This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

Okie Lite's secret weapon to success...

Gundy Says Rob Glass Could Be the Most Important Part of OSU Football, And Now He Is Paid Accordingly

‘He’s had opportunities to go a lot of places.’

July 14, 2022    Marshall Scott 

ARLINGTON, Texas — Upon hearing of the importance of Rob Glass to the Oklahoma State football program, Chad Weiberg asked Mike Gundy what it would take to make Glass the highest-paid strength coach in the country.

“I think a million dollars would do it,” said he told Weiberg. And so it was. The Oklahoman broke news earlier this month that Glass signed a five-year deal that sees him make $1 million annually, furthering Oklahoma State’s newfound commitment in pumping money into the football program under Weiberg and new university president Kayse Shrum.

“Rob Glass could very well be the single most important part of Oklahoma State football, and that’s including the head coach,” Gundy said Wednesday at Big 12 Media Days. “I’m not with the team 11 months out of the year. I don’t have face-to-face interaction with the team. We currently have 127 young men in our off-season program, and then we’ll have 140 when we start in August. Coach Glass has interaction with them pretty much face-to-face 11 months out of the year. As coaches, assistant coaches, coordinators and head coaches, we don’t.

“He’s been with us a long time, and our players understand the culture and, for lack of a better term, the Navy SEAL concept that he has in place.”

Body by Glass has almost become a cliché at this point. But, like most clichés, it is a cliché because it’s true.

Oklahoma State has become known as a program that can develop players who aren’t top-end recruits into NFL talent — or at least talent at the level to win double-digit games. That development is thanks, in large part (or maybe entire part), to Glass.

Look no further than Malcolm Rodriguez. In the 2017 recruiting class, Rodriguez was a 5-foot-11, 190-pound athlete whose only other offer was to Wyoming. He measured in at the most recent NFL combine at 232 pounds, and the 36 bench press reps he did at his OSU’s Pro Day were four more than anyone did in Indianapolis. Rodriguez finished his career with the fourth-most tackles in program history and was taken in the NFL Draft. And Wyoming was the only other program to take a look at him.

Those types of stories, guys going from three-stars to the NFL, are somewhat common in Stillwater because of Glass.

“I don’t want Rob Glass to come to me and ask for a raise, which he never has,” Gundy said. “I want to be able to give something to him and reward him without him coming to me so we, Chad and I, can show him we are appreciative of what you do.

“He’s had opportunities to go a lot of places. I mean, he can just make a couple phone calls and go be a strength coach just about anywhere he wants in the country at just about any level.”

Defensive end Tyler Lacy said it was business as usual once the team found out of Glass’ raise. The team came in, stretched, got on the line and started running. Despite the grueling stadium steps or gassers, however, even the team recognizes how important Glass is to not only the team’s success, but the players’ personal success.

“He is the most important guy,” Lacy said. “He is the team. Everything runs through Glass. Everything goes through Glass. Glass knows everybody on the team really personally, so it’s good having him there.  He pushes us every day to be the best player we can be.”

Heard a discussion about how the interior DL at okie lite continues to become a dominant group.  Okie lite may have one of the best pairs of DE's in CFB.  Their defensive weakness right now is a younger secondary still learning.

One part of their secret sauce to the consistency of their program is Rob Glass as their strength and conditioning guy the last 18yrs on his 2nd stint at okie lite.

Bio

28th Year at OSU | 37th Overall

Oklahoma State, 1984

•    Rob Glass is in the 18th year of his second tenure as assistant athletic director for speed, strength and conditioning at his alma mater and is one of the central figures in the success of the program.

•    Glass, one of the most recognized and preeminent strength and conditioning experts in college athletics, returned to OSU after a 10-year stint at Florida. He first worked for the Cowboys as both a football graduate assistant coach and strength coach from 1986-95 and his current tenure brings him into his 28th year at Oklahoma State.

•    During his career, Glass has worked with two Heisman Trophy winners (Barry Sanders and Danny Wuerffel), a Golden Spikes Award winner (Robin Ventura), a Thorpe Award winner (Lawrence Wright), three Biletnikoff Award winners (Justin Blackmon twice and James Washington) a Lou Groza Award winner (Dan Bailey) a Ray Guy Award winner (Matt Fodge) and a Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award winner (Mason Rudolph) in addition to 19 first-round NFL draft picks and three first-round NBA draft picks as well as countless All-Americans and Olympians.

