This is a man. He's over 40. He's a man.

kopp0e

40 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Historical records are very important in college football. Just look how often blue bloods depend on them to remain relevant.

That doesn't work for original blue bloods as Rutgers, with some of the all time national titles ever recorded, when you get blown out by Kansas...

8 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah and most of that was complied in the wasteland that was OSU football before Gundy.  It's like looking at a series record against Kansas State. The before Bill Snyder series record doesn't mean shit.

Gundy is 11-3 against TTU.

Yeah and most of that was compiled in the wasteland that was TT football during Tuberville and Kingsbury.  It's like looking at a series record against Kansas State.  The before Bill Snyder record doesn't mean shit.

Gundy is 11-3 against TTU.

Sound familiar?

1 minute ago, Okie State said:
33 minutes ago, kopp0e said:
That doesn't work for original blue bloods as Rutgers, with some of the all time national titles ever recorded, when you get blown out by Kansas...

Still have to win once every few decades for it to work. Tennessee's time is running out.

Agreed... The Vols should have let the other AD hire Leach from Wazzou...

On 9/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

And here I thought only aggy picked random years to start counting Win/Loss records against rivals. Huh. 

On 9/25/2018 at 4:05 PM, mr.goodkat said:

usually pokes don't go gooner but cherry picking stats is totally gooner . just sayin'

On 9/25/2018 at 5:11 PM, Dirk X West said:

Losses suffered under a shitty coach don't count, apparently.

Jesus Christ.  

How the fuck is it "random" or "cherry picking" to quote a series record that includes the entire tenure of our CURRENT head coach?  And it's not like it's a small sample size. It covers 14 seasons, for fuck's sake.

Oh, and Gundy had a winning record against Leach as well.  And that included the first few years when he was rebuilding our program from the garbage Les Miles left behind. Gundy's first and only team to finish with a losing record beat a Mike Leach Texas Tech team. So there's that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

How the fuck is it "random" or "cherry picking" to quote a series record that includes the entire tenure of our CURRENT head coach?  And it's not like it's a small sample size. It covers 14 seasons, for fuck's sake.

Oh, and Gundy had a winning record against Leach as well.  And that included the first few years when he was rebuilding our program from the garbage Les Miles left behind. Gundy's first and only team to finish with a losing record beat a Mike Leach Texas Tech team. So there's that.

To cite Gundy’s winning record against Leach is either a bit reckless or disingenuous. They played each other 3 times in Stillwater, all Poke wins. They played twice in Lubbock- both Tech wins. Those guys basically fought to a draw. The last game in Stillwater was a 7-point affair. The latter one in Lubbock was a bloodbath. The point about the timing and not cherry picking is valid.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Magus Ossis said:

To cite Gundy’s winning record against Leach is either a bit reckless or disingenuous. They played each other 3 times in Stillwater, all Poke wins. They played twice in Lubbock- both Tech wins. Those guys basically fought to a draw. The last game in Stillwater was a 7-point affair. The latter one in Lubbock was a bloodbath. The point about the timing and not cherry picking is valid.

"Reckless or disingenuous?" Jesus Christ.  I wasn't the one who brought that up. I was citing Gundy's record against Tech over his entire 14 seasons as head coach at OSU, which is a pretty relevant and exhaustive look at how the current state of the OSU program has fared against Texas Tech. 

Someone else mentioned "well he only faced Leach a few times..." or whatever, so I brought up his record against Leach.  And he had a winning record.

Yeah Gundy had one more home game against Leach, but so what?  One of those three was his first season as coach when we were TERRIBLE.  We were 4-7 that year (Gundy's only losing season) primarily because he kicked like 12 guys off the team before the season started. That shitty-ass team beat a Mike Leach Tech team and it was literally our only conference win that year.

Bottom line is that OSU has completely dominated Tech with Gundy as coach, as demonstrated by his 11-3 record against them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

"Reckless or disingenuous?" I wasn't the one who brought that up. I was citing Gundy's record against Tech over his entire 14 seasons as head coach at OSU, which is a pretty relevant and exhaustive look at how the current state of the OSU program has fared against Texas Tech. 

