Garage Floor Epoxy

11 hours ago, milkman said:

I don't have time to deal with this. Seems like they strip or grind the concrete and use the good stuff versus buying epoxy kits from the box stores!

There is no comparison between the box store and professionals.  Box store stuff gets a bad rap because people don’t prep correctly, but the pro stuff is still considerably better, even if the DIY is done correctly. 

12 hours ago, milkman said:

Seems like pricing is sorta in-line. f2af9568f7c267fec1b0bed54c40dcdc.jpg
I’ve narrowed it down to these two colors.

Highly recommend the left one, or ask them to put in even less of the colored flake. You'll never find anything you drop on the right side one.

47 minutes ago, harold said:

Ours was put in by the previous homeowner.  Only drawback is that it can get really slippery when wet.

Previous homeowner probably had to flee for being wanted, dead or alive. He's probably out there, somewhere, living on a prayer. But maybe can find forgiveness because love is a social disease, even though some claim he gave love a bad name.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Previous homeowner probably had to flee for being wanted, dead or alive. He's probably out there, somewhere, living on a prayer. But maybe can find forgiveness because love is a social disease, even though some claim he gave love a bad name.

You're saying he's a runaway?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

On 8/12/2022 at 3:49 PM, HornOnTheBayou said:

You're saying he's a runaway?

I think the previous owners were named Tommy and Gina.  Tommy finally got his six string out of hock after the union got the strike at the docks ended.  With regular employment, some overtime, and Gina's tips from the diner, they treated themselves to a new garage floor.

I’m going for the industrial look with mine.  Concrete in various shades of gray with accents of oil stain, paint splatters, and some saw dust sprinkled in the corners. 
Same. I think the epoxy looks cool, but do you lose the garage smell? Every oil spill tells a story.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:58 PM, Tonesky said:

Recently done through builder for under $4/SF.  He used Xpedite Coatings (Houston).

On 8/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, fattyflattie said:

How did it come out? Pics?   That’s huge delta in what Ive been seeing, and wife is all over my ass about it. 

Came out great.  The garage is full of boxes etc from moving, but i have these two photos I took a while back. 

Epoxy 1.jpg

Epoxy 2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...