This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

If you know the history of OU and Texas going back to Dodds and Donnie Duncan it was far from little bitch, helpless OU following UT around. 

If OU isn't currently a little bitch, then pay your Big XII exit fee and let's ditch this conference at the end of the 2022-23 athletic year.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

If OU isn't currently a little bitch, then pay your Big XII exit fee and let's ditch this conference at the end of the 2022-23 athletic year.

OU has the funds.  It’s been discussed ad nauseum.  OU and UT both are chill and waiting for B12 to be forced to let them go for free or a lot cheaper.  Relax 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Zeus said:

Lulz you are totally insane bub 

I have some family in Gainesville, with ties to the football team, followed them my whole life.

Born and raised in Texas, went to Texas, graduated, and lived in Austin and Galveston ever sense. 

You can keep calling me Florida man, Chicago man, but it won't make it true.

Score some points? 

They did follow Texas my dude, and yes it's got a lot to do with money. 

Well I’d rather be Chicago man vs Oklahoma man so thank you for that at least.  

And agree to disagree.  Anyone that knows the history can tell you OU isn’t Texas bitch.  On the field, or otherwise.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Well clearly when I don’t want to talk about something, I take out my handwritten notes and have everyone verify my thoughts are true as I keep talking about what I don’t want to be talking about. 

Nobody is gonna miss watching that dude take a big runny dump down his pant leg every November against OU. Not one soul.

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Saw where Gundy said something like "when OU decided to follow Texas and the money"....

Always Texas's fault. Poor little bitch always bullied by big bad Texas.

Um, that's a dig on OU. How was it not glaringly obvious? And unsurprisingly, twitter doesn't spread the dozens of times he's addressed this that he understands the money and that this is a business and doesn't fault people for business decisions. Even yesterday he said he likes Joe C and respects him (despite his snarky bullshit comment which he later backed off of a little).

Like every OSU fan on here and 80% on the OSU boards, we're not mad at OU and Texas for doubling their income and acknowledge we would do the same in a heartbeat if offered, but lament the system that has created these monumental incentives that have killed so much of what we loved about college football, including rivalries. The SID probably told him it was blowing up and he needed to address it, so he did, and he did so as honestly as he ordinarily does, with a nice little dig at OU. It is what it is, Bedlam will be played again after some time but likely won't be every year.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Blinkin Riley can gargle my fucking balls.

And OU leaving the Big 12 DID kill the Bedlam series, just like Nebraska leaving the Big 12 killed the OU/Nebraska series.

Those mouth breathing fucks were beating that drum two seconds after the Nebraska announcement was made... but they are just innocent babes in the woods who have nothing to do with the Bedlam series ending now.  Seriously... they can all fuck right off.  Except you, @ChiTownDoc. You're my boy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Aggy killed the Thanksgiving Texas - aggy game when they left for the SEC. OU will kill Bedlam when they leave for the SEC. Sometimes $$$ is more important than history.

However, OSU is being a little bitch about it. They're just pissed that they aren't as important as they thought they were. They aren't taking the SEC rejection well.

Texas still wanted to play aggy. Aggy was a scared little bitch and said no.

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Aggy killed the Thanksgiving Texas - aggy game when they left for the SEC. OU will kill Bedlam when they leave for the SEC. Sometimes $$$ is more important than history.

However, OSU is being a little bitch about it. They're just pissed that they aren't as important as they thought they were. They aren't taking the SEC rejection well.

Ok, Jan .gif

37 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Help me out with this. How, exactly, is OSU "being a little bitch" about it?  Here is Chad Weiberg's quote on it:

“It’s very difficult to predict the future of college athletics right now,” Weiberg said. “Would we have interest? Yes, when the logistics work out, but that appears to be well into the future.

How is this any different than OU/Nebraska finally playing again a decade after Nebraska left the league? It's a completely realistic position, given how P5 non-conference scheduling works.  We currently have home-and-home series scheduled with other P5 schools through 2037.

As for Gundy, yeah he was a little peeved yesterday, but you have to understand that the Oklahoma media has literally been asking him about this off-and-on for a year now. I'm sick and fucking tired of talking about it so I can only imagine how sick he is of talking about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

It's bizarre to me why any OU fan would give a shit if the game ends. I've been told my whole life that we're not a rival so not sure why all of a sudden it would matter.

People love drama.  This is a nothing burger.  This is absolutely nothing like Texas vs aggy.  I wish you all the best and am sorry it had to come to this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

People love drama.  This is a nothing burger.  This is absolutely nothing like Texas vs aggy.  I wish you all the best and am sorry it had to come to this.  

