This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

33 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

I'm gonna guess there aren't too many woke college football head coaches. 

Even if what you say is true, most are smart enough to not publicly say and do things that cause harsh public backlash and their own players to publicly denounce them as a result. Considering you're one of the fans that rolled up in here lying about it "just being a shirt" and how he "never talks about politics", I'm guessing you're one of the idiots that uses woke as an insult instead of understanding that your platform as a college football coach is not the place to rant about COVID or "wokeness" causing players to transfer.

He's a good coach, but he's a fucking loudmouth dimwit outside of that box and if the truth of that hurts your fee fees, too bad. When you regularly make yourself look about as smart as Jimbo Fisher, then you maybe should re-examine how you handle public spaces.

• Hook 'Em 6

On 12/29/2022 at 12:47 AM, GoPokes83 said:

One conference championship in a generation isn’t exactly the benchmark of a great coach. We have a really nice consecutive winning season streak going, and we always make some middle of the pack bowl game, and that’s more than enough for way too many of our fans. Gundy’s brought us to a level we’ve never had, but we’ve been stalled in the middle of the road for a few years now, and he’s not the guy to get us any further.

“We’ve been stalled in the middle of the road for a few years now.”

Umm… literally 12 months ago we won the Fiesta Bowl capping a 12-win season and finished the season ranked #7.

This year’s team likely would have been playing TCU in the Big 12 title game if it wasn’t decimated with injuries.

The OAN thing is over, he fucked up and remedied it, and other that that fiasco, he has been careful to avoid politics. I think he honestly didn’t realize the touchiness of that particular network and wasn’t in touch with the social unrest during that summer, a nice blind spot for a wealthy white dude living in a small town.  It did somewhat expose that he wasn’t close enough to his players, he talks a ton about delegating and staying out of the way of other coaches except for big picture stuff, and needed to know his individual players better.  But yeah we’ll be fine going forward, we’ll break even in the portal and might end up a little ahead. Hate to lose Sanders but he peaked, time to see what’s up next. 

22 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The OAN thing is over, he fucked up and remedied it, and other that that fiasco, he has been careful to avoid politics. I think he honestly didn’t realize the touchiness of that particular network and wasn’t in touch with the social unrest during that summer, a nice blind spot for a wealthy white dude living in a small town.  It did somewhat expose that he wasn’t close enough to his players, he talks a ton about delegating and staying out of the way of other coaches except for big picture stuff, and needed to know his individual players better.  But yeah we’ll be fine going forward, we’ll break even in the portal and might end up a little ahead. Hate to lose Sanders but he peaked, time to see what’s up next. 

Yeah the OAN thing was a stupid self-inflicted wound. It’s not like Gundy isn’t aligned politically with probably 90% of the head coaches in FBS, but yeah I could see him being so caught-up in his own little world that he wouldn’t know that the OAN thing was a political hot potato. 

Agreed on the second part also. 

The funny thing about gloom and doom right now is that it’s no different than what was going on during the 2014 season. But then enter Mason Rudolph and all of a sudden things are fine. You’re always a good quarterback away from lots of problems going away.

I think if Gundy can land one of the experienced QBs still in the portal and then have either a RS sophomore Rangle or RS freshman Flores go in 2024 this shit show of an injury-riddled season will be a distant memory.

• Like 1

We're allowed to bring in transfers too, and we're doing alright. This portal thing is out of control. I'm all for kids having freedom to do this like everyone else in the real world, but hopefully many of them end up worse off and kids give a second thought to free agency.

he has had a lot of turnover in the coordinator positions lately and I am surprised at some of the hires he has made

you could say that some of the coordinators left for "better" positions, but I really do not see those moves as being significantly better than OkState and the replacements seemed to be more of a reach than OkState should be having to make

