This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

13 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

^^^

Ha I remember that game.  My senior year in college.  Year 2 of Bob Simmons.  Byron Hanspard (sp?) ran for like elevnty thousand yards against us that day and Tech destroyed us. 

We were still one year away from making our first bowl game since Barry Sanders left.  Man, that was a different time.

I went to high school and played on the football team with Alonzo Mays &, Marcellus Rivers, both of which went to on play for the Cowboys...

By the way, Oklahoma looks to be taking a page out of the script of Oklahoma State & Texas, in adding beer sales in the stadium:

So we could be seeing this soon:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

*(I mention this as I know the Cowpokes will battle for the Bedlam crown in Norman this fall)...

Edited by kopp0e

With the Sooners & Cowboys looking to get a buzz, with beer sales in the stadium & passing medicinal marijuana, the state might jump up this list a peg or two (or not)...

Happiest States in the U.S.

1 Hawaii 68.27 1 30 4
2 Utah 67.84 18 1 2
3 Minnesota 67.26 2 6 10
4 North Dakota 65.62 6 9 6
5 California 63.14 4 24 12
6 Idaho 63.09 24 2 1
7 Maryland 61.78 7 38 5
8 Iowa 61.07 8 18 11
9 South Dakota 60.80 14 13 8
10 Nebraska 59.11 10 17 28
11 Wisconsin 58.87 16 11 14
12 Connecticut 58.24 9 40 18
13 New Jersey 58.10 3 44 38
14 New York 57.35 5 42 39
15 Virginia 57.35 15 25 27
16 Massachusetts 56.85 13 14 42
17 Washington 56.44 29 5 9
18 Colorado 55.38 19 3 46
19 Georgia 55.15 25 16 7
20 North Carolina 53.69 21 21 37
21 Arizona 52.92 27 12 34
22 Texas 52.56 11 28 49
23 Illinois 52.47 12 45 44
24 New Hampshire 52.37 23 27 31
25 Kansas 52.30 22 33 36
26 Nevada 51.80 40 15 3
27 Delaware 51.67 17 37 45
28 Montana 51.08 37 7 17
29 Florida 51.01 20 20 47
30 Pennsylvania 50.54 28 41 15
31 Rhode Island 50.44 30 31 29
32 Indiana 50.20 32 22 25
33 Maine 49.81 36 10 30
34 Michigan 49.52 34 26 20
35 Wyoming 48.90 31 43 22
36 South Carolina 48.26 38 32 13
37 Ohio 48.19 35 36 16
38 Vermont 48.18 26 23 48
39 Oregon 48.05 43 4 24
40 Tennessee 46.13 41 8 40
41 New Mexico 43.35 39 47 35
42 Missouri 42.76 45 34 21
43 Mississippi 41.63 42 46 26
44 Kentucky 39.42 48 19 19
45 Alabama 39.35 46 39 43
46 Oklahoma 38.89 47 35 33
47 Alaska 38.21 33 49 50
48 Louisiana 37.15 44 50 41
49 Arkansas 36.61 50 29 23
50 West Virginia 33.42 49 48 32

https://wallethub.com/edu/happiest-states/6959/

Our new godzillatron if fucking awesome and whoever is running it is killing it. Here former OSU student/alum Gary Bussey staring down the opponent on third down. There’s another where Pistol Pete’s face is staring at you while they pan in to his eyes. It’s fun stuff.

8db1c196d90e28b2249fb951eccc9e56.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Our new godzillatron if fucking awesome and whoever is running it is killing it. Here former OSU student/alum Gary Bussey staring down the opponent on third down. There’s another where Pistol Pete’s face is staring at you while they pan in to his eyes. It’s fun stuff.

They actually talked about this on the news in New York this morning..!

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

Busey is an alum of Okie lite? Holy shit, now it all makes sense.

9 hours ago, 'stache said:

Now that is appropriate use for a giant screen. We’re spending our efforts trying to push the envelope of Taco Bell ads 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monster said:

I was thinking about that video board's effect on an opposing kicker.   You could throw up all kinds of optical illusions if you wanted.  Like an image of a field goal on that end of the field...then sliiiiiide it slowly to the left as he's about to kick.   