•    After earning his bachelor’s degree from Oklahoma State in 1984, Glass served on Pat Jones’ football staff as a graduate assistant coach. He was named head strength coach at OSU in 1989 and served in that capacity until 1995, when he accepted a position as coordinator of strength and conditioning at Florida. He became Florida’s director of strength and conditioning in 1998.

•    In May of 2002, Glass was named a Master Strength and Conditioning Coach, the highest honor that can be achieved as a strength and conditioning coach, by the National Conference of Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association.

•    Glass has been associated with 28 bowl teams since 1987, including the Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Alamo and Holiday at Oklahoma State and 10 bowls at Florida, including the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, two Orange Bowls and two Sugar Bowls. He was at Florida for a national championship and worked with two Gator squads that played in the national title game. He worked with four UF teams that played in the SEC championship game.

•    At Oklahoma State, Glass has been instrumental in the development of All-Americans Barry Sanders, Thurman Thomas, Jason Gildon, Dez Bryant, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Pettigrew, Russell Okung, Justin Blackmon, Levy Adcock, Quinn Sharp, Justin Gilbert, Emmanuel Ogbah, James Washington, Mason Rudolph, Tre Flowers, Tylan Wallace, Chuba Hubbard, Malcolm Rodriguez, Kolby Harvell-Peel and Matt Hembrough.

•    At Florida, he worked with Fred Taylor, Jevon Kearse, Gerard Warren, Kenyatta Walker, Rex Grossman and Lito Sheppard, all of whom were first-round draft picks in the National Football League.

Personal
•    Glass was born July 3, 1961, in Newkirk, Okla. He is married to the former Laurie Lipe, and they have two children, Garrison and Jared.

Year By Year

Year Employer Position
1986-88 Oklahoma State Graduate Assistant
1989-95 Oklahoma State Head Strength Coach
1995-98 Florida Coordinator of Strength and 
    Conditioning
1998-2004 Florida Director of Strength and
    Conditioning
2005-pres. Oklahoma State Assistant Athletic Director,
    Speed, Strength and 
    Conditioning

Edited by LTtxfan

He's #10 highest paid...

Highest-paid college football coaches in 2022

1. Nick Saban $10.96 million
  2. Dabo Swinney $10.54 million
  3. Kirby Smart $10.25 million
  4. Brian Kelly $9.81 million
  5. Mel Tucker $9.56 million
  6. Jimbo Fisher $9.00 million
  7. Ryan Day $8.78 million
  8. James Franklin $8.50 million
  9. Jim Harbaugh $8.11 million
  10. Mike Gundy $7.50 million

Source: USA Today.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/10/nick-saban-again-nations-highest-paid-college-football-coach.html

I think that’s pretty fair, honestly.  Given his tenure, sustained success and obvious value to the university he deserves to be up there.  Will he ever win a natty?  Probably not, and that 2011 team may be as close as we get…but he was inches away from a likely CFP berth last season and recent history shows consistent success is awfully hard to find on the market. 

I wish he’d throw out a little emotions during games.  Wish whatever shortcoming he has would vanish when it comes to aggression against OU…tech played us like they had nothing to lose and it was a close one, wish we were more free wheeling in bedlam.  

Beyond anything quantitative, it’s been a lot of fun as an alum to watch his personality mellow and become more introspective over the years.  He was a riot on the coaches channel during MNC time.  Is mostly a class act and good representative of the university. Truly seems to believe in culture of the program and most kids will have a life after football.  

Warts and all, I'm glad he’s ours. 

• Like 1

Mike Gundy’s Conservatism Cost okie lite vs. tcu

USATSI_19241669-768x512.jpg

ByDave Beall    Posted on October 15, 2022

Credit TCU, they fought hard and took advantage, but it’s simple: Oklahoma State lost the game.

It looked like smooth sailing out of the gate when OSU jumped out to a 14-point lead. I’m not sure if the Pokes do what a lot of teams do and script the first 20 or so plays, but after those two drives the offense seemed sluggish and unimaginative. 

Spencer Sanders reportedly didn’t practice all week with a banged up shoulder and while it didn’t show a lot it did show.  His usually beautiful deep balls just seemed to be a little off, forcing his receivers to play defender to keep it away from the Horned Frogs covering them.  He underthrew a wide-open touchdown in the fourth quarter that probably puts the game away, but instead it ended up being an interception. It didn’t seem like it was out of his range. Maybe he just misjudged it but I don’t think so. No, I think he threw it as hard as he could with that shoulder.

