• ULM
    • BAMA
    • UTSA
    • WVU
    • ISU
    • TCU
    • BAY
    • None
  2. 2. Interested in hosting with a budget?

• Yes for ULM
    • Yes for TCU
    • Yes for BAY
    • Yes for ALL
    • Muledick

15 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I always have a great time win or lose. I'll definitely be at the next one with my winning attitude and porous liver.

Porous attitude and winning liver works too.

Freaking beautiful day down here hopefully next weekend is just as good for y’all.

Thanks to the 10-15 people that dropped by and 5 or so that stuck around and watched the afternoon games and the game itself.  

I get people were down after the tech game, but it wasn't just our spot, most tailgate spots were just empty. RevelXP told me this was the worst turnout they've ever had as far as tents including non conference opponents. I expect a much better turn out for Iowa State or something is very wrong.

Even the game thread this week was ass tier only mustered 40 pages through the end of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

Thanks to the 10-15 people that dropped by and 5 or so that stuck around and watched the afternoon games and the game itself.  

I get people were down after the tech game, but it wasn't just our spot, most tailgate spots were just empty. RevelXP told me this was the worst turnout they've ever had as far as tents including non conference opponents. I expect a much better turn out for Iowa State or something is very wrong.

Even the game thread this week was ass tier only mustered 40 pages through the end of the game. 

Weird because the crowd at DKR was great.

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Weird because the crowd at DKR was great.

It was objectively ass tier. The stadium was pouring out fans from halftime through the end of the 3rd. Then it full on looked like the end of the game in the middle of the 4th. After the game ended it was just a trickle of fans. 

First half stadium was likely looking and sounding great on TV, by the end you couldn't even hear the roar of good plays. 

I think losing to Tech sincerely did a lot of damage. People feel like it’s “Here we go again…” Having gone to most the tailgates last year (my bad on missing UTSA (was sick) and last night) I just went because of the Surlies. I have season tickets and didn’t care if I went in the stadium last year bc I had so much fun at the tailgate.  5-7 was a horrible introduction to a new coach after a decade of shit and two coaches hired and fired. Bama atmosphere and tailgate were great. Sorry I missed UTSA tailgate. It’s hard for me to describe but it’s getting harder for me to give a fuck about UT football if it doesn’t turn around. And by that I mean we should be ranked and contenders. I do care about surly and Surlies and tailgate so when I am able to come to the tailgate and can contribute and help out I’ll be there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'll be there and drunk for Iowa State. We can get rowdy to make up for crowd noise. @ztejas I know youre in austin too. You want to try to take immamac up on his watch party offer for the blowu game?

Could be down. I know you said you're South. Any ideas for a spot? 

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Little Woodrows in south park meadows. Pluckers south Lamar. Pinthouse Pizza off Lamar. Backspin at Mopac and slaughter. I'm also willing to do something more central.

I'm a fan of The Park as well. Watched the Va Tech tourney game there and had a great time. 

2 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I can call tomorrow. Lmk as soon as you know for sure so we can get immamac to post a pin about a watch party

I'll be in Port A but I'd recommend something more central in order to attract more attendees.

Post tech loss was definitely  "here we go again headed to the land of suck and despair"

Victims of chronic abuse use avoidance as a defense mechanism.

Edited by MissingInAction

7 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I'll be in Port A but I'd recommend something more central in order to attract more attendees.

Post tech loss was definitely  "here we go again headed to the land of suck and despair"

Victims of chronic abuse use avoidance as a defense mechanism.

I'm open to anything, it's more about not knowing who'd be interested in attending. Since I know ztejas is south it's easier to coordinate based on him bring south with me. I also am not familiar with the sports bar scene. Any recommendations?

6 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm open to anything, it's more about not knowing who'd be interested in attending. Since I know ztejas is south it's easier to coordinate based on him bring south with me. I also am not familiar with the sports bar scene. Any recommendations?

Lil woodrows on Burnet is my go to for away games. Horns on the big screen with other games on the smaller screens.  24 Oz draft lone stars for 5 bucks and Richies pizza next door for food.

The patio kicks ass and Ginnys  Lil Longhorn is across the street for post game fun.

But like you said if only southies are attending then that wouldn't make sense.

Sorry if I Houston shaggy'd this idea. 

Edited by MissingInAction

2 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Lil woodrows on Burnet is my go to for away games. Horns on the big screen with other games on the smaller screens.  24 Oz draft lone stars for 5 bucks and Richies pizza next door for food.

The patio kicks ass and Ginnys  Lil Longhorn is across the street for post game fun.

But like you said if only southies are attending then that wouldn't make sense.

Sorry if I Houston shaggy'd this idea. 

Nah it's no problem at all. Good to have options. Thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

My wife was disappointed on the small turnout. She was expecting to meet some of the guys/girls I routinely mention from this site. However, It was nice to have met @NAVY and @immamac for those few minutes we spent at the tailgate. Thanks for the beer. 

You and me both...Great to meet you both we'll see you around for some other games.