How much do you pay for siriusxm?

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Let us know what you do… I’m about due to start the calls again myself

Well, since I'm impatient went ahead and used the chat function.     Pretty painless.   Got $7.78 a month (each) for 2 cars.    Tried for the 5$ + tax deal that I had last two years but he typed that this was best available offer.    Did "guarantee" my rate would stay that for next renewal.   Made a note in my file (rolls eyes).

Whole thing took about 15 minutes  (no human interaction) so I will consider that my win for the day. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

My plan has 4 radios, and expires on 12/27.

I called in a week prior to that, told them I was thinking about canceling.  After a few minutes, they came back with $7.99/month per radio, before taxes and fees.  On their website, they had some promotion going on for $6.99.  I figure what the hell, badger the person that there was a cheaper rate on their site, he puts me on hold and comes back with $5.99 per radio before taxes and fees, plus keep the app access, Stern, etc.

So, I'm at $28 per month or so for 4 radios.  I figured that was a pretty good deal

• 7 months later...

I just singed up for 2 years for $4.99 per month.  I only have the one radio in my car.  It works out to $6.09 after taxes and fees.  It auto-renews at $17.99 per month after the two years is up, but I have a reminder set to cancel a few weeks before that.   

Edited by idigTexas
OU sucks
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

SiriusXM signed the Jason Bateman podcast for $100m for 3 years.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/29/media/siriusxm-smartless-podcast/index.html

I have to wonder if SiriusXM is preparing for a world without Howard Stern. I believe his contract goes through 2025 when he will be 72. I don't even think SiriusXM is worried much about ratings for a podcast like this. It's all about retaining subscribers and telling them about all of the great content they have for subscribers.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:31 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have to wonder if SiriusXM is preparing for a world without Howard Stern. I believe his contract goes through 2025 when he will be 72.

Sirius/Stern has his catalog back to 1986, so they probably could run repeats ad infinitum and it would still draw an audience.

Honestly now wondering why they haven't done that.  

11 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I gave em the boot last fall. Tired of the hassle every renewal. Anything they’re playing, on the stations I listen to, I have on my phone with better quality already anyway. Plus I don’t have to hear songs I don’t want to. 

I'm getting there quickly. Feels like I spend so little time in my car and I can easily find podcasts or music on my phone.

I'm committing to cancelling it at the next contract end date in July. At least give myself 6 months to see if I miss them at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Feels like I spend so little time in my car and I can easily find podcasts or music on my phone.

Exactly why I said fuck it. At that point, I hadn’t even turned it on in months.

I set up playlists on the phone, flip one on, and go. 

They announced a week or so ago that they’ll no longer credit back unused subs if you call mid cycle to cancel.

Make sure you don’t miss your renewal dates! In fact, I’m thinking my next renewal I’ll just immediately cancel. It will stay on til that date and then auto terminate to force me to call in and ask for the new deal

Here it is

What's Changing?
Audio Subscription Plans are becoming Non-Refundable, and we are updating when changes you make to your Audio plan will take effect.
Non-Monthly Subscriptions (quarterly, semi-annual, annual renewals)
• If you cancel or change your subscription within 30 days of your initial purchase or renewal charge, your subscription is eligible for a pro-rata refund if requested.
• Cancellations or changes after such 30-day period will take effect at the end of your paid subscription term and are not eligible for a refund.
• If you decide to upgrade your service after such 30-day period, we will change your plan upon request and apply a credit toward your future renewal charges. No refunds will be given for any non-refundable plan.

Monthly Subscriptions (month-to-month renewals)
• Monthly subscriptions will be non-refundable, unless they are cancelled within the first 7 days of your initial purchase.
• If you cancel a monthly subscription after such 7-day period, your subscription will continue through the end of your already paid subscription term.
• Any changes to your subscription will occur at the end of your already paid term, except if you decide to upgrade your service for additional programming, which change will take effect immediately.