Mike does not seem to recruit all that well either IMO compared to what I think he should be able to do and compared to the record he has at OkState and the facilities and overall support....I am not sure why that is either

the interesting thing is they recruit nationally really well as far as players from all over, but they just can't seem to pull in a class that is higher than the mid 30s.....he seems to be killing it in the transfer portal this year though so that could help

he is 9-9 Vs Texas 🤬, but his record Vs OU is shit 🤬.....it will be interesting to see how that plays out with OU leaving to the SEC SEC SEC and Venerables (sp) seeming like he might suck

the portal game can be dangerous, but if he can get to winning 10 games or so consistently and stop the yearly "Gundy game" loss and if OU sucks in the SEC SEC SEC and has to churn through a few coaches to get traction well things could go good for OkState (especially if they can get coordinator consistency and improve some recruiting).....if not OkState might need to look at TCU and make a change popular or not

Edited by ButtFumble

30 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've heard rumors that he's out and that's why all these WR are leaving. Why they haven't announced anything yet is beyond me. They need to do that ASAP.

The rumor is we're looking at someone who's team is still playing. Guess we'll have to see after the NC game. 

Fuck Cale Gundy, if Mike hires him it wouldn't be as a playcaller, and it would be a terrible idea since he's probably have to fire him eventually. I don't want someone who has been a position coach for 30 years as an OC, and fuck him either way. 

48 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

he has had a lot of turnover in the coordinator positions lately and I am surprised at some of the hires he has made

you could say that some of the coordinators left for "better" positions, but I really do not see those moves as being significantly better than OkState and the replacements seemed to be more of a reach than OkState should be having to make

Mike does not seem to recruit all that well either IMO compared to what I think he should be able to do and compared to the record he has at OkState and the facilities and overall support....I am not sure why that is either

the interesting thing is they recruit nationally really well as far as players from all over, but they just can't seem to pull in a class that is higher than the mid 30s.....he seems to be killing it in the transfer portal this year though so that could help

he is 9-9 Vs Texas 🤬, but his record Vs OU is shit 🤬.....it will be interesting to see how that plays out with OU leaving to the SEC SEC SEC and Venerables (sp) seeming like he might suck

the portal game can be dangerous, but if he can get to winning 10 games or so consistently and stop the yearly "Gundy game" loss and if OU sucks in the SEC SEC SEC and has to churn through a few coaches to get traction well things could go good for OkState (especially if they can get coordinator consistency and improve some recruiting).....if not OkState might need to look at TCU and make a change popular or not

Not sure about that first sentence. Dunn has been OC for a while. Knowles was here for a few years and took the Ohio State job last year. Not exactly a lateral move, especially since they're paying him $2M a year, something we probably couldn't do even if we had a donor. He's a northeast guy anyway, he wasn't going to be a lifer at DC at OSU. I sort of hope for a new OC, but we'll probably lose Pressley too since he's dating Dunn's daughter. At this point, it'll be a different team next year, and like I said, we're pulling from the portal too, so I'm not on the Chicken Little train as though we'll go winless next year. I think we'll proably be 6-8 wins, with a chance to do significantly better depending on if we pull a good portal QB or our incoming guy is a stud. Big ifs. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

I'm also surprised when local media goes in on Gundy, as if they don't know him very well. He's super friendly and open when we're doing well, and super grouchy and curt when we stink. It's been pretty consistent with him for at least the last 10 years. Some coaches are assholes 24/7 and nobody cares, they only care here because it changes for Gundy with the status of the program. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Ha, the rumor I saw was Cale. There's only 2 teams left playing, not sure who we could be looking at.

Cale would be a bad idea. Once you're hit with a "racist" tag- there's no coming back. It will be used against you by every program regardless if it's true or not.

43 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

Oklahoma State might be done. Is there anyone left on offense? QB, RB, and all their WRs are transferring lol. I think Gundy is disappointed that no team has hired him away at this point. He doesn't seem like a good fit for the Transfer Portal/NIL Era

Nope. And its killing our program. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, 'stache said:

We're allowed to bring in transfers too, and we're doing alright. This portal thing is out of control. I'm all for kids having freedom to do this like everyone else in the real world, but hopefully many of them end up worse off and kids give a second thought to free agency.

