Youth Football Coach Shot and Killed by Aquib Talib's Brother

cmontexas

Where exactly is that part of Lake Highlands?  Give me a couple of intersections.  Because worst area in the metroplex is a little over the top.  I graduated from Berkner, live on the west side of Richardson currently, and my sister lives walking distance to LHHS.

Having grown up there and graduated from LH he either has to be talking about Forest Lane between Greenville and Abrams area (which yea is somewhat rough but not somewhere I would characterize as harshly as it was) or perhaps Walnut Hill (Kingsley) around 635 or Audelia Heights (neither even close to warrant the hyperbole).

Or he thinks Five Points goes to LH (they do not)
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t disagree with that point, but the Talibs are kind of a special case.

Exactly.  Context and background.  Especially when certain people get money or power it can amplify the gangster wanna-be inside them.  The success doesn't change them for the better.  They are what they were.  No growth.  All they have left in a world of former friends and peers who have grown and matured, is the gangster fantasy that lives inside themselves.  Gangster doesn't mean hood.  It doesn't mean the person came from a shitty high school, or neighborhood.  

The video.  Classic boys/boss take-down.  I didn't watch the video and don't need to.  The boys beat up/incapacitate the victim, and then the boss takes the last shot.  When there is someone they're going to jump, everyone knows their role.  The muscle softens them up and the boss does the finishing move.  If one of the lower guys would have done it, the boss would have let that person know that it wasn't their role.  This is talked about and known (planned) among a "gangster crew".  It's strategy, and Is repeated among lots of different races and cultures.  This shit isn't new.  

2 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

The video.  Classic boys/boss take-down.  I didn't watch the video and don't need to.  The boys beat up/incapacitate the victim, and then the boss takes the last shot.  When there is someone they're going to jump, everyone knows their role.  The muscle softens them up and the boss does the finishing move.  If one of the lower guys would have done it, the boss would have let that person know that it wasn't their role.  This is talked about and known (planned) among a "gangster crew".  It's strategy, and Is repeated among lots of different races and cultures.  This shit isn't new.  

Are you a cop?  Because you have to tell us if you are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

sure, but this idiot who i quoted was specifically responding tho this question:

"someone explain to me the psychology of a person who shoots and kills someone over peewee football."

pronghorn's "oh it's just that hood gangster crap" is blatantly racist, completely stupid, and just straight up wrong. hence the example(s) cited.

to essentially say that only "hood gangster" aka black people are capable of acting this way is fucking retarded

c823e56a-772c-4974-a122-981ea0757cc5-tex

Should I have prefaced my reply to the question by mentioning that the perps is black?  Keep in mind the context.  If you're going to assume that "hood pride gangster crap" is racist, try to be a little more relevant to the conversation than just accusatory spitter spatter.  It seems like you might have some good points to make.  Come back when you're ready to make them. You're posts are almost incoherent.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Having grown up there and graduated from LH he either has to be talking about Forest Lane between Greenville and Abrams area (which yea is somewhat rough but not somewhere I would characterize as harshly as it was) or perhaps Walnut Hill (Kingsley) around 635 or Audelia Heights (neither even close to warrant the hyperbole).

I don't think that is lake Highlands but Audelia  was pretty bad when I lived there over 10 years ago. 

the area  along forest, skillman/audelia, north of 635 is always in the running for the most dangerous area of dallas.  Was definitely the most dangerous area 10 years ago.  Has lead the area in murders multiple years.  Definitely not a regular suburban area.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

That area over behind the Cheddars at 635 and Greenville always seemed sketchy to me, but I’ve never had any reason to venture back in there.

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

This is incredibly stupid. You should watch the video. There was no cohesion or “boys/boss” dynamic going on. It was a bunch of idiots ganging up on someone, and the biggest idiot pulled out a gun, to the surprise of pretty much everyone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

The Lake Highland HOA or whatever they call themselves now absolutely considers those areas Lake Highlands and was pushing their weight around on owners with Liens trying to get rid of those apartments.  The area I'm talking about is The Forest, 635, Audelia area.  That's not hyperbole.  That was considered the most dangerous area of Dallas statistically pre-covid and had the most murders several years in a row.   There was a gang that owned that place.  Kids call it The Nawf.   That Lake Highlands organization I was talking about was actively trying to erase that area from the map when they were pushing the rebuilding of the Skillman/Audelia/635 interchange rebuild.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

North across from big Mama's chicken and waffles. That places goes hard btw 

This is the exact area.  Interesting that even people in Dallas don't realize how bad that area is/was and the nature of a lot of it.  Not trying to get off topic, as I don't know where the Talibs come from, but just illustrating some of the areas in Richardson ISD are as bad as anywhere as far as crime goes.  Its not an excuse, just that it does exist.

