2022 NFL Eliminator Pool

BigOrange1

$50 entry, winner take all.  new rule this year that a tie does not count as a win - still can't believe it came down to that last year.

here is the link.  password is fuckou

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/nfl-eliminator-challenge-2022/group?id=36d16689-3e72-4371-b4f6-187850433073

hit me up after you sign up and let me know if you prefer to pay via venmo, paypal, cashapp or apple pay.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/14/2022 at 12:48 PM, BigOrange1 said:

$50 entry, winner take all.  new rule this year that a tie does not count as a win - still can't believe it came down to that last year.

https://fantasy.espn.com/games/nfl-eliminator-challenge-2022/group?id=36d16689-3e72-4371-b4f6-187850433073

hit me up after you sign up and let me know if you prefer to pay via venmo, paypal, cashapp or apple pay.

Yea that tie stuff sucked last year and screwed me.  I’ll be in again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Joined.  DM me your Venmo.

I just sent you money via paypal.

we have 20 entrants and 14 paid entrants.  i'll likely be too drunk to figure this shit out tomorrow but here is where we stand as of right now in terms of non-paid entrants:

ESPNFAN9713411496, MAMAYER1, Mirkinosu (1), Mirkinosu (2), Vamos Rams, and one of jwhybrew1/whybrew (have received payment from @Brew for one entry)

5 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

we have 20 entrants and 14 paid entrants.  i'll likely be too drunk to figure this shit out tomorrow but here is where we stand as of right now in terms of non-paid entrants:

ESPNFAN9713411496, MAMAYER1, Mirkinosu (1), Mirkinosu (2), Vamos Rams, and one of jwhybrew1/whybrew (have received payment from @Brew for one entry)

Fixed it, apparently signed up from both ESPN logins I have.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Felt kinda odd about the pick when I made it..  still some hope. 

It was an odd week. I was all set on taking the Ravens, before ultimately switching to the Bungles because they were playing at home. Didnt really like any of the games, tbh. 

jesus christ. bungles had about 15 shots at the end zone, throw a TD to tie it up at the end of the game, and have the goddamn XP blocked. going to OT

In overtime, Bungles miss FG, and now Pitt doinks one off the upright. Crazy fucking game

Edited by Blotto

new rule this year that a tie does not count as a win - still can't believe it came down to that last year.

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Ties don’t knock you out this year, you are still alive!  

Well I'm confused. ESPN does show a green checkmark

BigO did you mean tie does not count as a loss?

2 hours ago, Brew said:
Edited by Hook1997
Stupid NFL overtime rules. I looked at the green check mark and thought we were good still. I looked at last years thread and I guess a tie is a loss. Bullshit I say! Lol

honestly, the issue with ties came up in the final week last year.  we were down to two entrants, 1 lost and one tied, and since espn counted a tie as a win - that guy ended up winning the pool.  that didn't sit right with some of us, so really the rule was put into place to prevent that.

but of course this year there had to be a fucking tie in week 1.  i'm fine letting those who tied continue on and amending the rule to the contest can't end in someone who ties winning it.  i realize that may be a bit unfair to those who had a team win this week, so i really don't know what to do.  i'm out regardless lol.  I'm up to listening to different opinions on this.

Damn I missed getting in on this, shit.

I need a little advice from you smarter bettor types than I.

I'm in a survivor league with about 160 entries and each entry can use a BYE once. I have three entries still alive (thank god New Orleans pulled that win out in ATL) and my last entry is DEN tonight at Seattle. 59 entries were eliminated yesterday and the standings show another 59 as "IN", meaning they all either have Denver, Seattle, or a bye pick. I'm assuming a substantial portion of those are byes with some probably taking Denver. 

Should I play it safe and keep all my entries alive by using a bye on tonight's game or should I be more aggressive and take Denver to keep the future value of that bye and thereby gain an edge on the rest of the field?

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

honestly, the issue with ties came up in the final week last year.  we were down to two entrants, 1 lost and one tied, and since espn counted a tie as a win - that guy ended up winning the pool.  that didn't sit right with some of us, so really the rule was put into place to prevent that.

but of course this year there had to be a fucking tie in week 1.  i'm fine letting those who tied continue on and amending the rule to the contest can't end in someone who ties winning it.  i realize that may be a bit unfair to those who had a team win this week, so i really don't know what to do.  i'm out regardless lol.  I'm up to listening to different opinions on this.

This is the only one I’ve ever seen a tie not count as a loss. Eliminate and move on based on your post #1 in the thread. Doesn’t impact me because I lost straight up on a shitty kicker.

I’ve been in survivor pools for a long time including a couple that pay out $500k+ and I’ve never seen a weekend like this with so many big favorites losing. I think the biggest one I’m in is probably 80% out. Should have bought something a little more fun than a shitty two days of football with that stack of cash.

12 hours ago, Brew said:

This is the only one I’ve ever seen a tie not count as a loss. Eliminate and move on based on your post #1 in the thread. Doesn’t impact me because I lost straight up on a shitty kicker.

12 hours ago, Assman said:

Yeah I don't want to sound like a bitch here, because I am directly affected by your decision, but you made it clear that a tie does not count as a win.  Seems pretty black and white.

sounds good to me.  i'm busy today, but i'll clean it up tomorrow.  i also think there is one entrant that didn't pay (i'm only showing record of 18 paid entrants) so i'll try and sort that out as well.