He should have stayed at Wyoming

The Virginian

6 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I was bummed out to learn WR Neyor sustained a season-ending injury at the latest Texas scrimmage. Karma? Perhaps he should have stayed in Laramie. Hope he's recovered by next year when the Pokes visit Austin.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Negged.  You're a Virginian in Wyoming posting on a Texas board?  Honestly didn't even know you guys were on the schedule.

• Haha 1

I really don't even understand this sentiment.  Neyor was really productive at Wyoming; I don't know why a Wyoming fan wouldn't wish him well.  It's not like he went to a conference rival or anything.  He went to a place where he would make real NIL money and have a greater chance of being drafted when the time comes.

If he were to succeed at Texas, it would actually help Wyoming's recruiting.  They could point to him as a guy who shows that you can have a great football path that starts in Wyoming.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't be cheering for him.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, The Virginian said:

I was bummed out to learn WR Neyor sustained a season-ending injury at the latest Texas scrimmage. Karma? Perhaps he should have stayed in Laramie. Hope he's recovered by next year when the Pokes visit Austin.

5 hours ago, The Virginian said:

It begs the question why he wasn't recruited by Texas right out of highschool? He had to prove his worth on the High Plains before the big boys would give him a chance. I concede that "karma" was a poor word choice. Bad luck is more like it. I hold no animosity towards him, he obviously was a very pleasant surprise as he emerged as a very dangerous deep threat his second year in Laramie. And I concede that once he got wind of P5 interest it was in his interest to leave Wyoming's run-first system. On the other hand, had he stayed, I believe he'd have he same kind of visibility with the NFL that allowed Josh Allen to be drafted in the first round out of Wyoming.

Negged for that Tapa signature.  That's perhaps the most annoying one yet.  What the fuck is a "moto g power" and why isn't the name capitalized?  

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Negged.  You're a Virginian in Wyoming posting on a Texas board?  Honestly didn't even know you guys were on the schedule.

Maybe he can't read a map like this girl 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Virginian was a solid poster on shaggy. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and think he chose poorly with the word karma as he admitted in the follow up. Plus Wyoming fans hate byu with the heat of a thousand suns  so they always start off on the positive ledger with me.🤷‍♂️

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, The Virginian said:

It begs the question why he wasn't recruited by Texas right out of highschool? 

I can make a compoundword out of anything as well.

Neyor was a 2 star with offers from Incarnate Word, Henderson State, Wyoming, and Western Illinois.  There is your answer. 

How is that karma? Any time a player betters his situation and gets hurt it is karma?  
I've acknowledged that karma was a poor choice of words. And I apologize. I still reserve the right to be disappointed that he showed no loyalty to the school that believed in him and gave him an opportunity to excel, leaving for a school that didn't take him originally, but put out the red carpet once he showed he was legit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

Just now, The Virginian said:

I've acknowledged that karma was a poor choice of words. And I apologize. I still reserve the right to be disappointed that he showed no loyalty to the school that believed in him and gave him an opportunity to excel, leaving for a school that didn't take him originally, but put out the red carpet once he showed he was legit.

Better get used to being disappointed for many offseasons to come, bucko. 

7 hours ago, The Virginian said:

Impressive that you were able to dodge a coat hanger for as long as you have

11 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

I bet the number is 95%+ of people who got out of college left their first job for something better.  Where is the loyality?

Also, why arent you bitching about the transfer in players at Wyoming from USC and Alabama?  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

BaggyImprobableAppaloosa-max-1mb.gif

36 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

Wow, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but no more. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I bet the number is 95%+ of people who got out of college left their first job for something better.  Where is the loyality?

Also, why arent you bitching about the transfer in players at Wyoming from USC and Alabama?  

Exactly this. He had an opportunity to work elsewhere for more current money and at least equal potential future money. He took it just like 99% of people would. 99.99% when you factor in moving back home. 

39 minutes ago, The Virginian said:

You need to reconcile yourself to Wyoming's place in the college-football world.  

It's like when Vince Young decided to forego his senior year and declare for the NFL draft.  Sure, we all would've selfishly preferred he stay at Texas.  But playing in the NFL is a step up in a football player's career over playing in college, so it's understandable.  And we all cheered for Vince and hoped for his success.  The last thing we would've done is cheer any injury.

Wyoming is a step down from Texas in the same way Texas is a step down from the NFL.  I understand that you selfishly would want Neyor to stay at Wyoming.  But at the same time, you do understand that it's a good career move for him, right?

It's not a question of "loyalty."  There is no "loyalty" anymore--this is a fucking J.O.B.

But if Wyoming can prove itself as a place that can develop players to put them in position to transfer to Alabama or Texas or Ohio State, then that's the same as Texas putting players in the NFL.  It's great for recruiting.  And with that kind of help, Wyoming can contend for conference titles.

But fuck, man--it's not like he transferred from Texas to Oklahoma.  Texas and Wyoming aren't in the same league.  Good for Neyor for getting the opportunity to step up.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, The Virginian said:

angry will ferrell GIF

2 hours ago, The Virginian said:

Wtf is a moto g power?  Are you posting from your daughter’s phone?

6 hours ago, The Virginian said:

All I can assume is that you haven't been paying attention to the transfer portal, or that you are blinded by love of your school. Lots of kids moving around and each of them think they are moving to a better situation.

6 hours ago, pops said:

The Virginian was a solid poster on shaggy. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and think he chose poorly with the word karma as he admitted in the follow up. Plus Wyoming fans hate byu with the heat of a thousand suns  so they always start off on the positive ledger with me.🤷‍♂️

Count me as surprised at all this.

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Damn y’all are harsh

really?

the guy showed up sometime in 2008/2009 on Shaggy because we were going to play in Wyoming in 2009.  He was a poster who didnt post much and he was clearly proud of his team.  He gave us insight into a school 99% of us didnt know anything about. 

Until this morning he was exactly the kind of non-UT poster we want on this site. 

Then, he basically comes on here and crows about a current UT player having a season-ending injury like he deserved it or some shit because the player had the temerity to transfer from Wyoming to Texas. 

I personally didnt neg the post because historically hes been a good poster, but he clearly hit a nerve.

130+ folks told him to go get his fucking shine box and GTFO.  and frankly he deserved it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wyoming fans are fiercely loyal. And a Saturday night game in Laramie is as much fun as you can have at a college football game. And I'm sure it sucks to see the new reality. Especially when kids went to Wyo for 50 years with a chip on their shoulder because byu or utah or Colorado state  didn't recruit them. Like I said,  benefit of the doubt.