So true.

All of this chatter in the past day is because of a headline that said, "OU, OSU ADs say Bedlam is over" (or whatever it was)... then you read the article and they are both like, "yeah it will be logistically difficult for a while..."... which we already knew, given existing schedules and the fact that we aren't even 100% certain when OU will join the SEC.

The fuck?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

for osu, it makes little sense to keep that game going once ou starts sec play.

historically, this series has been lopsided af and osu is virtually guaranteed a loss each time they play ou, with the occasional win. That extra loss could mean everything - it could keep them from going to a more relevant bowl.

for ou, it's a much better deal to keep the series going. they would get a decently strong win (top 25 ranked opponent) on their resume each year.

if I was osu, I would cancel it, refuse any future matchups and just move forward. I think that is sort of where they are at, too. I don't get a bitch or whiny feeling from that camp at all. nothing like aggys bitch whining sheep fucking ass.

23 minutes ago, redswingline said:

for osu, it makes little sense to keep that game going once ou starts sec play.

historically, this series has been lopsided af and osu is virtually guaranteed a loss each time they play ou, with the occasional win. That extra loss could mean everything - it could keep them from going to a more relevant bowl.

for ou, it's a much better deal to keep the series going. they would get a decently strong win (top 25 ranked opponent) on their resume each year.

if I was osu, I would cancel it, refuse any future matchups and just move forward. I think that is sort of where they are at, too. I don't get a bitch or whiny feeling from that camp at all. nothing like aggys bitch whining sheep fucking ass.

OU fans don't want to hear from now until the end of time that they killed the series when they offered to keep playing it and OSU declined.  You're kind of seeing that play out now.  OU fans also know (or strongly suspect) that at some point down the road, when it's going to be much more difficult to work out, OSU is going to start banging the drum to resume the football series and then they'll claim OU is scared to play them if it takes a while to get it worked out.

Meanwhile, OSU is almost certainly going to want to continue playing OU in everything else, OOC, except in the sport that pays the bills.  

All of that said, I 100% get why Mike Gundy would rejoice to be rid of the series.  OSU is Top 10 nationally in win % over the last 15 years, and the only reason he doesn't have a trophy case filled with Big 12 championships and major bowl appearances is OU.  

20 minutes ago, camel at sea said:

OU fans don't want to hear from now until the end of time that they killed the series when they offered to keep playing it and OSU declined.  You're kind of seeing that play out now.  OU fans also know (or strongly suspect) that at some point down the road, when it's going to be much more difficult to work out, OSU is going to start banging the drum to resume the football series and then they'll claim OU is scared to play them if it takes a while to get it worked out.

Meanwhile, OSU is almost certainly going to want to continue playing OU in everything else, OOC, except in the sport that pays the bills.  

All of that said, I 100% get why Mike Gundy would rejoice to be rid of the series.  OSU is Top 10 nationally in win % over the last 15 years, and the only reason he doesn't have a trophy case filled with Big 12 championships and major bowl appearances is OU.  

OU is the only major program willing to offer OSU a permanent home and home series.  

I like Mike Gundy and think he's a good coach but he's being a bitch.

I went back and looked at their OOC games the past decade and it's a bunch of directional schools and Tulsa.  (They played UA-Pine Bluff last week for God's sake.)  Spare me the "logistics" or whatever.  They can scrap one of those games and play OU.  

One of the fair complaints of Texas and OU was that while they were scheduling good OOC games to improve the TV package, the rest of the conference was scheduling directional schools.  That's why it's hollow now to hear them complain about lack of branding minus Texas and OU.  They had their chance but instead, were playing Missouri State or some shit.  Meanwhile, OU and Texas had to keep playing the 11 am slot.

Now here is a school (OU) that is a major program that is offering them a permanent home and home and they don’t want to do it.  If they were smart, they’d tack on some surcharge to the season ticket package for that.  (In order to buy in the season OU comes to Stillwater, you have to buy the other season or something like that.)  They’ll also get more money from the ESPN package if they play, plus recruiting, plus the local merchants, etc., etc., etc.

Instead, they'll be offering a season ticket package where the big games are Houston and Baylor.  Congrats, Gundy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Today, 9/22 is the 15th anniversary of Gundy’s famous rant. 

The QB he was ranting about, Bobby Reid, thought it was all a bullshit stunt by Gundy based on how he had been treated during his time at OSU.

