Hotdogs

Armybrat

6 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

Hot dogs are processed?!?!

All joking aside, the engineering that went into the machinery is pretty freaking cool.  300,000 dogs processed per hour.  That's insane.

But yea, there's a reason I don't eat hot dogs.

Simpsons Hot Dog GIF - Hotdog Hotdoggifs - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

The real comedy is millennials who will line up for hours to pay $18 a lb for the exact same stuff processed in the back of a repurposed transmission shop on a rusty old Hobart.  As long as its sold to them by a hipster douche with a man bun and handle bar mustache who claims to know where Bossie and Arnold lived before they were slaughtered. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The real comedy is millennials who will line up for hours to pay $18 a lb for the exact same stuff processed in the back of a repurposed transmission shop on a rusty old Hobart.  As long as its sold to them by a hipster douche with a man bun and handle bar mustache who claims to know where Bossie and Arnold lived before they were slaughtered. 

This is an odd take.

now there's a man who's found satisfaction in his work

funny thing about the germans and czechs and all their neighbors, they like to spiralize or splay the hotdogs/frankfurters and serve them on a dish with sides as if it was something fancier than its humble origins.  cmon, just own up to it, its a goddamn hot dog.

x7ClEyuN.gif

I don't care how they are made, they are delicious.  The Tour 18 in Houston has the best hot dogs I've ever had.  I look forward to playing there just so I can get a couple of hot dogs at the turn.  You gotta die one day anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcbc said:

Black Cat Lounge.  Early 90s.  Free hot dogs.  $1 ice cold cans of PBR.  Pretty good Thursday night.

goddamn I miss that joint. All things considered, it was probably my favorite place on sixth. Cheap beer, good shows, and those hippy chicks

Primary view of object titled '[Soulhat Performing at Black Cat Lounge]'.

Soulhat in '91. Hell, for all I know was at this show. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, squib said:

I worked at a huge hog farm in south Texas when I was I high school. We likely had 5,000 hogs any given day. Every Friday, we would sell a big pen of market hogs (roughly 240 pounders) to a packer out of San Antonio. Next to the loading chute we had a pen for the “sick hogs.” When you have 5000 hogs, you are going to have about 20 every week that want to die of something—and sometimes some nasty shit where the hog is all pussed up or bleeding out of all orafices.  Anyway, after the good hogs were loaded, the packer would buy the sick hogs for pennies on the dollar.  The only stipulation: they had to be alive when we loaded them—like stick-a-mirror-under-their-nose alive. I learned to drive a Bobcat skid steer by loading nasty hogs in a bucket and depositing them in a trailer. 

I asked the driver one time what they did with those hogs.  He said “grind’em into hotdogs.”  No idea if that is true.  But what is fact is that I ate a delicious All American dog from the Sonic in Post today coming back from the lake. Hot dogs are a gift from the gods. And a noble end to a pussed piglet. 

big trouble in little china fox GIF

I love hot dogs of many types, and enjoy the regional unique takes across the country. I like em charcoal grilled, friend into burnt weinies, out of a dirty water cart or off a roller grill at a QT.

My dads favorite was Guy’s Big Orange in Texarkana. Serious snap, great chili, steamy soft bun. We’d stop there driving back to Memphis.

I like dogs in Chicago but almost always go Maxwell St Polish. In NYC I love Papaya King. In Jersey they make these zippers with these huge dogs deep fried until they rip open. They are great. In Atlanta I like slaw dogs with chili. Love Pink’s in LA. Ted’s coney islands in Des Moines are killer.

Tom’s Diner in Arlington has fantastic char grilled chili dogs.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I love hot dogs of many types, and enjoy the regional unique takes across the country. I like em charcoal grilled, friend into burnt weinies, out of a dirty water cart or off a roller grill at a QT.

My dads favorite was Guy’s Big Orange in Texarkana. Serious snap, great chili, steamy soft bun. We’d stop there driving back to Memphis.

I like dogs in Chicago but almost always go Maxwell St Polish. In NYC I love Papaya King. In Jersey they make these zippers with these huge dogs deep fried until they rip open. They are great. In Atlanta I like slaw dogs with chili. Love Pink’s in LA. Ted’s coney islands in Des Moines are killer.

Tom’s Diner in Arlington has fantastic char grilled chili dogs.

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

goddamn I miss that joint. All things considered, it was probably my favorite place on sixth. Cheap beer, good shows, and those hippy chicks

med_res
Soulhat in '91. Hell, for all I know was at this show. 
One of my favorite bands.

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Best hot dogs on the planet 

0FA00CA7-9D97-4CF7-82E9-6D7480379761.jpeg

This one gave me a laugh.  Not because I doubt their tastiness, but because of the label.

"Gluten free.  No by-products, corn syrup, or fillers."  Geez, this is practically health food.

I went and looked at the ingredients.  At least beef is the 1st ingredient I guess.

Beef, water, dextrose, salt, spices, sodium lactate, garlic, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, paprika and extractive, sodium nitrite

1250mg sodium, 12g saturated fat per dog

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have always been particular about my wiener.  A wiener should be well-tended.  It should be kept clean.  Presentation is important.

Penis.

Since you didn't mention it, I gather you aren't particular about where the buns come from?

• Hook 'Em 1