Someone else mentioned "well he only faced Leach a few times..." or whatever, so I brought up his record against Leach.  And he had a winning record.

Yeah Gundy had one more home game against Leach, but so what?  One of those three was his first season as coach when we were TERRIBLE.  We were 4-7 that year (Gundy's only losing season) primarily because he kicked like 12 guys off the team before the season started. That shitty-ass team beat a Mike Leach Tech team and it was literally our only conference win that year.

Bottom line is that OSU has completely dominated Tech with Gundy as coach, as demonstrated by his 11-3 record against them.

I think we agree more than we disagree about Gundy versus Tech. PM sent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how many people look at the other board so I'll put this here too: if anyone wants to go to the game in Stillwater later this month I've got 7 tickets I'm trying to sell for under face value. PM me

Oh, and fuck Gundy for that bitch ass censorship. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Okie State said:

Yeah, I'd say our chances of making a bowl are around 10%.

I know we're sick of playing like shit, but it's higher than that realistically.  I'd say 20% chance of upsetting WVU at home, and 50-50 game at TCU.  They are horrible and their home crowd is nothing special.  Zero chance of upsetting OU, but still a decent shot at a bowl game.  I wouldn't put any money on it though.

7 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Did they change the rule and 5 win teams are now eligible for bowl games?

I don't know how iron clad this measure is, but the NCAA/D-1 has allowed teams with only 5 wins into post season bowl games recently...

2017–18 NCAA football bowl games - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_NCAA_football_bowl_gamesThe 2017–18 NCAA football bowl games was a series of college football bowl games which ... Bowl record by conference .... While bowl games had been the purview of only the very best teams for nearly a century, the ... 2012 and 2013), eventually allowing teams with losing seasons (5–7) to participate in bowls due to ...

7 hours ago, baboso said:

Oklahoma State was not in the SWC.

SWC Members[edit source]

Arkansas (1915–1991)

Baylor (1915–1996)

Houston (1972–1996)

Oklahoma (1915–1919)

Oklahoma A&M (1915–1925)

Phillips (1920)

Rice (1915–1917 provisional, 1918–1996)

SMU (1918–1996)

Southwestern (1915–1916)

Texas (1915–1996)

Texas A&M (1915–1996)

TCU (1923–1996)

Texas Tech (1956–1996)

I know we're sick of playing like shit, but it's higher than that realistically.  I'd say 20% chance of upsetting WVU at home, and 50-50 game at TCU.  They are horrible and their home crowd is nothing special.  Zero chance of upsetting OU, but still a decent shot at a bowl game.  I wouldn't put any money on it though.

I admire your optimism. Also, it’s pathetic that this is what qualifies as optimism for OSU fans now.

Anyone planning on watching Bedlam?

On 11/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, Valmy77 said:

If you can beat us you can beat TCU, their offense is barely functional.

Based on that principle we should have also beaten K-State and Baylor easily, but this is what this team is... we just can't get out of our own way most of the time. 

We are fully capable of beating West Virginia at home and TCU on the road.  Will we?  Who the fuck knows. Texas just happened to be one of two games that we played relatively clean (the other being Boise).  So if that team shows up for some reason, then yeah.... we can beat both WVU at home AND TCU on the road.

But that team hasn't shown up for most of the season.  The one that misses short field goals, gets punts blocked and has ~120 yards or so in penalties is the one that shows up more often than not.  That team won't beat WVU and will need help to beat TCU.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Go Pokes said:

I admire your optimism. Also, it’s pathetic that this is what qualifies as optimism for OSU fans now.

Anyone planning on watching Bedlam?

Will not be watching bedlam. My daughter has a dance competition all day Saturday, thank God. 

Never thought I'd say this about dance. Or even think it.

Watching that little fuck Murray run all over the goddam field against us would make me murder someone.