I’m not knocking Sanders. The kid is a warrior and he bleeds orange. Also, it’s not like he was a lame duck out there. The passing game wasn’t completely ineffective. He seemed fine on the shorter stuff, but drops plagued to receivers. He did do some damage with his legs scoring two touchdowns..

He ran very effectively. Until he didn’t. Which brings me to my actual complaint about the game: Oklahoma State got outcoached on both sides of the ball.

POKES OUTCOACHED

TCU had to make an adjustment to stop Sanders from rushing. That should’ve opened something else up. When an opponent adjusts, you adjust to the adjustment, right? It seems like the Pokes offense stayed the same the whole game after the first two touchdowns. Run, run, (off-the-mark) deep ball. Sometimes they got some yards, but the drives always stalled and they ended up kicking field goals when just one more touchdown in place of one of those would’ve won the game . Of course, Gundy’s conservative nature doesn’t help, but I’ll get into that later.

On defense, the Cowboys played as well as you could ask. They slowed down the Frogs as much as anyone has, but the inability to tackle is concerning. It seemed like nine out of 10 times the first defender to the ball couldn’t bring down the runner, be it a running back, a receiver, or Max Duggan. It’s easy to blame that on fatigue from defending over 100 plays against Texas Tech last week, but it’s been a problem all season. With players like Bijan Robinson, Deuce Vaughn, and Adrian Martinez still on the schedule, they’d better clean that up really fast. Note: Robinson and Texas come to town next week.  

Oh, and maybe pay extra attention to the other teams best receiver?

ABOUT MIKE GUNDY

Now, about Gundy.  I’m a Gundy fan and supporter. I’ve written pieces defending him many times over the years when the fans gets restless. I’ve even recently defended his evolution into who I call “Michael ‘Bill Snyder’ Gundy”, where he eschews risk and always tries to make the safe play.  Snyder made himself famous by always doing things the right way and taking a Kansas State program from literally one of the worst in college football to a more than respectable team. Do things the right way and they turn out right, right?

Most the time yes. Not all the time. 

Most of the time, Gundy’s conservatism pays off.  The guy wins a lot of games. Playing it safe and trusting the system worked on the road in Waco against the Bears and at home against the Red Raiders. Watching the Cowboys punt it away and call runs on third and long was infuriating when contrasted against Baylor and Texas Tech seemingly going for it on every field-position-be-damned fourth down and picking up most of them.

But then you look up at the end and it’s a double-digit win for the Pokes.

Having a system that works is great, but sometimes you have to break your own routine and Gundy missed a perfect chance to maybe save the game Saturday by letting the leash out just a little bit.

I’m not talking about a trick play. They did a couple during the game with uneven results. A flea flicker early on went for a big gain and then what looked like what was going to be a running back pass from Ollie Gordon that ended up being nothing because TCU played it beautifully. 

GO FOR TWO IN OT

No, I’m talking about after scoring a touchdown in the first overtime. That was the time for Mike Gundy to remember he used to have a mullet. That was the time we needed shirtless-at-a-pep-rally Gundy. Wrestling singlet Gundy. Playing a saxophone in Gallagher-Iba Arena Gundy.

After that touchdown Cowboy Nation needed Mike Gundy to pull out a Keystone Light tallboy from somewhere, chug it, crush the can on his forehead and hold up two fingers.

Going for two in that situation would’ve been the right call. You won’t change my mind. You’re team reeling. Your opponent just erased a 14 point lead you had nursed all game in the fourth quarter because your defense is tired and your offense has lost its footing. The crowd is in it. TCU scored in two plays in their star receive was left to run free AGAIN. 

The way that game was going if you manage to get a touchdown on your turn you go for two. Win or lose, one play. Round up your team and tell them you need them to dig deep for one play. “I know you’re tired but give it all NOW.  This is it. One play. Go get it.”  

You might think that’s easy for me to say after the fact, but I promise you I was screaming it at my TV. Dominic Richardson had a decent game. He runs hard and falls forward. Line it up and let him get two yards.  If it doesn’t work, fine. You lose by one. You threw a haymaker and got caught on the chin, but at least you didn’t turtle and drag it out 15 rounds and lose by decision. 

Before you argue with me, think about how you would have felt if Gundy rolls the dice and the offense gets stuffed. Would you feel better than you do now after watching a holding call and dropped passes make the Pokes kick a field goal and subsequently watching the defense get trucked for 25 yards and a TCU win?  

