2022 Fuck Fantasy Football

shadow_operative2.0

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

the rams offense is a fucking tire fire. Why did I start Darrell Henderson over just about anyone else? I’m dropping him Tuesday. I don’t think he could get 60 yards and a touchdown against make a wish kids. 

This coming week is the only week I have really kept Henderson on my roster for.  Nick Chubb is my RB1 and the Browns are off in Wk9.  Unless they are just badass players like Chubb or DHenry, I tend to roster players who are starters on good offenses.  Throw in the Cam Akers ordeal, and I was feeling good about having Henderson for depth.

Pfffft.  dude hasn't done jack shit.  Then again, if he does, it needs to be in Wk9.

I need 4 points from Chubb tonight, also.  In case the FF gods are listening.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:59 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Goff. Not because he’s good but because he’s proven he can win you a week. Most of his weapons should be a go as well

opponent shoved a horseshoe up his butt and picked up Mariota as a bye week starter against me.  ~28pts which was double the yahoo estimate lol.  Still should get the W as long as his TE and D don't combine for 45 tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posting this here to get some advice and feedback from you assholes on how to proceed with a very unique situation....

I was contacted by my long-time league commissioner on Tues Oct 15th that one of our league mates had passed away tragically the previous weekend. He was a close friend of a few of my league members and commish and I offered my condolences etc and didn't really think too much about the ff ramifications for obvious reasons but the commish was contacting me to let me know that he was just going to "let his team ride as is." I  was stunned to hear the news because his death hit close to home as my best friend past away in April in similar circumstances and it kinda took my breath away. I wasn't exactly in the frame of mind to say "here's what I think you should do as commish...."

I remember thinking to myself that the obvious answer was to keep his team as is and make starting adjustments based on CBS projections but I didn't feel comfortable saying that at the time and simply offered my condolences for the loss of his friend and deal with less important shit later. His team wins wk 7 98-76 with Dalvin Cook on his bench for his bye week (a switch he made) and now we get to week 8 and lo and behold his team still has Cook on his bench with an injured Zeke Elliot at RB1 andJeff Wilson at RB2. Also, his starting QB is Herbert on bye while he has Jimmy G on his bench.

His team lost 130.3-94.6 with two goose eggs at QB and RB1.  He obviously would have started both Dalvin and Jimmy G had he been alive to make those decisions, and he would have won by almost 11 pts. 

Seems to me that this is a result that should be retroactively changed in my league as it is a no-brainer what he would have done had he not died and imo his opponent should not get the benefit of a win just because he wasn't around to change his lineup or have the commish do it for him. 

What do you think and what is the best way to handle his team going forward?

Edited by Gourmand

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I doubt it will get retroactively changed, but someone (preferably not the commish) certainly needs to run it from here on out. Surely there’s another mutual friend of the group that can make lineup decisions for the next 6 weeks. 

Yeah I have a couple of work buddies I was thinking of hitting up for it. 

Still, this week's result is complete bullshit to me. The guy had Dalvin Cook (his #1 pick) on his bench because he was on bye when he passed away and then Herbert on bye this week. It's a no-brainer that he would have had Cook and Jimmy G in his starting lineup as those were his only options to offset bye week issues and injuries. It's not even arguable.

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

but someone (preferably not the commish) certainly needs to run it from here on out

my immediate thought when he told me the news was that his starting lineup should at least be determined by the CBS projections and not just locked in place at the time of death

I agree any breathing owner would have started them, but it should have been brought up earlier. Jimmy played at 3:25, no one in the league checked live scoring & noticed Herbert was still in? 

I’d argue it too, but probably won’t go anywhere. Just make sure you check that dude’s lineup each Sunday morning just like your own now. And use the league message board, so anything you find questionable is time-stamped. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

agree any breathing owner would have started them, but it should have been brought up earlier. Jimmy played at 3:25, no one in the league checked live scoring & noticed Herbert was still in? 