Excerpt the ESPN Article: 

Or the line of all lines: "Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40! I'm not a kid. Write something about me, or our coaches. Don't write about a kid that does everything right, that's heart's broken and then say the coaches said he was scared. That ain't true!"

After Gundy was done, after he'd stormed out saying, "It makes me want to puke," there was hardy applause. Some fans had slipped into the news conference, and they liked the way Gundy had strutted around, the way he'd defended the kid.

Problem was, no one realized he'd offended the kid.

Reid says he was caught off guard. Here was a coach who'd been burying him and now he was going to war for him? It didn't add up. "At first, everything [Gundy] was saying sounded real and true," Rajika says. "But I'm a believer where there is smoke, there's fire."

In other words, Bobby and Rajika Reid felt info in Carlson's column came indirectly from Gundy or his staff. ("I'd have a hard time agreeing with that," Gundy says.)

In other words, they felt Gundy's rant was fake.

"Honestly, the way I took it, I felt like it was all a front," Reid says. "That it was all a big show. It didn't feel genuine."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=3341578

10 hours ago, camel at sea said:

If it’s an OOC game, it wouldn’t stop Okie State from winning the Big 12. With a 12 team playoff winning the Big 12 will guarantee them a spot and likely a first round bye. Losing to Oklahoma only hurts their chance at an at large spot but so does having a weak ass schedule.

Playing a 9th game against the Big 12 (as we currently do) only adds another loss to the conference. Beating up on Tech, UH, K State, and Kansas will fuck everyone’s SOS especially when compared to the SEC/B1G. The only way to guarantee an at large bid is if they have a single loss to the undefeated champions.

Last year was a great example of how challenging this could be for OSU. The Pokes got the 5th at large bid and Michigan St got #6. OSU beat Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor the first time (only notable because they were champs), and Boise St. MSU beat Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, and Miami. Drop Texas and OU and MSU would clearly be ranked higher OSU drops to the final at large spot. Would 3 loss Iowa with wins over Penn St, Nebraska, USC (hypothetically), and Iowa St (who beat OSU) get the last at large spot over an OSU that didn’t beat Texas or Oklahoma? It’s certainly plausible from where I’m sitting. Replace Iowa or 3 loss Kentucky’s name with Florida, Penn St, USC or LSU and is not just plausible but likely.

The point is just that realistically with the 12 team playoff, most year the Big Ten and SEC will each get 3 teams in and 4 other conference champs will make it. That leaves 2 spots for Notre Dame and/or the 2nd place teams from Big12/PAC10/ACC.

Going back to an 8 game conference schedule and playing 2 P5 OOC games would be an ideal setup for OSU. Play the game you already have scheduled AND Bedlam at the end of the season and minimize conference losses and just copy what the SEC did for the last decade and artificially boost your rankings with the stupid low information voters and public. Scheduling a long term series helps your TV deal and increases your ticket sales. Play an early conference game and save Arkansas Pune Bluff for the week before Bedlam. Oklahoma spends all year going through murder’s row and is all beat up and the table is set for you to take more games than you ever had.

OU going to the SEC could be a GREAT setup for Okie State. If Oklahoma is offering a king term annual series OSU should take it as it may not be there in the future. Rumor on Twitter last week was that Nebraska wanted to book a long term annual series with Oklahoma if Bedlam was truly dead.

18 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like Mike Gundy and think he's a good coach but he's being a bitch.

I went back and looked at their OOC games the past decade and it's a bunch of directional schools and Tulsa.  (They played UA-Pine Bluff last week for God's sake.)  Spare me the "logistics" or whatever.  They can scrap one of those games and play OU.  

One of the fair complaints of Texas and OU was that while they were scheduling good OOC games to improve the TV package, the rest of the conference was scheduling directional schools.  That's why it's hollow now to hear them complain about lack of branding minus Texas and OU.  They had their chance but instead, were playing Missouri State or some shit.  Meanwhile, OU and Texas had to keep playing the 11 am slot.

Now here is a school (OU) that is a major program that is offering them a permanent home and home and they don’t want to do it.  If they were smart, they’d tack on some surcharge to the season ticket package for that.  (In order to buy in the season OU comes to Stillwater, you have to buy the other season or something like that.)  They’ll also get more money from the ESPN package if they play, plus recruiting, plus the local merchants, etc., etc., etc.

Instead, they'll be offering a season ticket package where the big games are Houston and Baylor.  Congrats, Gundy.