Admit it. After OSU kicked it in the second over time you HOPED for a TCU field goal, but really, deep down, you knew that field goal meant we lost. As you watched Max Duggan take a hard hit and pinwheel slightly you prayed for the ball to pop out because that was the only hope. 

When TCU got the ball for 1st and goal for the one-yard line it was inevitable and somewhat fitting that the game-winning play should’ve been stopped for a loss, but yet another whiff on a tackle let the Frogs in the end zone.

This isn’t the end of the season for the Cowboys. Mike Gundy talks about his team’s culture and how they don’t panic and honestly it always seems like in our best years we kind of luck our way through half the year before dropping one and then we refocus; think the Iowa State loss last year.

This team is good, but not great. They can beat every team left on the schedule, including a rematch with TCU in Arlington if they play just marginally better. And I have no doubt in my mind the team will following this loss.

With the Texas Longhorns and the Kanas State Wildcats coming up the next two weeks, they’d better.

No way okie lite should have lost yesterday.  Gotta be a helluva hangover for Cowboys fans today.

But, okie lite fans should recover ok when they probably get a win over Texas next Saturday.

Edited by LTtxfan

I’m a Gundy fan and remember attending his first game as HC in Austin.  Texas held a welcome ceremony for him at 50 yard line before kickoff and presented him a cowboy hat as new coach.  Man, that was long time ago.  

Edited by Horn80

On 10/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, LTtxfan said:

He's #10 highest paid...

Highest-paid college football coaches in 2022

1. Nick Saban $10.96 million
  2. Dabo Swinney $10.54 million
  3. Kirby Smart $10.25 million
  4. Brian Kelly $9.81 million
  5. Mel Tucker $9.56 million
  6. Jimbo Fisher $9.00 million
  7. Ryan Day $8.78 million
  8. James Franklin $8.50 million
  9. Jim Harbaugh $8.11 million
  10. Mike Gundy $7.50 million

Source: USA Today.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2022/10/nick-saban-again-nations-highest-paid-college-football-coach.html

Brian Kelly and Mel Tucker stealing $.

Spencers Sanders Predicts Oklahoma State vs. TCU Rematch for Big 12 Championship

The Oklahoma State Cowboys lost a heartbreaker to TCU in Forth Worth on Saturday. Oklahoma State led 24-7 in the second quarter and 30-16 in the second half before losing 43-40 in double overtime.

For Oklahoma State, it was their first loss of the season to fall to 5-1, while the Horned Frogs improved to 6-0.

However, OSU quarterback Spencer Sanders certainly didn’t seem down in any way after the game, in fact, he predicted the two teams would see each other again at the Big 12 Championship in December.

“This game is behind us. Nothing we can do now. We’ll meet them in Arlington,” Sanders said following the loss.

There has been plenty to critique about this game, notably on offense, where Mike Gundy and offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn appeared to get too conservative one they got up by three scores.

Dunn basically admitted as much after the game, saying, “I wish we could have put the hammer down and finished it. I’m really disappointed in myself and what we did on offense. We’ve got to find a way to finish that thing off. We had some chances in there; we just didn’t move the ball well enough in the second half.”

But for Oklahoma State, if they want to reach that Big 12 Title Game, they can’t look in the rearview mirror, as the Cowboys welcome in the Texas Longhorns for another ranked match up in a league that has no off weeks.

And for those wondering, incase OSU fans are that confident in Spencer Sanders’ comments, the Big 12 Championship Game is set for Saturday, December 3rd, at 11:00 a.m. from AT&T Stadium.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/10/16/spencers-sanders-predicts-oklahoma-state-vs-tcu-rematch-for-big-12-championship/

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Spencers Sanders Predicts Oklahoma State vs. TCU Rematch for Big 12 Championship

The Oklahoma State Cowboys lost a heartbreaker to TCU in Forth Worth on Saturday. Oklahoma State led 24-7 in the second quarter and 30-16 in the second half before losing 43-40 in double overtime.

For Oklahoma State, it was their first loss of the season to fall to 5-1, while the Horned Frogs improved to 6-0.

However, OSU quarterback Spencer Sanders certainly didn’t seem down in any way after the game, in fact, he predicted the two teams would see each other again at the Big 12 Championship in December.

“This game is behind us. Nothing we can do now. We’ll meet them in Arlington,” Sanders said following the loss.

