MF thieves

Shaddie

On 8/17/2022 at 11:44 PM, tx 3 putt said:

my buddy's Toyota convertor took 5 months to get it right, good luck 

Details please. 
I’m buzzed but there seems to be some after market models available. Will join a Tacoma forum tomorrow and ask that question. 

I have 30 days car rental from insurance and 27 days from personal rental so basically 2 months free. 

If available in after market I will put it in and sell it. Just have to time the market right so get a decent price and buy new vehicle at decent. Just hate I spent about 2k in after market upgrades. 

34 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Details please. 
I’m buzzed but there seems to be some after market models available. Will join a Tacoma forum tomorrow and ask that question. 

I have 30 days car rental from insurance and 27 days from personal rental so basically 2 months free. 

If available in after market I will put it in and sell it. Just have to time the market right so get a decent price and buy new vehicle at decent. Just hate I spent about 2k in after market upgrades. 

long wait for the part. he goes and picks it up, the truck did not sound or run correctly. took the shop sometime to get all straight. his truck was parked in his company's gated / locked garage. 

On 8/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, Shaddie said:

Well it has happened. 2020 Tacoma catalytic was stolen last night. 
6-8 weeks for new one because they are stolen so much. 

Truck is in Austin so any Toyota techs or managers here that might make the wait a little shorter. Truck is at Round Rock Toyota. 

I would definitely make it worthwhile 

@Shaddie I just checked Rock Auto, and they have them in stock for a 2020 Tacoma.  Several to choose from. 

16 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Details please. 

Have you inquired about selling it without the cc?

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

@Shaddie I just checked Rock Auto, and they have them in stock for a 2020 Tacoma.  Several to choose from. 

Definitely have found some after market ones. Can’t find out if that will void the warranty though. Also doing some more reading on the after market and they don’t seem to last very long. 

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Thought about that but I will lose too much money even if I buy a new vehicle from the Toyota place  

Let patience be your virtue.    As you likely know,  Tacoma's had a top resale value even pre covid and will continue to do so.   Plus you mention your upgrades.

Any info on the Tacoma forums ?   May want to check with other dealers even out of area, out of state to perhaps get a more definitive answer/solution.   Would let the dealer do the work if still under warranty.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:41 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

They aren't stealing them so they can put them in other cars (wouldn't be a shortage of them otherwise). It's all about the precious materials inside.

I'm thinking that painted or VIN# parts are simply sent to another level, they take them apart before selling off the precious metals. these rings are very organized 

• 5 months later...

By KVVU Fox 5 Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS, Nevada — The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile had to make a pit stop on Friday after thieves targeted the iconic vehicle.

The catalytic converter on the 27-foot-long hot dog on wheels was stolen, according to Joseph Rodriguez with Penske Trucks.

According to Rodriguez, his team at Penske helped give the vehicle a temporary repair so it could get back on the road.

Rodriguez said staff at Penske near West Hacienda Avenue and South Decatur Boulevard sealed up where the catalytic converter had been cut.

The iconic vehicle was back on the road and able to make it to its first stop of the weekend.

By KVVU Fox 5 Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS, Nevada — The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile had to make a pit stop on Friday after thieves targeted the iconic vehicle.

The catalytic converter on the 27-foot-long hot dog on wheels was stolen, according to Joseph Rodriguez with Penske Trucks.

According to Rodriguez, his team at Penske helped give the vehicle a temporary repair so it could get back on the road.

Rodriguez said staff at Penske near West Hacienda Avenue and South Decatur Boulevard sealed up where the catalytic converter had been cut.

The iconic vehicle was back on the road and able to make it to its first stop of the weekend.

Seen this at Buccees about 5 days ago.

d42a02e6fe2e173e507bf988edd39415.jpg

Dude was just coming home from work at 5 am to support his large family. 

A car burglar fired multiple shots at an Arlington resident early Tuesday, killing the business owner and father of seven.

Two suspects were in the neighborhood trying to break into parked vehicles when the victim drove up to his home after work around 5 a.m.

One suspect was in the man’s driveway and was trying to hide, Arlington police said in a news release. When the victim pulled into his driveway, the shooter brandished a handgun and fired several times, striking the homeowner.

The suspects fled the scene while the resident was pronounced dead in his vehicle.

The victim, a 36-year-old man, was identified by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office and his family as Ali Ismail.

Ismail owned a trucking company, Panda Logistics LLC, a family member told the Star-Telegram. He studied business and information technology at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and transferred to the University of Texas at Arlington when he moved to North Texas in 2008, according to Saedeed Jama, a friend and former roommate of Ismail. 

Ismail had six children and one on the way, according to family members. He worked at night and would come home early in the morning, his family said.

Loved ones described Ismail as friendly and hardworking and said he was always “helping his family.”

Arlington police officers responded to the shooting call just before 5:15 a.m. Tuesday at Ismail’s home in the 1400 block of Prentice Street.

When they arrived, officers found the victim with an apparent gunshot wound. Ismail was lying unresponsive in an SUV outside his home. 

Those two shit-fucks have likely been burglarizing cars in the area for about 2 months. 

• Rage+1 3