I'm not sure whose schedule you were looking at over "the past decade or so" but it wasn't ours.  We've played many more teams than "Tulsa and directional schools." Going back to 2009, we've played the following P5 teams in non-conference:

• Oregon State
  • Pitt (2x)
  • Florida State
  • Mississippi State
  • Arizona (2x)
  • Washington State (2x)
  • Georgia

We've also played a home-and-home with Boise State, which I don't see a lot of P5 teams lining up to do.

Are those all of the greatest teams in the world? No, but it's hardly "a bunch of directional schools and Tulsa"... we've generally had one P5 (or a pseudo P5 like Boise) on the schedule every year for the past decade or so.

Over the next decade-plus, we finish our home-and-home with Arizona State next year and then have home-and-home series already set up with Arkansas (2x), Oregon, Alabama, Colorado and Nebraska. (Yes the latter two suck now but they may have their shit together when we finally play them).

Why should we punish ourselves by putting another really good P5 school like OU on the schedule in any of those years, essentially giving ourselves an 11-game conference schedule?  That would just be fucking stupid, even in the expanded playoff era.

9 hours ago, MrBig said:

The QB he was ranting about, Bobby Reid, thought it was all a bullshit stunt by Gundy based on how he had been treated during his time at OSU.

Or the line of all lines: "Come after me! I'm a man! I'm 40! I'm not a kid. Write something about me, or our coaches. Don't write about a kid that does everything right, that's heart's broken and then say the coaches said he was scared. That ain't true!"

After Gundy was done, after he'd stormed out saying, "It makes me want to puke," there was hardy applause. Some fans had slipped into the news conference, and they liked the way Gundy had strutted around, the way he'd defended the kid.

Reid says he was caught off guard. Here was a coach who'd been burying him and now he was going to war for him? It didn't add up. "At first, everything [Gundy] was saying sounded real and true," Rajika says. "But I'm a believer where there is smoke, there's fire."

In other words, Bobby and Rajika Reid felt info in Carlson's column came indirectly from Gundy or his staff. ("I'd have a hard time agreeing with that," Gundy says.)

"Honestly, the way I took it, I felt like it was all a front," Reid says. "That it was all a big show. It didn't feel genuine."

Yeah i've always hated that rant. He's a fake, grandstanding bitch. He cries all the fucking time about the media, but loves the attention they give him. He loves his status as a sort of "media darling". Fake fuck.

10 hours ago, MrBig said:

The narrative has been that the rant destroyed Reid's career. Reid had been benched the week previous to this post-game rant, and his career was pretty much finished after that. I always found it hard to believe that the rant, while embarrassing for him, somehow ended his career. If he was a good QB, another school would have wanted him. Perhaps he just wasn't good enough.  

7 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

The narrative has been that the rant destroyed Reid's career. Reid had been benched the week previous to this post-game rant, and his career was pretty much finished after that. I always found it hard to believe that the rant, while embarrassing for him, somehow ended his career. If he was a good QB, another school would have wanted him. Perhaps he just wasn't good enough.  

This. That was some whiney hindsight shit from him.

Reid was a decent college QB, but Zac Robinson was just plain better. End of story.

Robinson set school records at QB, spent 3 years on NFL rosters and is the QB coach/passing game coordinator for the Rams now.  Gundy 100% made the right call benching Reid for Robinson.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

If it’s an OOC game, it wouldn’t stop Okie State from winning the Big 12. With a 12 team playoff winning the Big 12 will guarantee them a spot and likely a first round bye. Losing to Oklahoma only hurts their chance at an at large spot but so does having a weak ass schedule.

Playing a 9th game against the Big 12 (as we currently do) only adds another loss to the conference. Beating up on Tech, UH, K State, and Kansas will fuck everyone’s SOS especially when compared to the SEC/B1G. The only way to guarantee an at large bid is if they have a single loss to the undefeated champions.

Last year was a great example of how challenging this could be for OSU. The Pokes got the 5th at large bid and Michigan St got #6. OSU beat Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor the first time (only notable because they were champs), and Boise St. MSU beat Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, and Miami. Drop Texas and OU and MSU would clearly be ranked higher OSU drops to the final at large spot. Would 3 loss Iowa with wins over Penn St, Nebraska, USC (hypothetically), and Iowa St (who beat OSU) get the last at large spot over an OSU that didn’t beat Texas or Oklahoma? It’s certainly plausible from where I’m sitting. Replace Iowa or 3 loss Kentucky’s name with Florida, Penn St, USC or LSU and is not just plausible but likely.

