Cool and Unique Experiences - Dallas

Have a friend who did me a huge favor recently. Like went above and beyond on something I needed help on. Enough to have a nice budget to thank him.

He’s got everything he needs. Isn’t a big drinker and likes “experiences.” Age is mid 50s. 

I would like to get him a really cool/unique experience…he will take his girlfriend. 

Was thinking private helicopter tour over the city…balloon ride…custom cowboy boots…something fun and nice. Not a major sports fan. 

Appreciate any thoughts.

Ya, no surprises ever on the Surly. The Lodge would be a fun lol call. Maybe just bring the hookers to them with a pile of blow.

Just looked at some private chef experiences in your home where they can do/teach sushi and all kinds of stuff. 

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Ya, no surprises ever on the Surly. The Lodge would be a fun lol call. Maybe just bring the hookers to them with a pile of blow.

Just looked at some private chef experiences in your home where they can do/teach sushi and all kinds of stuff. 

This is similar to what I was thinking, but could also do a sur la tab group class. It’s byob so a kickass bottle of wine gifted as well. Classes are actually fun and food is pretty good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:26 AM, Surly Bevo said:

And seriously these are the kinds of responses you are going to get.  I am happy to live in DFW but first to admit that in terms of unique experiences, especially with what you have already crossed off in your OP there isn't much to do that is unique to the area.  

Hire the dude in this guy's avatar.  Pick up girlfriend.  Get married in a town square.

• Haha 1

Serious-ish kind of answer:

I did something super cool and kind for someone recently and they racked their brain and couldn't think of anything and probably posted on some esoteric website of their interests, but I ended up with a $500 gift card to a luxury hotel with a spa that I could use for a stay or a spa day or dinner or whatever.

I thought that was cool-- but it's been sitting unredeemed in my email and who has the time? Though a massage sounds awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1