premeditated murder.

Police said Latunski admitted to killing Bacon, 25, whom he had met through the dating app Grindr, and eating Bacon’s testicles in Bennington Township, 90 miles (145 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

This dude ate Kevin Bacon's balls. No really. First-degree murder of Kevin Bacon.

Kevin-Bacon-Killer.png?w=876&h=493&crop=

https://www.wtrf.com/news/man-ate-kevin-bacons-testicles-after-meeting-on-grindr-charged-with-murder/

A Michigan man who acknowledged killing another man and hanging the mutilated body from a ceiling will face life in prison without parole after a judge said Wednesday that it was premeditated murder.

Police said Latunski admitted to killing Bacon, 25, whom he had met through the dating app Grindr, and eating Bacon’s testicles in Bennington Township, 90 miles (145 kilometers) northwest of Detroit.

This guy really didn't understand how to play Seven Degrees of Separation from Kevin Bacon did he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:48 AM, ImissWallyPryor said:

As a child, my grandfather pulled boiling water off of the stove and it severely burned his back. Before WWII there were no antibiotics so the risk of death due to secondary infections was really high. He was lucky.

• Hook 'Em 1

My BIL pulled a big pot of grape jelly off the stove on to himself when he and my wife were kids.  Luckily it mostly ended up on his legs and they were able to do skin grafts but it was a pretty terrible experience for everyone from what I have been told.

• Rage+1 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:24 AM, Bookman said:

i know that game. i was in a rage one time probably a decade ago, and i snapped a metal broomstick over a tree trunk, and it snapped in half and sliced my arm like butter. i'd never seen that much blood just pouring out like that before. that was one of those moments that never left me, and caused me to have just a little bit more self control, even when i'm completely in a rage. photos are nsfw, but they aren't gruesome or anything.

Spoiler

543172A4-4EB7-40D9-A302-CD320C7C62AE.thumb.jpeg.fea2c3fc2b2a744012771cc9c06a55b8.jpeg

67FD6B92-59D2-41B1-8160-4858B027701B.thumb.jpeg.aef30c93a32436c69b89721907f6a52c.jpeg

• Like 1

i'm just now seeing this thread for the first time, and i thought for sure that one of the recent posts would be about the guy i saw yesterday who, in what is truly some gruesome video footage, tried to run across a las vegas highway at night, only to get hit by a car, and then, in front of the frantically crying young girl who had hit him, had his dead body run over countless times by oncoming traffic, severing his body limb from limb. just car after car after car. ugh. so terrible.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm just now seeing this thread for the first time, and i thought for sure that one of the recent posts would be about the guy i saw yesterday who, in what is truly some gruesome video footage, tried to run across a las vegas highway at night, only to get hit by a car, and then, in front of the frantically crying young girl who had hit him, had his dead body run over countless times by oncoming traffic, severing his body limb from limb. just car after car after car. ugh. so terrible.

I mean if you're gonna mention it, this is the thread to post the link. The sound is definitely the worst part.

On 8/16/2022 at 4:29 AM, RPM said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Touchin' down in New England town
Feel the heat comin' down
I've got to keep on keepin' on
You know the big wheel keeps on spinnin' around
And I'm goin' with some hesitation
You know that I can surely see
That I don't want to get caught up in any of that
Funky shit goin' down in the city

Big ol' jet airliner
Don't carry me too far away
Oh, oh big ol' jet airliner
'Cause it's here that I've got to stay

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Sounds horrible, but did he die?