The point is just that realistically with the 12 team playoff, most year the Big Ten and SEC will each get 3 teams in and 4 other conference champs will make it. That leaves 2 spots for Notre Dame and/or the 2nd place teams from Big12/PAC10/ACC.

Going back to an 8 game conference schedule and playing 2 P5 OOC games would be an ideal setup for OSU. Play the game you already have scheduled AND Bedlam at the end of the season and minimize conference losses and just copy what the SEC did for the last decade and artificially boost your rankings with the stupid low information voters and public. Scheduling a long term series helps your TV deal and increases your ticket sales. Play an early conference game and save Arkansas Pune Bluff for the week before Bedlam. Oklahoma spends all year going through murder’s row and is all beat up and the table is set for you to take more games than you ever had.

OU going to the SEC could be a GREAT setup for Okie State. If Oklahoma is offering a king term annual series OSU should take it as it may not be there in the future. Rumor on Twitter last week was that Nebraska wanted to book a long term annual series with Oklahoma if Bedlam was truly dead.

Both of those teams would do that and be happy about it.  OU/Nebraska every year the day after Thanksgiving like it used to be?  Sign me up.  That's valuable TV real estate and OSU is giving it up so they can play Tech or someone that weekend.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'm not sure whose schedule you were looking at over "the past decade or so" but it wasn't ours.  We've played many more teams than "Tulsa and directional schools." Going back to 2009, we've played the following P5 teams in non-conference:

• Oregon State
  • Pitt (2x)
  • Florida State
  • Mississippi State
  • Arizona (2x)
  • Washington State (2x)
  • Georgia

We've also played a home-and-home with Boise State, which I don't see a lot of P5 teams lining up to do.

Are those all of the greatest teams in the world? No, but it's hardly "a bunch of directional schools and Tulsa"... we've generally had one P5 (or a pseudo P5 like Boise) on the schedule every year for the past decade or so.

Over the next decade-plus, we finish our home-and-home with Arizona State next year and then have home-and-home series already set up with Arkansas (2x), Oregon, Alabama, Colorado and Nebraska. (Yes the latter two suck now but they may have their shit together when we finally play them).

Why should we punish ourselves by putting another really good P5 school like OU on the schedule in any of those years, essentially giving ourselves an 11-game conference schedule?  That would just be fucking stupid, even in the expanded playoff era.

Last 10 years below.  Only Florida State is a name brand so one game in 10 years.  Lots of directional schools and Missouri State.  No serious attempt to build even a regional brand but let's let Gundy cry about no one wanting Okie State football games.  Playing OU ever other year would be a gift to that program from a ticket sales and ratings standpoint.

2022:  Central Michigan, Zona State, UAPB

2021:  Missouri State, Tulsa, at Boise (8 pm CST kick)

2020:  Doesn't count

2019: Oregon State (9:30 CST kick), McNeese State, Tulsa

2018: Missouri State, South Alabama, Boise

2017: Tulsa, South Alabama, Pitt

2016: SE LA, Central Michigan, Pitt,

2015:  Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, UTSA

2014: Florida State (solid), Missouri State, UTSA

2013: Miss State (solid), UTSA, Lamar

2012: Savanah State, Arizona, Louisiana 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Last 10 years below.  Only Florida State is a name brand so one game in 10 years.  Lots of directional schools and Missouri State.  No serious attempt to build even a regional brand but let's let Gundy cry about no one wanting Okie State football games.  Playing OU ever other year would be a gift to that program from a ticket sales and ratings standpoint.

2022:  Central Michigan, Zona State, UAPB

2021:  Missouri State, Tulsa, at Boise (8 pm CST kick)

2020:  Doesn't count

2019: Oregon State (9:30 CST kick), McNeese State, Tulsa

2018: Missouri State, South Alabama, Boise

2017: Tulsa, South Alabama, Pitt

2016: SE LA, Central Michigan, Pitt,

2015:  Central Michigan, Central Arkansas, UTSA

2014: Florida State (solid), Missouri State, UTSA

2013: Miss State (solid), UTSA, Lamar

2012: Savanah State, Arizona, Louisiana 

I didn't say we were playing "name brands" every year.  I'm just saying we have been playing P5 schools regularly, so it's a bit disingenuous to say we've only played "Tulsa and directional schools." 

Anyway, the more relevant data points for the discussion at hand (scheduling OU in non-conference) are our future opponents - which I listed above and you didn't comment on.

