Finland's Prime Minister.....

Aqua Buddha

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We have old guys in Ray Bans and ill fitting suits.  Meanwhile.....

Why can't we have nice things?

Because America is never going to elect someone in their mid-30's as president. Old People in this country will never elect young people in this country because to be frank, they're too busy trying to make sure their worlds don't change too fast in ways that aren't comfortable for them. Additionally, we've never elected a woman as president, period, so that seems like a milestone we'd have to conquer first before it seems realistic we'd elect a younger woman to be president. Every side would shout that candidate down as inexperienced. Additionally, men here don't like to vote for women in general. Additionally, "average" women here don't like voting for young attractive women for shit. 

America can't have nice things. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

I'd take that leadership over any 80 year old we keep trotting out.

If we just had a limit of 68 or younger to take office for President that would’ve eliminated Trump, Biden, and Clinton… back in 2016. It’s unreal how old all our leaders are.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You had 4 candidates in their 40s and 3 in their 50s run in the 2016 GOP primary and voters chose the 70 year old.  In the 2020 Dem primary, there were 3 candidates in their 30s, 6 in their 40s and 6 in their 50s and voters chose the 77 year old.

When push came to shove, we talk a big game about candidates having the right experience and shit and then bitch about people being too old after the fact. 

There's also the fact that the most reliable voters are the OLDS so they vote for OLD candidates.  

problem with OLD people is that they keep reproducing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Honest question. Why do every generation's OLD people seem like they are all grumpy fucking assholes? It seems like OLD fucks mostly care about keeping status quo no matter how fucked up things are or are expected to become, just so that they can die in peace. The don't give a fuck what they means for their grandkids and their grandkids.

Are we all destined to become selfish pricks?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because America is never going to elect someone in their mid-30's as president. Old People in this country will never elect young people in this country because to be frank, they're too busy trying to make sure their worlds don't change too fast in ways that aren't comfortable for them. Additionally, we've never elected a woman as president, period, so that seems like a milestone we'd have to conquer first before it seems realistic we'd elect a younger woman to be president. Every side would shout that candidate down as inexperienced. Additionally, men here don't like to vote for women in general. Additionally, "average" women here don't like voting for young attractive women for shit. 

America can't have nice things. 

With all due respect, that’s hogwash.

Nobody over 65 should get elected to the WH…. Or Congress for that matter. Likewise, nobody under 40 either.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Honest question. Why do every generation's OLD people seem like they are all grumpy fucking assholes? It seems like OLD fucks mostly care about keeping status quo no matter how fucked up things are or are expected to become, just so that they can die in peace. The don't give a fuck what they means for their grandkids and their grandkids.

because they want the world to be what it was before it moved on without them

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

With all due respect, that’s hogwash.

Nobody over 65 should get elected to the WH…. Or Congress for that matter. Likewise, nobody under 40 either.

It's hogwash, how, exactly? I literally pointed out reasons why old fucks over 65 get elected, and people under 40 don't get elected (to president), and my reasoning is hogwash...why, exactly? Even when you and I both think that folks over 65 shouldn't get elected? Which part of my reasoning for why a 35 year old woman would never be elected President of the United States in our current demographic and political climate do you take umbrage with, and  why, exactly?

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

The human brain is not designed for the rapid pace of evolution and change that is currently taking place. We were hunters and gathers for thousands of years. Then we were farmers for thousands of years. We're conditioned for slow change, not rapid change. From Agrarian culture, patriarchy and slavery to the industrial revolution, women's rights, segregation to civil rights, homosexuality, sexual revolution and women in the workplace to transgender, social media, perpetual media stimulus and bombardment, internet and info at a fingertip all in the span of less than 200 years...we aren't built for this kind of rapid societal change and upheaval, and our brains are on fire as a result.

So yeah, old people reject what they don't understand and don't like. It's like my mom refusing to learn how to use a VCR, times a billion. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Americans are willing to vote for younger presidents - Teddy Roosevelt, JFK, Clinton, Obama, etc.  It's weird we've been stuck in this rut for 2 cycles and possibly 3 where there hasn't been a young viable candidate.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's hogwash, how, exactly? I literally pointed out reasons why old fucks over 65 get elected, and people under 40 don't get elected (to president), and my reasoning is hogwash...why, exactly? Even when you and I both think that folks over 65 shouldn't get elected? Which part of my reasoning for why a 35 year old woman would never be elected President of the United States in our current demographic and political climate do you take umbrage with, and  why, exactly?