There has been plenty to critique about this game, notably on offense, where Mike Gundy and offensive coordinator Kasey Dunn appeared to get too conservative one they got up by three scores.

Dunn basically admitted as much after the game, saying, “I wish we could have put the hammer down and finished it. I’m really disappointed in myself and what we did on offense. We’ve got to find a way to finish that thing off. We had some chances in there; we just didn’t move the ball well enough in the second half.”

But for Oklahoma State, if they want to reach that Big 12 Title Game, they can’t look in the rearview mirror, as the Cowboys welcome in the Texas Longhorns for another ranked match up in a league that has no off weeks.

And for those wondering, incase OSU fans are that confident in Spencer Sanders’ comments, the Big 12 Championship Game is set for Saturday, December 3rd, at 11:00 a.m. from AT&T Stadium.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/10/16/spencers-sanders-predicts-oklahoma-state-vs-tcu-rematch-for-big-12-championship/

spacer.png

The last 2 weeks are the worst I’ve seen my Pokes play since 1991! We tried Gundy’s kid last week and he was in way over his head, but I fully expected his dad to give him another shot, since I assume he likes sex at home on a regular basis. Instead we tried Rangel, and he throws 2 interceptions in his first 8 throws and fumbled a snap for a turnover less than 15 plays later! He wound up playing ok even though Gundy and the OC refused to alter the play calling to suit the kid. Our major issue today was our absolutely horrible defense. Our DC Derek Mason inherited a top ranked, really solid defense with a ton of experience and has turned it into a complete shitshow laughing stock in less than a year! I’ll be looking for accommodations in Ft Worth tonight for the fucking Armed Forces Bowl…

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 7:02 PM, gmr548 said:

The “but we lost to the #11 team in the country!!” line was dumb the day of the game to anyone who had eyes, but hopefully we can put that to bed now. Both conferences losses to this point are bad losses.

I was reading about how Texas didn’t have the depth to beat osu. Guess KU and others running a train on osu did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, GoPokes83 said:

The last 2 weeks are the worst I’ve seen my Pokes play since 1991! We tried Gundy’s kid last week and he was in way over his head, but I fully expected his dad to give him another shot, since I assume he likes sex at home on a regular basis. Instead we tried Rangel, and he throws 2 interceptions in his first 8 throws and fumbled a snap for a turnover less than 15 plays later! He wound up playing ok even though Gundy and the OC refused to alter the play calling to suit the kid. Our major issue today was our absolutely horrible defense. Our DC Derek Mason inherited a top ranked, really solid defense with a ton of experience and has turned it into a complete shitshow laughing stock in less than a year! I’ll be looking for accommodations in Ft Worth tonight for the fucking Armed Forces Bowl…

Enjoy, It might be our last bowl game for a while. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 5:56 PM, USNALonghorn said:

They blew their load and cratered. Nothing surprising. If we trust our run game, we win that game.

Clearly Sark took that to heart against K-State because he was running against K-State's 9 man front without hesitation. I guess it worked.

Edited by Valmy77

As shitty as they look, consider these quite possible scenarios

-Texas loses to TCU but beats Kansas and Baylor 

-Oklahoma State wins out.  Not hard considering the worst Bedlam opponent they've had in years plus WVU and ISU in Stillwater

-KSU loses @BAY & @WVU 

OK-State limps into the Big XII Championship versus TCU

And if all that happens and KSU manages a road win in Waco or Morgantown, they go by virtue of the tie-breaker.

We drop one of our final three games, we need all kinda tie-breaker help to get us to Arlington.  TCU is in with 1 loss, and quite possibly even if they lose two.  

On 11/5/2022 at 7:10 PM, BrazilHorn said:

SO fucking frustrating that Texas lost to Tech & OSU when both are so shitty. Just ridiculous Texas had double digit leads in both games and shit them away.

Fucking hell.

Blowing double-digit leads is a turdition …

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

This isn’t surprising, that osu team fucking sucked and sucks and it’s squarely on sark/Tx for blowing that shit heap of a game. Just having card in the game to run a damn zone read blows it wide open. 

Sure. We couldn't stop them from throwing to wide open guys in the middle of the field. Our offense couldn't throw the ball with them keying in on the run. Our team went 5-7 last year. They aren't very good. We weren't going undefeated this year. If the K-State game is any indication we are just going to run the ball in the second half regardless of how many people they pack in the box from now on.

