Tim Burton’s Wednesday (Addams Family, Netflix, Catherine Zeta Jones)

atomheartbevo

I love Luis Guzman, but this could be a tough role for him following the iconic Raul Julia. I'm also weary of Tim Burton doing this one. I'll never forgive him for the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka. What a crime of a movie. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because I love the Addams family and Guzman. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I love Luis Guzman, but this could be a tough role for him following the iconic Raul Julia. I'm also weary of Tim Burton doing this one. I'll never forgive him for the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka. What a crime of a movie. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because I love the Addams family and Guzman. 

Raul Julia?  That role is and always has been John Astin. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Willy Wonka didn't piss me off as much as Dark Shadows. That could have been epic.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Raul Julia?  That role is and always has been John Astin. 

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

With that said, the original cartoon looked nothing like Astin (and Charles Addams drew the thing for 50 years up until 1988):

Charles-Addams-A-Cartoonists-Life-cover.

I'm just here for Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia.

Also, the original cartoon was far darker than the TV show or films.

There’s one person conspicuously missing from the family photograph—Uncle Fester. Where is he? Who is playing him?  

That’s going to be kept secret a little longer. “We have no comment on Uncle Fester,” Gough says. “Watch the show.”

and

On March 21, 2022, it was announced Christina Ricci, who played Wednesday Addams in the 1991 film and its 1993 sequel, was cast as a series regular

Bring on cousin It.
In 1970 my then teenage girlfriend (and now bride of five decades), petite and slender beauty with long straight blonde hair, could transform herself into cousin It in mere seconds by bowing her head, casting those long, lovely tresses forward, then putting on a pair of octagonal granny glasses. Then came the trademark gibbering It nonsense “language” and the transformation was complete.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Bring on cousin It.
In 1970 my then teenage girlfriend (and now bride of five decades), petite and slender beauty with long straight blonde hair, could transform herself into cousin It in mere seconds by bowing her head, casting those long, lovely tresses forward, then putting on a pair of octagonal granny glasses. Then came the trademark gibbering It nonsense “language” and the transformation was complete.

Simpsons Thats My Fetish GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Bring on cousin It.

It’s Itt. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Underdog said:

Looks fantastic imo, Julia > Astin.  

Nonsense. John Astin rules. He’s still alive and kickin’ at 92, btw. He was great in guest appearances in other shows later on, too, like in Night Court and Mad About You. And while I’m totally down with CZJ as Morticia, Carolyn Jones will always be the original.

C6B68A47-CBA7-450F-B1D4-CC46423A1BA2.png.54b2bb4d7729a41b5f80707ef3f11dab.png

I’ve posted this quote before but it still kills. I’m posting it from memory so I might not have it exactly right. It was from an episode where Jones played a dual role as both Morticia and her sister.

MORTICIA: Gomez, do you know what the penalty for bigamy is?

GOMEZ: Yes, two wives!

:D

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• 1 month later...

First episode exceeded all expectations.

I was expecting some quirky comedy like the original but it's nothing like that. Not a comedy at all.

If anything, it's more like Harry Potter, a lot like Harry Potter. I think this will be a popular series.

Edited by ajax
  • Hook 'Em 2