2022 Fuck Fantasy Football

shadow_operative2.0

Trade offer this morning from guy I just beat this weekend.  He probably has one of the top 3 teams in the league. 2 of the past 3 seasons, I have traded my #1 pick early, so I have the reputation of being willing to wheel and deal, howevah this kind of shit pisses me off:

I give Cooper Kupp, or a Tier 1, Wr1. 41.6 pts scored in 2 weeks.

I get Zeke I wouldn't have drafted him before the 6th round and still feel that way.  He is fucking done. 9.8 pts scored in 2 weeks.

Javonte Williams 16th in RB points. Solid offer, but not for Kupp. 21 pts scored in 2 weeks

Dallas Goedert.  14.2 pts scored

How the fuck do I not just jump all over the opportunity to spread Cooper Kupp's production across 3 positions?  This shit drives me fucking nuts sometimes.

Yeah the multiple guys for one stud makes sense only if you have a stud and then pure trash and the benches are deep enough that waiver wire doesn’t have help. So you’d be better off going 15-10-10 than 20-5-5.

But almost always the offers are like this where they just want to improve their team drastically and expect you to be totally ignorant.

I have Tua and Josh. Thinking about trying to trade Tua to someone with a shitty QB. Also thinking about just keeping him on my bench to fuck with everyone. 

Feel like this is as high as I'll be able to sell him, though. Just not sure anyone's desperate enough yet in week 2. 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

I have Tua and Josh. Thinking about trying to trade Tua to someone with a shitty QB. Also thinking about just keeping him on my bench to fuck with everyone. 

Feel like this is as high as I'll be able to sell him, though. Just not sure anyone's desperate enough yet in week 2. 

I would trade him. He’s not going to start above Josh and you can get a good #2 WR/RB for him this week. 

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Proposing A Gibson for Tee Higgins. STD league.

My current RBs are A Jones, Mixon, J Williams.  My top 2 WRs are McLaurin and Pittman.

Wanting to grab value for Gibson before Robinson returns and feel higgins is an upgrade over Scary Terry. Thoughts?

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

My best friend in the league I'm in has Daniel Jones and Baker as his QBs. Just shot him Tua for Fournette. 

Good luck. The Tua offer may get accepted based on potential upside; however, both trades are a bit lopsided. 

13 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Proposing A Gibson for Tee Higgins. STD league.

My current RBs are A Jones, Mixon, J Williams.  My top 2 WRs are McLaurin and Pittman.

Wanting to grab value for Gibson before Robinson returns and feel higgins is an upgrade over Scary Terry. Thoughts?

1 way or another you need to trade a RB for a WR1 or WR2. Is it a 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 flex league? Higgins is a good guy to target in a standard league. Another option is to try Aaron Jones for Devante Adams or something like that. 

Stupid question amnesty cause I have only done ffl for like 3 years and this the first year I actually drafted and joined a non family league… this friend league 12 team dynasty ppr, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, idp then all the rest. They’ve drafted damn near everyone worth a shit. 

FA is a slug fest so not really an option, leaving only trades. All that to say being offered ekeler for Amon st brown, gabe Davis. Take as is or ask for like a mid low tier like duverney (he has him)? 

I have mahomes, mixon, kupp, Kirk, amari cooper, ASB, with really only Jeudy and GDavis as bench. 

Edited by achooloco

44 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Stupid question amnesty cause I have only done ffl for like 3 years and this the first year I actually drafted and joined a non family league… this friend league 12 team dynasty ppr, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, idp then all the rest. They’ve drafted damn near everyone worth a shit. 

FA is a slug fest so not really an option, leaving only trades. All that to say being offered ekeler for Amon st brown, gabe Davis. Take as is or ask for like a mid low tier like duverney (he has him)? 

I have mahomes, mixon, kupp, Kirk, amari cooper, ASB, with really only Jeudy and GDavis as bench. 

I wouldn’t accept this trade. And, if healthy, Gabe should be ahead of Cooper. 

Counter with Jeudy and Cooper. If that gets rejected, offer either Cooper or Jeudy and Gabe.

You definitely don’t want to give away both ASB and Gabe. 

Edited by HornPhD
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, HornPhD said:

I wouldn’t accept this trade. And, if healthy, Gabe should be ahead of Cooper. 

Counter with Jeudy and Cooper. If that gets rejected, offer either Cooper or Jeudy and Gabe.

You definitely don’t want to give away both ASB and Gabe. 

Hmm, yeah I really do like ASB. Hadn’t even thought of jeudy. This is great, thanks!

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Pick 2 (.5 PPR)... 

Dotson v. Phi
Metcalf v. Atl
G. Wilson v. Cin
K. Allen (Q) v. Jac

I would pick Dotson and DK. If DK is one of your top 2 you aren't going to be able to wait to find out if Keenan Ivory Wayans is playing so pick right now between Dotson and Wilson and there's your answer. 

I have a solution in mind for this, so I'm not bitching.  I just wanted to see how other folks would react.

