Finland's Prime Minister.....

Aqua Buddha

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Had a bit of swedish dick last time I was over there, and it was pretty choice. 

Okay.

The Scandinavian and Baltic countries, their female politicians have my attention.  And I'm sure I could throw Iceland in there.

Well, Iceland....I do appreciate the PM being named Katrín Jakobsdóttir.

If I had another daughter, she'd have a surname of Atomsdóttir. (well you know what I mean).

• Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Okay.

The Scandinavian and Baltic countries, their female politicians have my attention.  And I'm sure I could throw Iceland in there.

Well, Iceland....I do appreciate the PM being named Katrín Jakobsdóttir.

If I had another daughter, she'd have a surname of Atomsdóttir. (well you know what I mean).

quack quack motherfucker | Big Yellow Duck | Know Your Meme

• Drool 1

Sanna is the best. I am in a relationship with the thought of her.

Parliamentary systems allow surprising people like her to get a chance.  We can groan about our olds, but Sanna  did not win an election for PM.  Her party won 18 percent of the vote and formed a coalition.  She didn’t even lead the SD ticket, that role was a middle aged man. He had to step down after a scandal and the reins of PM passed to Sanna because when a PM steps down, the party remains the lead coalition partner, unless there is a no-confidence vote and the whole coalition collapses. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Having to take a drug test? Incredible that she is getting all this shit. If it were a dude, everyone would be dismissing it as a dude being a dude. 

After some of the stories about Churchill and JFK, the pictures of her partying are pretty tame.  Big double standard, IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I wish the worst thing our leaders ever did was get buzzed and dance on a video

I'll go much further than that: I think it would be a great idea to make it a condition of holding office that you occasionally party like a fucking rock star.  Lame-ass fuckers, GTFO.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Having to take a drug test? Incredible that she is getting all this shit. If it were a dude, everyone would be dismissing it as a dude being a dude. 

Yep, female politicians are held to a much higher standard.  A young female?  Even higher.

A world mostly ruled by old white men is not going to be happy with a young female leader being....young and female. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

“Prime Ministers should never have fun!” is a pretty stupid take. 

Exactly.

Nobody bitches about old dude politicians hunting or playing golf or going to the theater or football games or opera or whatever.

But women’s interests and hobbies - especially young women’s - are always mocked.

Man screams and cries and loses his mind when his team wins a big game = “awwww isn’t that great! He’s such a big fan and look how happy he is!”

Woman goes to a concert and screams and cries and loses her mind = “omg that girl is so crazy and unstable”.

Such as it ever was.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Exactly.

Nobody bitches about old dude politicians hunting or playing golf or going to the theater or football games or opera or whatever.

But women’s interests and hobbies - especially young women’s - are always mocked.

Man screams and cries and loses his mind when his team wins a big game = “awwww isn’t that great! He’s such a big fan and look how happy he is!”

Woman goes to a concert and screams and cries and loses her mind = “omg that girl is so crazy and unstable”.

Such as it ever was.

Well, I mean.....we also think that she's impressively attractive.  I sure haven't felt that way about any US president.  Don't forget that little bit of involuntary misogyny on our part.

26 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Exactly.

Such as it ever was.

counterpoint: we all celebrate it here.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:50 AM, Aqua Buddha said:

We have old guys in Ray Bans and ill fitting suits.  Meanwhile.....

Why can't we have nice things?

I was rewatching this for research purposes...question...wtf is the person in the back blurred out for?  What is this bullshittery?

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Exactly.

Such as it ever was.

So are you telling us you don't act any differently at an Alabama game then you do at a Harry Styles concert? 🧐

Does anybody actually say this?

Ummm, seriously?

All. The. Damn. Time.

Traditionally “feminine” hobbies and pastimes are continually scoffed at.

Find a video of teen girls and women losing their shit at a BTS or Harry Styles concert and I’ll show you a bunch of men laughing at them and calling them psychos.

And women who enjoy traditionally “masculine” hobbies and pastimes are scorned and ignored by men who enjoy the same things, at best, or threatened and harassed, at worst. See, the way the internet responds to female football fans or Gamergate.

If the Finnish PM was a young man doing the same stuff, there would not be this kind of backlash.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

If the Finnish PM was a young man doing the same stuff, there would not be this kind of backlash.

If by backlash, you mean a bunch of middle-aged men on Surly furiously masturbating to the video, you'd be correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Ummm, seriously?

All. The. Damn. Time.

Find a video of teen girls and women losing their shit at a BTS or Harry Styles concert and I’ll show you a bunch of men laughing at them and calling them psychos.

And women who enjoy traditionally “masculine” hobbies and pastimes are scorned and ignored by men who enjoy the same things, at best, or threatened and harassed, at worst. See, the way the internet responds to female football fans or Gamergate.

I guess. My ex-wife was a big concert goer so I guess it never really stood out as odd to me.

My daughter has 3 older brothers and grew up doing the same things they did. She can ride a dirt bike, rides a 4 wheeler, plays multiple sports, watches football and baseball with me and is into rodeo. I don't see it as masculine activities, she just has a streak of red neck in her.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Ummm, seriously?

All. The. Damn. Time.

All that hates gonna burn you up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1