Youth Football Coach Shot and Killed by Aquib Talib's Brother

cmontexas

Does this go in Little League Parents Gone Wild? 

Mike Hickmon was the football coach for the South East Dallas Wolverines who was shot by former NFL player and North Dallas United coach Yaqub Talib. He and his brother Aqib Talib led the team. Local fire department responders performed CPR on their way out of the field.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I know someone who coached the Talibs in their younger days.  I asked anout them one time and received a less than glowing report about their character.  I would say more, but since a poster is apparently tangently related to them, I’m afraid they would show up at my house and shoot me.

Just wait until after they apprehend him. 

43 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I know someone who coached the Talibs in their younger days.  I asked anout them one time and received a less than glowing report about their character.  I would say more, but since a poster is apparently tangently related to them, I’m afraid they would show up at my house and shoot me.

Go on...

47 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Russillo had Aqib on recently. He seemed normal enough. Granted he got paid and doesn't have to engage in hood shit. 

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

9yo football.  JFC

i just don't get the need to win or 'be right' in youth sports as an adult fan/coach.  

Our local softball fields are next to the football fields.  The cops have been called to the football fields I can’t tell you how many times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Lulz. Its not exactly a well guarded secret that Aqib was a kind of a POS. As a Broncos fan, I was pissed off when we signed him and happy to hear we traded the dude. It had nothing to his ability to play football (he was damn good at that).

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Don't really give a fuck who knows the Talibs but history says are pieces of shit and have been since berkner. I have met and hung out with Mike through mutual friends cookouts in East Dallas Always a good dude and no one ever deserves to die at a youth football game 

I'm also sure they prayed before the game 

This is a good take on this particular subject.

People are just assholes. There was a recent story about a cop roughing up the opponent kids during the post game hand shake. 

Not excusing this but it looked like shots were fired when multiple people were attacking a dude. No idea who was whom in the video. Maybe self defense? 

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

My kid sat down on the field during youth soccer. Of course, I'm gonna yell at him. What kind of fucking hyperactive rat sits down during the middle of the game? Join the scrum like all of the other shits.

how old is the kid we're talking about? i coached youth soccer for 5-6 year olds. it was a fucking miracle just having them know which goal to try to score on. one of our leading scorer scored as many goals for as against. dude saw a goal, he was kicking a ball at it. don't matter, got goal.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Not excusing this but it looked like shots were fired when multiple people were attacking a dude. No idea who was whom in the video. Maybe self defense? 

Self-defense is not an excuse for why someone brought a gun on the field of a 9-yo football game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, deadshank said:

What is the psychology of shooting another man to death over pee wee football?  

Enlighten me. 

Hood pride gangster crap.  To quote myself from another thread ...

here

Yeah the movies are cool, but the obsession/worship is too much for some.  The worship of white gangsters from history and movies is a huge part of black gangster culture, and has had a big impact on black on black crime.  Without the gangsters to show them how, violence would not have accelerated at the rate that it has in those neighborhoods.  I think i'm probably as blood thirsty as the next guy in my entertainment pursuits, but I'm glad it hasn't devolved into fascination and/or worship.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

People are just assholes. There was a recent story about a cop roughing up the opponent kids during the post game hand shake. 

Self Offense?

• Rage+1 4

37 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Self Offense?

Yeah that's not self-defense. The guy initially had a flag pole or some kind of stick, but at the time he was getting shot he was running for his life. It appears to me some of those rounds struck him from behind. That's murder 

Edited by Cornpop

Naturally I thought the dude doing the shooting was the dude getting jumped. Didn't cross my mind that one of the jumpees would then also shoot the dude already getting jumped. What the fuck. These Talib dudes do not belong in civilized society. Just kill them now. Fuck due process.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, Samson's Wig said:

The same psychology that drives idiot parents to yell, spit, punch, swear, etc. etc. etc. at youth sports everywhere.  It transcends economic class, race, education level, you name it.  The psychology is simple: a lot of people are terrible fucking morons who only take up space and contribute nothing of substance to the world.  And these people are likely to procreate and force their children into sports whether they want to be there or not.

If you want to absolutely hate humanity, go ump little league games for a season or two.  I couldn't have been happier when my son decided he was done with baseball so we could get the hell away from those people.

Any adult who actually cares about the outcome of a youth sporting event to the point they have a visceral emotional reaction, whether it's a tee-ball game or a high school football game, should either seek professional help or do the rest of us a favor and disappear from society.  Yelling at a youth sporting event is like holding up a flashing neon sign that says, "I'm an emotional toddler trapped in a grown up body and present a very real threat to those around me.  It all stems from the fact my dad never really loved me and didn't care that I knew it.  Also - my own kids hate my guts but I'm too stupid to see it." (EDIT TO ADD: It's a big sign.)

Most parents are bad judges of their kids’ ability, and most get emotional. More parents act poorly than do not, believe me. You cannot equate this very normal, yet irrational behavior with those that would not only bring a gun to a 9 yo sporting event but actually use it. Yet you just did equate them.  Believe me, more parents have visceral reactions and yell at games than do not.  It takes a special kind of thug to bring a gun to a game.

This guy ought to get the death penalty and Aqib ought to go to prison for aiding and abetting. These brothers are scum of the earth. 

4 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Hood pride gangster crap.  To quote myself from another thread ...

here

Yeah the movies are cool, but the obsession/worship is too much for some.  The worship of white gangsters from history and movies is a huge part of black gangster culture, and has had a big impact on black on black crime.  Without the gangsters to show them how, violence would not have accelerated at the rate that it has in those neighborhoods.  I think i'm probably as blood thirsty as the next guy in my entertainment pursuits, but I'm glad it hasn't devolved into fascination and/or worship.  

Um, no. 

4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Anyone who played sports and grew up or around North Dallas in the last 15 to 20 years knows the Talibs are and always have been absolute pieces of shit. There's a story on a DFW sports message board about a father pulling his son off the Talibs team awhile back because Aqib "showed off" his pistol to his team. That's right, a supposed coach and role model showed off his gun to a bunch of 9 year olds. They're pure  trash and I don't care who on here is kin to them. 

There's another video floating around the internet showing a different angle where you get a clear shot of what happened. Not only was it 4 or 5 guys beating Mike down, but Yakub or whatever the fuck his name is, inexplicably pulls out his gun as Mike struggles to gain balance after being beat down by a bunch of dudes and Yakub straight up murders him. As far as I'm concerned every last one of those dudes beating that guy down should go to jail. Fuck 'em.

Yup. Just shitty ass people. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1