I did a ride along with a delivery driver over off Audelia. When we got to the first stop he turned to me and said "You can go ahead and write me up 100 times for not honking when we pull up to these stops because these mfers over here will shoot us".  I told him idgaf about him honking. Nobody ever really fucked with him though he was a fat old white guy. Last I heard he got off that route. 

I've been to almost every area and street in DFW (sans Pleasant Grove/far east Dallas areas) and Stop Six or West Dallas is the worst Ive seen

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This is incredibly stupid. You should watch the video. There was no cohesion or “boys/boss” dynamic going on. It was a bunch of idiots ganging up on someone, and the biggest idiot pulled out a gun, to the surprise of pretty much everyone. 

Exactly.  Of course it’s chaotic on the video.  Is it your contention that because you “can’t see it on the video” that there is no order to who does what?  

11 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

North across from big Mama's chicken and waffles. That places goes hard btw 

It does.  That area certainly wouldn’t make my list of places I want to live, but it is surrounded on all sides by decent to good neighborhoods. Get north of Forest on Audelia and that’s an above average neighborhood.  Everything east is commercial.  Go south on Audelia and once you get past Royal you are back into decent homes.  South on Skillman there are a few sketchy apartments surrounded by pretty good real estate.  I used to party at those apartments on Audelia back in high school.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Lake Highland HOA or whatever they call themselves now absolutely considers those areas Lake Highlands and was pushing their weight around on owners with Liens trying to get rid of those apartments.  The area I'm talking about is The Forest, 635, Audelia area.  That's not hyperbole.  That was considered the most dangerous area of Dallas statistically pre-covid and had the most murders several years in a row.   There was a gang that owned that place.  Kids call it The Nawf.   That Lake Highlands organization I was talking about was actively trying to erase that area from the map when they were pushing the rebuilding of the Skillman/Audelia/635 interchange rebuild.

Looks like South Dallas has taken back the title

516601a6b5a443359fb1d3ec2fc4b3b5.jpg

d37d9ccecaaf68bdc210b47e6ea4b276.jpg
488fa3a16c87393e47ce20334ef7273c.jpg
caff611e4605c8496395fffad4ae511e.jpg

10 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Exactly.  Of course it’s chaotic on the video.  Is it your contention that because you “can’t see it on the video” that there is no order to who does what?  

My contention is it was a bunch of short tempered morons attacking someone and there was no planning or order involved. You’re giving these guys way, way too much credit. 

I generally agree with what you’re saying.  But it’s possible that this was just yet another beat down, that ended in one of the head guys finishing the job.  I assume the Ray Lewis video, if there was one,  might have a similar chaotic feel to it.  

Edited by PRONG HORN

Audelia/Forest is where the majority of Hurricane Katrina refugees were sent in Dallas. The apartments over there are gladiator academies where young criminals hone their craft. Their activities bleed out into nearby neighborhoods like Lake Highlands.

Fortunately there are a lot of young homeowner families that have moved back into Lake Highlands. This violence crapola in the apartments with alley burglaries and robberies in Lake Highlands is being addressed by younger homeowners taking a stand. It's getting better. It will take awhile.

Five Points/Vickery Meadow is completely third world now. Scenes from Mogadishu. There are some weird unexplained things that you can see on Melody Lane, Ridgecrest or even at the nearby Wal-Mart.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

You had me up until that last comma. I'm sure more than a few of those guys were not surprised at all by what he did

5 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Audelia/Forest is where the majority of Hurricane Katrina refugees were sent in Dallas. The apartments over there are gladiator academies where young criminals hone their craft. Their activities bleed out into nearby neighborhoods like Lake Highlands.

Fortunately there are a lot of young homeowner families that have moved back into Lake Highlands. This violence crapola in the apartments with alley burglaries and robberies in Lake Highlands is being addressed by younger homeowners taking a stand. It's getting better. It will take awhile.

Five Points/Vickery Meadow is completely third world now. Scenes from Mogadishu. There are some weird unexplained things that you can see on Melody Lane, Ridgecrest or even at the nearby Wal-Mart.

I lived in a couple places in the 635 area because it was really close to work in the early 2000’s. A really nice place at the “ok” end of Buckingham near 635 and off of Forest and 635 for about a year. Never had a problem at either place but I’m sure it’s bad now. 

Crossing over 635 on Forest isn’t bad that I can remember at least until you get to the 5 Points area. Shocked the city hasn’t figured out a way to shut down the apartment complexes in that area. They did shut down a few at one point but could do so much more. 

I’d take Berkner over N Garland or Garland High. Naaman Forest seems nice and of course JJ Pearce is the pride of RISD. 

39 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

That area is also home to a favorite dive bar of mine.

King’s X.