That shit would get banned and/or draw a penalty in about 6 seconds.

Frankly, I think they'll soon be banned from flashing the Busey Pic, too, even though I don't think they should.

10 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

That shit would get banned and/or draw a penalty in about 6 seconds.

Frankly, I think they'll soon be banned from flashing the Busey Pic, too, even though I don't think they should.

I'm sure banning an optical illusion would get discussed, after the fact.  So, you'd get ONE use of it.  Like say, against OU, when OSU is about to lose the big 12 championship by 1 score for the 10th year in a row.

If you ban the Busey pic, then you have to talk about banning video boards during specific plays in ALL stadiums.  Any player can say he's being distracted by a video board, if it's within his field of vision.     

edit: they probably will set up some basic rules governing video boards in the future...where they can be placed, what they can show during plays, etc.  But currently, there aren't any rules that I"m aware of, so enjoy it while it lasts.  I'm sure, at some point in our future, the fun-police will step in and  homogenize the experience of attending a game in person.  

Edited by Monster

They had an optical illusion spiny thing on a punt that direction but on the only field goal I’ve seen that direction it was a giant Pete face that had three still shots zoomed in on his eyes. I can see them banning that if some pussy program complains. Our PA guy used to announce “third down and ___ upcoming for the visitors.” Neby complained at being referred to as “the visitors” and we stopped saying it. I don’t think they can ban it on third downs though. If they do that they may as well just ban the whole thing and I would hope fans everywhere would agree that’s fucking stupid.

On 9/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, Monster said:

I was thinking about that video board's effect on an opposing kicker.   You could throw up all kinds of optical illusions if you wanted.  Like an image of a field goal on that end of the field...then sliiiiiide it slowly to the left as he's about to kick.   

That sounds masterful... I can't recall but I think the NCAA might have a rule on what is allowable...

Oh, it's definitely sky is falling. I get that things aren't looking great right now, but honestly we came back to reality after a great game against Boise. Our offense is not what it usually is. You need a QB who can air it out to win in this conference. O-Line hasn't been great in years. You obviously need both to setup the run.

This was always going to be a down year. As far as we've come, we have not reached the point of plugging and playing a position as important as QB without missing a beat. Few programs are at that level.

Also, fans calling for Gundy's head every time we lose is growing tiresome. Delusional.

41 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL I bet. Are they even letting people post negative stuff?  Usually it gets deleted.

Losing McClesky sucks, but if any position group can withstand a loss, it's that one.  Seems like Dillon Stoner has taken a lot of his catches away this year. (No racist)

2 thoughts:

#1- Blame all the problems on a stoner..?
#2- It sounds as if that site is ran by iron fist conformist...

9 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

2 thoughts:

#1- Blame all the problems on a stoner..?
#2- It sounds as if that site is ran by iron fist conformist...

Actually re: #1 -- one of the Tulsa World reporters just posted on Twitter a bit ago that Stoner, McCleskey and Johnson all were tied for the team lead in targets after the first 4 games.

And #2 - yeah... I think that's why most of the OSU fans who post here like this site. OP.com is way too much groupthink.

• Haha 1

Yeah, it was a rebuilding year and I had some hope after Boise that maybe we'd still win 9-10 games, but I guess rebuild it is.  O-Line really needs to improve.  It's been pretty shitty for too many years no.  Defense looked great against Boise and like shit against Tech.  On most run plays we barely touched the RB until he was already 5 yards downfield.  That concerns me that Jim Knowles couldn't adjust the entire game.  McClesky is pulling a bitch move (he caught 4 fucking passes last game for fucks sake) but if he thinks that's best, then fine.  I doubt he'll be any more productive in a different system.  

As far as Tech, it only took them 10 years to beat us.  I expect our games will be more competitive with this new QB, and we may have just ensured Coach Bro sticks around guaranteeing mediocrity for the foreseeable future.  I don't expect this is the start of any run for Tech against us.  We had a shitty game and will improve next year and probably throughout this season.