Plenty of us old farts vote for young’uns & women and don’t like geezers running things. Blaming it all on one demographic is hogwash. Look at all the love that nut Bernie got from the young crowd. Same for Trump. It is a mixed bag, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 7

Probably needs it's own thread but "cost" to buy a foreign citizenship. It appears the real estate qualifies for Minimum Investment. So all you need to do is a buy a house or equal or greater value to MI?

https://www.globalcitizensolutions.com/citizenship-by-investment-guide-2022/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/07/countries-selling-citizenship/

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Plenty of us old farts vote for young’uns & women and don’t like geezers running things. Blaming it all on one demographic is hogwash. Look at all the love that nut Bernie got from the young crowd. Same for Trump. It is a mixed bag, IMO.

Yeah, man, my post was not intended to be absolute in nature. There are women that have been elected. None to, say the highest office. But it only takes a segment of say, 30% of folks, to create a movement away in certain directions that other people have to adhere to for success. See a far rightward shift in the Republican Party. It isn't 100% of republicans that are extremists. It's more like 30%. And yet, what are we seeing in those candidates? Oftentimes the most extreme ones are winning, and moderates are getting kicked the fuck out of office. Plenty of Republicans don't what's happening to their party. And they even speak about it. They're just getting drowned out and kicked out. Ask Liz Cheney. 

There is a VERY large block of people that represent by their actions everything in my original post. Is it everyone? No. It's probably not even a majority. But it's a percentage high enough to ensure a woman in her mid 30's isn't getting elected President of the United States at any point in the near future.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Americans are willing to vote for younger presidents - Teddy Roosevelt, JFK, Clinton, Obama, etc.  It's weird we've been stuck in this rut for 2 cycles and possibly 3 where there hasn't been a young viable candidate.

Americans WERE willing to vote for younger presidents. Not in the current climate. Because the olds in power want to maintain power. They we're comfortable voting for Clinton and Obama when, wait for it, they were the same age as them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Americans WERE willing to vote for younger presidents. Not in the current climate. Because the olds in power want to maintain power. They we're comfortable voting for Clinton and Obama when, wait for it, they were the same age as them. 

Yeah.....we're just gonna have to get through this Boomer shit.  I think we have another 10-15 years before the worm can turn.  I don't like our chances of making it that far.

You can say more of that about the other party that has actually radicalized over the past two generations. JFK would get nowhere with the democrats today.

The repubs have moved some towards the center left, but still retain a lot of the conservative values of the ‘50s (some of which were a part of the democrats’ too).

It seems the hardcore “30%” on both sides of the aisle are overwhelming the traditionalists. Some of it is needed, some not.

I’ve watched a lot of changes in the past 70 years, most are good, but when they are bad, they can be really bad.

getting too CRoomy, so I’ll let y’all have at it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That is a valid point, but I’d vote for a younger person (40-65) if they were capable and not crazy.

Just now, Armybrat said:

That is a valid point, but I’d vote for a younger person (40-65) if they were capable and not crazy.

So would I. And that doesn't even necessarily make us outliers, or even in a minority. But when there's a block of 25-30% of the people for which it's a non-starter, those candidates are completely fucked. 

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

You can say more of that about the other party that has actually radicalized over the past two generations. JFK would get nowhere with the democrats today.

The repubs have moved some towards the center left, but still retain a lot of the conservative values of the ‘50s (some of which were a part of the democrats’ too).

It seems the hardcore “30%” on both sides of the aisle are overwhelming the traditionalists. Some of it is needed, some not.

I’ve watched a lot of changes in the past 70 years, most are good, but when they are bad, they can be really bad.

getting too CRoomy, so I’ll let y’all have at it.

I'm sorry, in the words of the Virgin Mary, come again? How exactly have republicans moved towards the center, much less the left in recent decades?

You're right, the centrists and sane people are getting completely fucked over. But the "radical" side of the democratic party hasn't, you know, repeatedly backed a president who incited an insurrection. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't think that's true but with one data point every four years I don't suppose there's a way to prove it unless/until it happens.

Edited by WBT

2 minutes ago, WBT said:

I don't think that's true but with one data point every four years I don't suppose there's a way to prove it unless/until it happens.

I mean, you can't really prove it factually regardless. But look at the makeup of congress, either house. Does it match the demographics of the entirety of the United States? No it does not. Not even close. So, why is that?

Also, I haven't stated this clearly, the political climate of the last 10 years has changed everything...including the older Boomers getting older and their candidates trending older. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What the hell is wrong with you people? We should be talking about OPP, instead y'all want to yell at clouds. More pics. Fewer quips.

Thank you. We gotta keep our eyes on the prize here. there's 57 other threads we can fuck up by bitching about the olds.

FXPPo09WAAIeSkb?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Yall take that voting analysis bullshit elsewhere and focus in the issue at hand... she's pretty hot, seems fun to hang out with, can pull some strings to get away with some shit, but on the downside she skips leg day. 

For Sure GIFs | Tenor

for sure gifs | WiffleGif