I was literally about to post at the end of this thread that we should all meet up and continue this conversation at King's X.   For those that haven't been it's fantastic.   Wendy pours em strong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It's the exact same impetus, just carried farther.  Any adult who gets upset enough to yell and scream at a youth sporting event is a douchebag at best, and is most likely in need of intense therapy.  It's a continuum, and Talib is on the extreme end of it.  Don't kid yourself though, if you're one of the jackasses yelling at refs, kids, your own kid, or other parents at a youth sporting event, then you have a lot more in common with Talib than with the sane  parents cheering for their kid and just hoping they have a good time and learn a thing or two that can translate to real life.  Having umped, refereed, coached, and sat in the stands as a parent at thousands of these events I completely agree that more parents than not act poorly.  It's not because they're emotional about their kid (what a load of crap that is - if they cared about their kid at all they wouldn't act that way), it's because more parents than not are complete pieces of shit.   Trying to justify their behavior with the "at least they didn't shoot somebody" defense is ridiculous.

Or maybe you associate with a poorly managed league. I don’t see any of that garbage in our current league.

10 hours ago, Skipper said:

I was literally about to post at the end of this thread that we should all meet up and continue this conversation at King's X.   For those that haven't been it's fantastic.   Wendy pours em strong.

Ever read the story of Don Nelson and the King's X? I can't find it now. Old story about how he would go hang out there when he was the Mavericks coach. He loved it there because no one gave a shit who he was. A drinking hole of a bar. Loved the story.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Skipper said:

Damn.  Haven't thought about that place in years.  

1 hour ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Ever read the story of Don Nelson and the King's X? I can't find it now. Old story about how he would go hang out there when he was the Mavericks coach. He loved it there because no one gave a shit who he was. A drinking hole of a bar. Loved the story.

Mentioned a bit here. https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2015/06/09/lake-highlands-dads-bought-a-great-little-dive-bar-kings-x/

Some guys from the neighborhood bought it several years back and I've been going since (we live relatively close by).  The Ticket did a show from there last year and I've seen Corby (who also lives in this neighborhood) there several times and have given him shit about non-stop OU talk.

What a sad story.  I don't know if this crap varies by sport, but we had one kid play at a high level in soccer and it seems we were absolutely blessed to always be aligned with clubs that didn't have shitbag parents.  There were a few minor incidents, and in every case the coach chewed out the offending parent afterwards.

I mean, I get it, you want your kid to succeed, but there is an over-arching duty as a parent to teach, and acting the fool on the sideline is extremely counter-productive.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

It’s sad. I’ve been around the little league circuit a long time and this is something we could’ve stopped 10 years ago,” said Jarmaine Milliner, who played football with Hickmon as a kid and coached in Deion Sanders’ youth football and baseball organization for years.

“They need to have games at stadiums instead of fields where you just walk up to it. They need metal detectors, and they need real police officers. The leagues can afford it with all of the fees they charge. They need to stop being cheap.”

Fucking sad indeed.  9-year-and-under league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 11 months later...

A North Texas man pleaded guilty to murdering a youth football coach during a game in Lancaster last year.

Yaqub Talib was sentenced to 37 years in prison for the shooting death of 43-year-old Michael Hickmon on Monday as part of a plea agreement. 

https://www.fox4news.com/news/aqib-talibs-brother-yaqub-to-be-sentenced-in-youth-football-murder-case

On 8/18/2022 at 9:24 AM, Skipper said:

Mentioned a bit here. https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2015/06/09/lake-highlands-dads-bought-a-great-little-dive-bar-kings-x/

Some guys from the neighborhood bought it several years back and I've been going since (we live relatively close by).  The Ticket did a show from there last year and I've seen Corby (who also lives in this neighborhood) there several times and have given him shit about non-stop OU talk.

Took this picture there a couple months ago. Nice little bar with good prices. First cigarette machine I've seen in 30 years

PXL_20230603_030728324.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

God, what a fucking sad story. Such a waste 

My son asked to play left field for a few innings on the last two games of the season. He was denied. I suppose I should have brought a gun and shot his son to keep it real.

Missed opportunities I suppose.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, rantanamo said:

the area  along forest, skillman/audelia, north of 635 is always in the running for the most dangerous area of dallas.  Was definitely the most dangerous area 10 years ago.  Has lead the area in murders multiple years.  Definitely not a regular suburban area.

If 75 is terrible my wife will come down Abrams to get home and stop at that Walmart at Forest if she needs anything. She was telling her office staff that one day (most Hispanic or black, all hourly)

Their reaction 

image.gif.2921e99702702b0edf8fa889ee016d57.gif

Yea it was Stony Brook but known as Stony Crook due to crips right across 635 and they ran that area back in the day and it was not a great place. I lived off Audelia and Skillman for a bit and it was worse than Pleasant Grove imo. My weed guy used to live over there and that was the only time I really went

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 1