1 hour ago, Pokoloco said:

I banned myself from OP years ago. I might have to do a flyby.

Anyone talking about how Gundy is focused too much on his kids HS career right now?

Haven't heard that one yet but I'm sure it's coming.

It's funny how that wasn't a problem this time last week, lol.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:50 AM, 'stache said:

I remember seeing that on twitter and thought it was photoshopped. Gary Bussey yelling is pretty intimidating. I need to get up to Stillwater for a game to see it in person.

More overreaction after a loss. That is the Big12’s biggest liability going forward. Most of the teams can beat each other on any given Saturday. There is no one team head and shoulders above the rest. All suffer from one phase of their game having some issues. And with a championship being determined by having to beat someone possibly twice, it is going to be hard to get a playoff team.

It would be healthy for the conference to have Texas, ou, Okie lite, and TCU all strong. But the math is against that. In the SEC you can avoid such problems simply by not playing a strong program every eight years.

Think about this, ou is undefeated (3-0) against Alabama since the turn of the century. And has played them roughly half as many times as Georgia (Georgia is 3-4 since 2000), who is in the same fucking conference! How is that shit even fucking possible? Comparing the two conferences is all but impossible.

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

More overreaction after a loss. That is the Big12’s biggest liability going forward. Most of the teams can beat each other on any given Saturday. There is no one team head and shoulders above the rest. All suffer from one phase of their game having some issues. And with a championship being determined by having to beat someone possibly twice, it is going to be hard to get a playoff team.

It would be healthy for the conference to have Texas, ou, Okie lite, and TCU all strong. But the math is against that. In the SEC you can avoid such problems simply by not playing a strong program every eight years.

Think about this, ou is undefeated (3-0) against Alabama since the turn of the century. And has played them roughly half as many times as Georgia (Georgia is 3-4 since 2000), who is in the same fucking conference! How is that shit even fucking possible? Comparing the two conferences is all but impossible.

I'm not overreacting.  I still think we're a 7-8 win team.  But you're right, the middle of the Big 12 will be a crapshoot.  No telling who comes out towards the top.  I think we'll get it together and have a winning record in conference.   Which are wins and which are losses aren't as clear as we thought before last week.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm not overreacting.  I still think we're a 7-8 win team.  But you're right, the middle of the Big 12 will be a crapshoot.  No telling who comes out towards the top.  I think we'll get it together and have a winning record in conference.   Which are wins and which are losses aren't as clear as we thought before last week.

A 7-8 Oklahoma State team can still fuck with us in Stillwater.  I'm still more worried about that game than Saturday's game in Manhattan.  [ducks]

15 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Haven't heard that one yet but I'm sure it's coming.

It's funny how that wasn't a problem this time last week, lol.

Agreed, everyone has to be the armchair quarterback, analyzing what went wrong, when maybe the players from Tech just "out-athleted" the players from State...

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

A 7-8 Oklahoma State team can still fuck with us in Stillwater.  I'm still more worried about that game than Saturday's game in Manhattan.  [ducks]

One game I think will be interesting: Don't be surprised when Oklahoma State & West Virginia play, the Cowpokes win, Gundy normally finds a way to beat the Neers...

7 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Series record= TT leads 22-21-3

Yeah and most of that was complied in the wasteland that was OSU football before Gundy.  It's like looking at a series record against Kansas State. The before Bill Snyder series record doesn't mean shit.

Gundy is 11-3 against TTU.

Edited by oSuJeff97

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

7-8 wins?   I see us dropping one of these: ISU, KSU, Kansas, Baylor and losing al 4l of these: UT, OU, TCU, WV 

Stoner and Wallace are hurt, McClesky gone. Oline can't run block. D is suspect. Corndog..  BAH

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah and most of that was complied in the wasteland that was OSU football before Gundy.  It's like looking at a series record against Kansas State. The before Bill Snyder series record doesn't mean shit.

Gundy is 11-3 against TTU.

And here I thought only aggy picked random years to start counting Win/Loss records against rivals. Huh. 

• Like 1