This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

I'm cool with it. There are maybe 10-15 P5 DCs who are consistently top 10 or 15 in defense year to year. Outside of them, which OKST isn't going to get, there will be lot of arguments for mediocrity. I'm okay with identifying young up and comers, and I've read good things about this guy, and he's highly regarded as an up and comer. Promoting Joe Bob Clement and Tim Duffie hedges in case the new guy isn't up to the task, and he'll be easy to fire if needed since he's an outsider. Also

YARN | so, it's time for the Nard-Dog | The Office (2005) - S06E09 Double  Date | Video clips by quotes | 0a2efb44 | 紗

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm cool with it. There are maybe 10-15 P5 DCs who are consistently top 10 or 15 in defense year to year. Outside of them, which OKST isn't going to get, there will be lot of arguments for mediocrity. I'm okay with identifying young up and comers, and I've read good things about this guy, and he's highly regarded as an up and comer. Promoting Joe Bob Clement and Tim Duffie hedges in case the new guy isn't up to the task, and he'll be easy to fire if needed since he's an outsider. Also

YARN | so, it's time for the Nard-Dog | The Office (2005) - S06E09 Double  Date | Video clips by quotes | 0a2efb44 | 紗

Yeah I have all of my Nard Dog gifs locked and loaded for next year.

There's like a 100% chance this one gets posted literally in the first game of the year:

the-office-andy-andy-bernard-punches.gif

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, you're right. But I wasn't on board with the Knowles hire, so I obviously know my shit. /s

That's a dumb channel, I saw a few videos last fall and it was dumb. I'm not gonna watch and can probably predict that there is a lot of overblown "sky is falling" material involved. They probably hedge by saying some good things, but focus more on doom and gloom. That's pretty much the tone of OSU message boards any time we struggle at anything for any period of time.

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

That's a dumb channel, I saw a few videos last fall and it was dumb. I'm not gonna watch and can probably predict that there is a lot of overblown "sky is falling" material involved. They probably hedge by saying some good things, but focus more on doom and gloom. That's pretty much the tone of OSU message boards any time we struggle at anything for any period of time.

Yeah... just put it on here for laughs. 

365Sports guys don't hide their favoritism, but out of the other side of their mouths they claim they are qualified experts.  They seem to host reporters from other B12 teams that talk negative about that team.

Example:  They talk to FCB, Kunt Bowels, and Cedric Golden for all Longhorns info. 

6tdjaj.gif

6p5vqd.gif

They also like Tramel for okie lite stuff...

78w4vp.gif

I'll give Gundy credit.  We were 12-1 versus OSU since the start of the Big XII.  Since 2009, OSU is 9-4 against Texas with one conference title to our Zero.

it's been real, it's been fun.  Had a blast in Stillwater a few years back even though we lost.  See ya in a bowl game someday...

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Haven't you heard? Our entire roster transferred in the portal and we only got D3 players in return. Clearly we'll be 0-12.

43 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

ceba91cda5c58ceafff61d3ddd22c80b.jpg
Regular season whorns beatdown is out, but we’re getting a shot at all four newbies. Thank God no trip to Lubbock, fuck those guys!

Some scuttlebutt y’all are getting a big ten invite.  Wait no you’re not.   That was just gas.  My bad

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2023 at 1:46 PM, 'stache said:

This is the exact same stuff that used to go on at raiderpower 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Yeah I might quietly delete that if I was social media manager up in Stilly... just watched the Eagles kicker almost break his ankle slipping on the turf

Yeah, oSu had a weird flex with bragging about supplying the superbowl turf......then ironically the turf was shit.  

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yikes...     Nice tweet find by @Francisco 2.0

When they were promoting that I thought it was a mistake because that retractable field has always had problems, especially come Super Bowl time. I don't think the type of grass makes any difference, putting fresh sod on a rolling platform without weeks to embed in the soil will always be a problem. 

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

When they were promoting that I thought it was a mistake because that retractable field has always had problems, especially come Super Bowl time. I don't think the type of grass makes any difference, putting fresh sod on a rolling platform without weeks to embed in the soil will always be a problem. 

Maybe yall should have thought about that when inventing and promoting said grass? lol

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe yall should have thought about that when inventing and promoting said grass? lol

That's exactly my point, someone should have pointed out that that stadium has a history of bad field conditions having little to do with the quality of the grass.

RE: Superbowl turf, the decision to use the strain, etc.  From Reddit, so take with a grain of salt:

Had a friend who does turf management weigh in on the field conditions last night. He's not a fan of Tahoma-31 for this use. Not a good strain for where the game was played, especially for a single use. It has a very shallow root base which is terrible for quick turnarounds, but that can be somewhat negated by cutting the sod thicker. It was apparent that they didn't do that, and tried to rely on over-seeding of ryegrass to make up for it, which didn't work.

They were going for something that would look good the week leading up to the game and the wear it would get then, but it wasn't going to hold up to the game.

Sod farms like it because it needs less water and is more tolerant to temperature fluctuations so they can sell it easier. It's fine for lawns, especially new construction homes because it doesn't need topsoil since it has the shallow root system.But for sports it's not particularly well-suited for the southwest.

On 2/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, 'stache said:

I assume it's just for this one year. It seems on the easier side and this is certainly the year we could use an easier schedule. 

It's almost as if the Big 12 wanted to make sure that at least one returning team won double digit games with a chance to save them from their nightmare of a Texas/ou conference championship game...

Well there it is, even OU's turf manager is discussing what happened. Not that it matters now. I still think they were dumb as hell to not know the history of that stupid trey system and how often it is noted for poor field conditions. 

image.thumb.png.e389f5087444db86e47e22ba00f8fe5c.png

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

I guess this goes here...

OSU Unveils $325 Million Plan to Upgrade Facilities in ‘Vision Plan’ Blueprint

This is massive.

Published  11 hrs ago  Feb 27

By  Kyle Boone 

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-unveils-325-million-plan-to-upgrade-facilities-in-vision-plan-blueprint/ 

Edited by LTtxfan

• 4 months later...