Should we put ourselves through playing Alabama and Oklahoma in the same year in non-conference? OU and Oregon? OU and Arkansas?  Because that would be pretty fucking stupid.

Edited by oSuJeff97

12 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I didn't say we were playing "name brands" every year.  I'm just saying we have been playing P5 schools regularly, so it's a bit disingenuous to say we've only played "Tulsa and directional schools." 

Anyway, the more relevant data points for the discussion at hand (scheduling OU in non-conference) are our future opponents - which I listed above and you didn't comment on.

Should we put ourselves through playing Alabama and Oklahoma in the same year in non-conference? OU and Oregon? OU and Arkansas?  Because that would be pretty fucking stupid.

You could go 11-1 in the Big 12 and miss out on the 12 team playoff that you’d get into with a 10-2 record with one loss being to a good OU team but sure, replace OU with Missouri State.

46 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You could go 11-1 in the Big 12 and miss out on the 12 team playoff that you’d get into with a 10-2 record with one loss being to a good OU team but sure, replace OU with Missouri State.

JFC. Are you even reading my posts?

We are replacing OU with Alabama, Arkansas, Oregon, etc.  But yeah keep bringing up Missouri State.

2 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

This is the reason Bedlam can’t continue. You guys don’t want to add OU as a non-conference opponent in addition to Alabama/Oregon/Arkansas. 

Florida State doesn’t have a problem keeping their rivalry with Florida going in addition to playing LSU. 

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

This is the reason Bedlam can’t continue. You guys don’t want to add OU as a non-conference opponent in addition to Alabama/Oregon/Arkansas. 

Florida State doesn’t have a problem keeping their rivalry with Florida going in addition to playing LSU. 

It’s just reality, man.  There’s a difference between rivalry games that have been tied to conference play and ones that have been played for decades as non-conference games.

Did OU and Nebraska continue to play after Nebraska left the Big 12?  Did Texas and Texas A&M continue to play after A&M left the Big 12? No they did not.

It’s not like Bedlam is the first conference rivalry series to get fucked by all of this Realignment bullshit. Others will continue to get fucked as this shit show continues. 

So, if the Nebraska rumor is to be believed, OU is basically saying they'll offer up a game on Thanksgiving weekend, which is prime TV real estate.  They're offering OSU first dibs and they're saying no so then OU offers to Nebraska and they jump on it, as they should?

Great work, OSU.  You gave up prime TV real estate to Nebraska and in return, you'll be playing Texas Tech the day after Thanksgiving at 11 am on ESPN+.  

20 hours ago, MrBig said:

Reid was a bitch. He came crawling back a few years later and asked Gundy for an assistant coach job, which Gundy gave him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, if the Nebraska rumor is to be believed, OU is basically saying they'll offer up a game on Thanksgiving weekend, which is prime TV real estate.  They're offering OSU first dibs and they're saying no so then OU offers to Nebraska and they jump on it, as they should?

Great work, OSU.  You gave up prime TV real estate to Nebraska and in return, you'll be playing Texas Tech the day after Thanksgiving at 11 am on ESPN+.  

On behalf of all OSU alumni and fans, we thank you for your deep concern for our well being based on message board and social media rumors.

• Haha 1

So the headlines were about the series ending immediately when OU moves which is a big deal because the game has been played since 1904, and hasn't missed a year since 1909. Can anyone name a rivalry that continued immediately after one team moved conferences in the current era or realignment? WVU v. Pitt only just recently restarted. KU-Mizzou will play a home and home in a few years. Neither are permanent annual games. The OU-Neb annual series ended when the Big 12 split them by division and didn't implement a permanent cross-division game. Nebraska sucking shit after 2000 killed it off for good as peoples' give a shit about Nebraska slowly waned. Bedlam will be played again, just not immediately, and not annually. But hey, the human penis Paul Feinbaum said mean things and I guess he speaks for the secsecsec newcomers too. 

Edited by 'stache

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Texas/OSU should be a front runner for Gameday / Game of the Week if we both take care of business.  I think main competition would be Miss St @ Alabama and UCLA @ Oregon.  If it's a Top 15 matchup, I think our game should be more compelling storyline.

Have a lot of buddies who are OSU grads so I'm flying into OKC and they're scooping me up on their drive.  Looking forward to (likely) the last road trip to Stillwater for a while.  It's also Homecoming so there will be a lot of buzz.

Edited by 40acredropout