Uber vs Lyft

SDG

I don't know if Uber is hiding drivers from the riders, or if they are hiding riders from the drivers on the app but something is going on.   I know for a fact there are drivers within a mile of me who are waiting for a ding but they don't see me and i don't see them.  Instead my only options are drivers fifteen to twenty five minutes away and for much higher than what I used to pay.  

I don't know if Uber is hiding drivers from the riders, or if they are hiding riders from the drivers on the app but something is going on.   I know for a fact there are drivers within a mile of me who are waiting for a ding but they don't see me and i don't see them.  Instead my only options are drivers fifteen to twenty five minutes away and for much higher than what I used to pay.  

Uber has always bullshitted users in both directions. In the early days, we opened the app while driving in downtown Tulsa. The app showed a dozen drivers within blocks and two directly in front of us. There wasn’t actually an uber driver within miles. They bet on you hailing a ride because drivers are shown nearby but the driver that selects you is always miles away.

45 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Uber has always bullshitted users in both directions. In the early days, we opened the app while driving in downtown Tulsa. The app showed a dozen drivers within blocks and two directly in front of us. There wasn’t actually an uber driver within miles. They bet on you hailing a ride because drivers are shown nearby but the driver that selects you is always miles away.

This is the exact bullshit that got me to switch from Uber to Lyft a few years ago. It still happens with Lyft, but not nearly to the same extent. 

On 8/17/2022 at 3:57 PM, DallasHorn26 said:

What makes it worse, is they don't start paying the driver until the passenger is in the car. There usually isn't much incentive for a driver to go pick someone up that's 20 minutes away unless they know it's going a decent distance.  

And worse than that, that’s when I tend to see the dangerous driving i mentioned unthread.  Hopping from place to place around the city, normal drivers with no issue. 45 min ride to the airport, 100mph because they need to make time for additional rides.