It sucks too because anytime you bring up the fact that Bryce Young made more playing at Alabama this year than Trevor Lawrence made as an actual pro, and that hey maybe we should reign this in a little bit so things don't get even more out of whack, you get accused of "oh i guess you don't think players deserve to be paid, you must love slavery", etc.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/4/2023 at 2:17 PM, Pokoloco said:

We are going to be the guaranteed W on everyone's schedule for a while. 🤬

On 1/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, 'stache said:

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We're doomed I tell ya! Dooooooooomeeeddd!

18 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

I always say this, but this time it's frealz.

It's bad enough we have to listen to you fuckers with the whole "whoa is me", "we are terrible", "you will win convincingly" horseshit during gameweek every fucking year.  Now you're going to subject us to it the whole fucking offseason.  Right up until kickoff of next season's game when the check to the refs clears yet again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, nunna yo bizness said:

It's bad enough we have to listen to you fuckers with the whole "whoa is me", "we are terrible", "you will win convincingly" horseshit during gameweek every fucking year.  Now you're going to subject us to it the whole fucking offseason.  Right up until kickoff of next season's game when the check to the refs clears yet again.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:06 PM, lemonandaturd said:

After Texas and OU leave for the SEC, which Big 12 team is going to get fucked in Stillwater on a regular basis by the Big 12 referees?  Some team will.  Probably TCU.  

Well that’s why we are losing all our players, Gundy stupidly spent all the NIL money on the refs and Dapper Dan

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

If everyone hates Texas as much as y'all keep saying, why would anyone have to pay the refs to screw you over? Wouldn't they just want to do it to you regardless?

You’re not wrong.  But, if the refs are going to get paid to screw over Texas, whether they would do it anyway is immaterial.  The refs’ have to take the money, I mean, why wouldn’t they?  Call it a two for one.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:38 PM, 89Horn said:

You’re not wrong.  But, if the refs are going to get paid to screw over Texas, whether they would do it anyway is immaterial.  The refs’ have to take the money, I mean, why wouldn’t they?  Call it a two for one.

I'm really looking forward to the "Fuck SEC refs" thread on this site here in a few years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, Sandman said:

If everyone hates Texas as much as y'all keep saying, why would anyone have to pay the refs to screw you over? Wouldn't they just want to do it to you regardless?

If you are really good at something, never do it for free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Guess okie lite folks not happy he goes to toads

Meh, hate losing him, but this is just the way of the world now in CFB. I doubt Chandler Morris will do much better for him than Bowman or whoever starts next year. We're doing okay at WR out of the portal, but were hit hard. None of it matters if we can't pull in a few better healthier O Linemen. 

5 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'm really looking forward to the "Fuck SEC refs" thread on this site here in a few years.

They'll undoubtedly give us the new kid hazing, but it will be nothing compared to what we've gotten in this league.  We had to buy our own KY, and when cheap ass Patterson was the AD, refs just went in dry.

Gundy has traditionally waited until after the AFCA convention to allow outgoing coaches to network and maybe find new jobs before announcing the change, and to talk with coaches he may be looking to add. I think that was last week. If we make any changes, it might be coming soon. I'd be fine if Dunn is replaced, especially if we could get Arroyo back, but I don't fault Dunn as much as others within our internet fanbase. We were decimated by injuries, the OL couldn't block even before the injuries, and Sanders was still limited even when healthy and as a 5th year senior was still a turnover machine without adequate protection. I'm not sure who could call plays consistently and successfully through all of that, and even early in Sanders' career, I was okay with Dunn because who can call plays with a QB who fumbles every time under pressure and was prone to interceptions if the window was remotely tight. Again, who can call plays consistently well when you have to dumb down an offense for a limited QB. None of that is to say I'm happy Sanders entered the portal, but he was pretty bad early on, and showed he still had his turnover knack last year. Mason is fine at DC, we need to get better, but it wasn't as bad as it seemed from a broader perspective when considering how many plays they had to defend from the repeated three and outs from the offense.