You are right about that, and I agree but I wasn't looking at any other matchups but my own and between work and family and shit it's easy to miss that. I definitely thought about using CBS to manage his team when I heard the news but I honestly didn't think it appropriate to bring up the minutiae of our ff league rules or whatever and just thought we'd deal with it later. Mea culpa, I could have been more direct in my concerns but I didn't think that was the time to bring it up and because week 7 was set by him I didn't look at week 8.

Make the lineup according to projections.

As far as fairness is concerned, what about the games played earlier in the season?  Why are those owners penalized for playing the team prior to the tragedy?  Why should teams now benefit?

Obvious question is screaming:  Is the commish on the remaining schedule for the dearly departed's squad?

Anyone else taking a chance on Nyheim Hines to BUF, as they look to bolster their pass catching from the RB position?

Also, depending on your bench; I feel like Elijah Mitchell- SF is a sleepr for rest of season.  He wasn't scheduled to return until W10 at the earliest, but SF is a solid offense and CMC is basically made of glass.  Depends on your depth and after this week, I'm through most of my BYES, so I took the shot.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Anyone else taking a chance on Nyheim Hines to BUF, as they look to bolster their pass catching from the RB position?

Nah I think it's fools gold unless Singletary goes down. He's going to help more in real life than fantasy football, unless you are in a 14 team ppr league.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 9:47 AM, ocugolf said:

Have a 500 dollar keeper league. You get to keep one player at where you drafted him the year before. We won last year so we have pick 12. Options to me are Mark Andrews as a 4th (pick 37) or Michael Thomas as a 7th (pick 84). Both are good value. Jameis can push the ball downfield. It’s just if Thomas can stay healthy. Andrews may get a ton of targets with Hollywood Brown gone. Also could keep Devante Adams as pick 12. 

On 9/2/2022 at 8:25 AM, Scraps said:

Keeping someone who will be on the IL 3/4ths of the year seems bad 

Hi34 lol

17 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, Goederts target share and Hills boom or bust results make Goedert the safer play week to week imo

Goedert has been really consistent - I think only maybe 1 week where he was a 2 point bust. But Hill has actually been fairly consistent too. 2 bad weeks. I think you’re right but I don’t think it’s quite feast or famine with Hill. At least in standard scoring.

84088517-2025-4247-B578-817816BB05B3.thumb.jpeg.3302ad2a21ba77c05a15d5e84caa423d.jpeg9BED7F51-7D5B-427B-A995-2F02BDB772DD.thumb.jpeg.b2e01e28430bce062b126008e71b983e.jpeg

20 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

So is Keenan Allen

He is so damned productive though, until he isn’t…

Definitely get where you’re coming from, his career is riddled with injuries and shit; but when he’s on, gd he’ can light it up.

I'm in a Guillotine league where the lowest-scoring team each week literally gets kicked the fuck out of the league. My current bench is... 

Dak
Saquon
Pollard
Aiyuk
Chase

That's it, no extra slots or IR. So now with Andrews dead, I have to drop one of those 5 just to field a complete team this week when we're already projected as 2nd-lowest. Do you cut Aiyuk or Chase? 

I have changed my answer 5 times when trying to type my reply. 

Rodgers - high floor, now or never for a big game, but has had 2TD floor all year

Fields - you are simply betting on his ground game only. Any passing is gravy. 

Well, my toddler distracted me and I wasn’t able to change QBs in time.

Thank god because Fields has 32 pts with the 4th qtr to go.

I can’t believe Rodgers is so bad this year.
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Well, my toddler distracted me and I wasn’t able to change QBs in time.

Thank god because Fields has 32 pts with the 4th qtr to go.

I can’t believe Rodgers is so bad this year.

Nice. I was fully expecting to see this response…

20C4B961-0AC4-443E-9533-88DF360463C6.jpeg.f8558a2e5a3540ab91dcfdcb18479802.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2