2022 Fuck Fantasy Football

shadow_operative2.0

38 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

As much as I despise Kyle Pitts, quite the opposite for my boy Mark Andrews. Fucking beast. 

Andrews had me sweating on that last drive, won by 2.5 points. Also agree on the Pitts point, hasn’t done shit for me

• Like 1

Despite starting Russell Wilson at QB and Everett at TE, I am up on the worst team in our league and  I still have CEH to go tonight.  This was shaping up to be one of THOSE FF weekends where you stumble, trip, snort, and cough to a 10 point loss to someone who doesn't have jack shit on their squad.

Cooper Kupp has been everything I had hoped he'd be.  Nick Chubb has outperformed what I thought he'd do. Holywood Brown has been unbelievably steady since falling out of the starting gate on Wk 1.  Looking pretty good for the Fighting Slorchies just past the Quarter Pole.

Edited by slorch

I still barely know what I'm doing, into season 3 of halfway paying attention to fantasy football. That said, the fact that I picked up free agent Dameon Pierce in week 1 and am in week 2 of Geno Smith after Trey Lance died and I moved past both Matt Ryan and Baker Mayfield has me feeling good. And despite the fact that I didn't start Taysom Hill, I did pick him up a few weeks back when I saw someone let him go. Also dropped that asshole cardinals kicker (who is now apparently dead) for Graham Gano who has been fairly legit.

I declared yesterday that I'm going to start Taysom Hill whenever he's healthy, and I think I need to stick with that choice. It is tough given that my other TE is Goedert, who has been solid. I'm feeling tempted to give up on Drake London and am not pleased with Terry Mclaurin, and only have Michael Gallup on the bench. Maybe I can get a WR. Still firmly at the top of the middle in my league despite a rough start at QB.

lol fuck you

image.png.93b8da57f4a7af2223f5790e674d67a2.png

Edited by Celery Man

also, as you can see/fwiw, the strategy of going RB-heavy and taking an elite QB has been a good one. this will be my first loss in this league, and with 202 points that's something i can handle. i was nervous about my lack of WR's on draft day, but it's worked out great thus far. my bench:

9848B4D9-7ECC-486D-9EDE-EFB3E0347E71.thumb.jpeg.0aedd5454415bc2f4974f41bf24ead68.jpeg

i just drafted/added as many RBs as possible, and so far, so good, even with the rams' backfield being an epic, epic bust. 

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Goddamn, that's a lot of bench spots, not even counting IR. 

yeah, we added spots (bench and IR) both years of covid, and then just decided to leave it that way. there's more talent than there's ever been before, with rookies regularly coming into the league fantasy ready, so we just said screw it and kept it that way.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Had to make a trade. We start 3 wr and 2rbs (.5ppr)

WR - Adams, Lazard, Michael Thomas, Mooney

RBs - Najee, Jeff Wilson, Damon Pierce, Montgomery, K Walker, R White and Etienne. 

Offered Marquise Brown and Chase Edmonds for David Montgomery and Rachaad White 

think I have to take it?

You definitely need to add WR depth and have plenty of RB depth to trade away. I think you can probably do a bit better. Marquise has been really good but how will his role change when Hopkins is back? And Monty is really consistent volume and White is a really solid lotto stash. I'd shop around/counter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2022 at 10:03 AM, TXSooner518 said:

You definitely need to add WR depth and have plenty of RB depth to trade away. I think you can probably do a bit better. Marquise has been really good but how will his role change when Hopkins is back? And Monty is really consistent volume and White is a really solid lotto stash. I'd shop around/counter. 

Ended up pulling the trigger. Thursday night forced my hand. Our league almost never makes trades period. Offers for multiple other options doesn’t even elicit a counter. 

Mooney got me 10 but that TD at the end would have been nice  

I’m just glad I don’t have to watch the Bears anymore 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1