The fact that all of our three losses have blown leads is frustrating. Is it encouraging at all? Like hey we are almost there! Just got to learn how to defend he pass and run clock and we could be great! I don't know man. I have this sinking feeling the offense regresses next year without Roschon and Bijan. Maybe next year our defense is much better but we can't score. That seems like how things go.

But right now there is really no reason to worry about the previous games. Just need to win these next three.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, GoPokes83 said:

Injuries, man. I think 2009 was the last time we've been so decimated by injuries.  By my count, we are down about 7-8 opening day starters, including our best and (by far) most important player on offense (Sanders) and now our best player on defense (Lacy).

Mason didn't "inherit" the same defense from last year - not even close.  Last year's defense had multi-year starters at every position, including two linebackers who are on NFL rosters now, one of which (Rodriguez) has started every game as a rookie.  We had new starters at 6/7 of the back end this year, with Jason Taylor the only returning starter... and (big surprise) he's also been injured.

(This year's defense even with Knowles, and especially considering all of the injuries, would be just as shitty. Knowles is a good DC, but he isn't some wizard, no matter what OSU fans say now. The defense sucked his first few years when he had a largely inexperienced group. Funny how he got really smart as soon as he had multi-year starters at every position.)

In terms of the full team, the last game we played where we were anywhere near healthy was the TCU game in Ft. Worth. Since then, we've been the walking wounded and literally lost more players each game since.

I thought Rangel actually played well given the circumstances and has me optimistic for the QB position post-Sanders. 

Meh, we were due a bad year, but god damn, this is really bad. Injuries are the primary reason of course. It's just how it is when you're not a blueblood. We get mostly 3 star recruits and coach them up and use s&c to get the most out of them. That also means we don't have an army of freshmen studs ready to step in on day one if needed. We're already bowl eligible so that streak will continue. That's good enough I guess all things considered.

Edited by 'stache

46 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Meh, we were due a bad year, but god damn, this is really bad. Injuries are the primary reason of course. It's just how it is when you're not a blueblood. We get mostly 3 star recruits and coach them up and use s&c to get the most out of them. That also means we don't have an army of freshmen studs ready to step in on day one if needed. We're already bowl eligible so that streak will continue. That's good enough I guess all things considered.

Yeah the injury thing is just maddening... I mean, I get that injuries happen and that's part of the game, but fuck man. If you would've ask me at the beginning of the year who we could least afford to lose to injuries, I would have said Sanders (obvious) or any offensive linemen on offense; and Tyler Lacy and Jason Taylor on defense. 

Well, let's see... Sanders? check. Lacy? check. Taylor? check. Offensive linemen? check. check. check.  Oh and throw in our two starting outside receivers, our punter, two more defensive linemen, another safety... and on and on.  Fuck me.

Edited by oSuJeff97

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

As shitty as they look, consider these quite possible scenarios

-Texas loses to TCU but beats Kansas and Baylor 

-Oklahoma State wins out.  Not hard considering the worst Bedlam opponent they've had in years plus WVU and ISU in Stillwater

-KSU loses @BAY & @WVU 

OK-State limps into the Big XII Championship versus TCU

And if all that happens and KSU manages a road win in Waco or Morgantown, they go by virtue of the tie-breaker.

We drop one of our final three games, we need all kinda tie-breaker help to get us to Arlington.  TCU is in with 1 loss, and quite possibly even if they lose two.  

OSU is going to lose again IMO.

They clearly have the easiest slate of teams left. That being said, they aren't beating all 3 teams with their qb play. If Sanders doesn't come back... or if he gets re-injured they could go 0-3. 

I think they likely drop the OU game if nothing else.

We can actually get into the Big12 championship with another loss. 

Like I said, OSU will lose again.

Baylor plays the 3 toughest teams in the Big12, 3 weeks in a row.

The Kansas game could be a Big12 championship play-in game.

Let that sink in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, we could easily still make it in with one more loss, but we'd still "need some help."  If that one more loss is to Baylor, they'd be in control to play TCU again...not us.

Pretty strange that yes, we could face Kansas and Baylor in back-to-back weeks with a conference championship game bid on the line in each game.  Two teams I figured would be at or near the bottom of the league in August.  Odd.  TCU was the biggest surprise to thusfar in a good way, Okie state in a bad way.  Kansas could win out and make Arlington or lose every game and limp into the SERVPRO First Responder's Bowl.