Last year in Week 17 or so, when 3-4 teams in our league were eliminated from playoff contention, one guy cut all of his players, of which, some were legit starters, of course.  We caught it early and told him don't do that shit again.  Teams that are out of the running are also  told to leave the waiver wire alone, but he attempted to skew the FA market by dumping his team.

Fast forward to this week: Our waivers run Tuesday night/ Wednesday AM and then we have true free agency with regard to unsigned players in the league, aside from those who get roster locked with the game Thursday night.  Same dude from first scenario last year has picked up and dropped two different players.  I did not have interest in them, but other owners might have.  Now they have to wait until Sunday AM to work their waiver order, as opposed to being able to pick up a player immediately through FA.

I warned the guy publicly on the league board. He answered back that we need to add a fee to transactions, which I actually support,  and I said so, but then I also told him that he should bring it up when we prep for next season. We are not changing the rule now, not would it solve for him being squirrelly about it...twice. I told him we don't need a rule for every way someone could be a dick.  That's not how our league works.

Keep in mind we all work together and the league has been in existence since 2001. One of the biggest factors in it being fun is that nobody does this stupid shit.  This guy joined last year. My solution is to suspend him if anything goofy happens again and have the Commish run that team for balance of season.  Just for the bullshit this week, following what he did last season; I want to tell him he's not welcome back for 2023 season when we finish this year.

Reasonable?

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I have a solution in mind for this, so I'm not bitching.  I just wanted to see how other folks would react.

Last year in Week 17 or so, when 3-4 teams in our league were eliminated from playoff contention, one guy cut all of his players, of which, some were legit starters, of course.  We caught it early and told him don't do that shit again.  Teams that are out of the running are also  told to leave the waiver wire alone, but he attempted to skew the FA market by dumping his team.

Fast forward to this week: Our waivers run Tuesday night/ Wednesday AM and then we have true free agency with regard to unsigned players in the league, aside from those who get roster locked with the game Thursday night.  Same dude from first scenario last year has picked up and dropped two different players.  I did not have interest in them, but other owners might have.  Now they have to wait until Sunday AM to work their waiver order, as opposed to being able to pick up a player immediately through FA.

I warned the guy publicly on the league board. He answered back that we need to add a fee to transactions, which I actually support,  and I said so, but then I also told him that he should bring it up when we prep for next season. We are not changing the rule now, not would it solve for him being squirrelly about it...twice. I told him we don't need a rule for every way someone could be a dick.  That's not how our league works.

Keep in mind we all work together and the league has been in existence since 2001. One of the biggest factors in it being fun is that nobody does this stupid shit.  This guy joined last year. My solution is to suspend him if anything goofy happens again and have the Commish run that team for balance of season.  Just for the bullshit this week, following what he did last season; I want to tell him he's not welcome back for 2023 season when we finish this year.

Reasonable?

Not sure I understand why he picked up and dropped two guys. Cock blocking opponent? I think that's fair game. But yeah you should add transaction fees next season and truthfully if someone would have pulled the shit he did last year in my league he would not have been invited back this year.

8 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Do I wait out Herbert and his shot decision for the late games? I grabbed Mariota also in the late slot just in case.

Or...Tua against Buffalo. I'm leaning Tua. 

I have Tua and Wentz.  Leaning Tua also, but (gulp) Wentz has been on fire too.

Lance going down left few options at QB. 

Pick a stack or mix and match

A Rogers + Lazard

J Fields + Mooney 

Chicago seems due for a decent game (hope) against Houston at home. They can’t play much worse and have to imagine Mooney demanding targets after the first two weeks. 

GB plays the tough Tampa D. 

8 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Half PPR. Corey Davis vs Cincinnati, or Robbie Anderson vs New Orleans? 

Corey Davis 11.2 vs 6.4 Anderson on FFToday.

Anderson 8.3 vs 8.0 Davis on FFPros

In a tossup, I usually pick the better offense.

(trailing off) J-E-T-S????

8 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lance going down left few options at QB. 

Pick a stack or mix and match

A Rogers + Lazard

J Fields + Mooney 

Chicago seems due for a decent game (hope) against Houston at home. They can’t play much worse and have to imagine Mooney demanding targets after the first two weeks. 

GB plays the tough Tampa D. 

Bears have been due for a longass time.

I'd lean Rodgers unless you think Fields is going to run a lot.

I feel like Anderson has a much higher ceiling but also a slightly lower floor. I'm up against the biggest shittalker in our league, and my team has been fried dogshit the first two weeks (0-2, and neither have been close), so I think I'm going Davis who seems like a slightly more reliable option based on the small sample size of two weeks, but I am a little nervous about whatever is going on with his knee. 

My only other options are Chase Edmonds and Dontrelle Hilliard, so my choices are limited... 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Not sure I understand why he picked up and dropped two guys. Cock blocking opponent? I think that's fair game. But yeah you should add transaction fees next season and truthfully if someone would have pulled the shit he did last year in my league he would not have been invited back this year.

Most leagues/settings won't allow someone to add/drop in the same FA period to lock a player. Otherwise teams could just go in and pick up all the QBs or defenses or whatever and freeze the whole wire. 

• Hook 'Em 1