LEEDS 2022-23: Marsching On Together

Napoleon

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

That was a huge 3 points.  Took them from the bottom 3 to 15th place.  A lot of football left but that's got to be a relief.

image.gif.183aa655279331a30614fba8b086a287.gif

The need for a striker is glaringly obvious. 

That oaf playing the 9 late in the game for Leeds accidentally flubbed his way into the game winning assist, but he is awful. 

I don’t want Pepi to move in January, but he would be a major upgrade over that Bamford sucks ass!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

image.gif.183aa655279331a30614fba8b086a287.gif

The need for a striker is glaringly obvious. 
That oaf playing the 9 late in the game for Leeds accidentally flubbed his way into the game winning assist, but he is awful. 
I don’t want Pepi to move in January, but he would be a major upgrade over that Bamford sucks ass!

They had agreed to personal terms with Cody Gakpo not to long ago, but ManU and Arsenal are both pushing now as well. He would solve a lot of problems.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Cody Gakpo would make Leeds a top 10 team.

Both Leeds and Southampton (who also supposedly had agreed to PSV's price as well this summer) will live with the "what if" - but Gakpo didn't want to leave for PSV for either club.

that ship has sailed.. his price is now no longer something Leeds (or Southampton) can afford.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i think it's hilarious the ref is letting grealish get hacked to death!  he can't read a map - deserves to be flogged

brendan could have made the turntables with that skied shot

Grealish finally realized that it is much easier to pass to Haaland and let him shoot than for him to shoot and try to get it on target. 

Jack ended with 2 assists and about 5 horrendous attempts at shots. He’s worth about £30M or so, not the 100M £/€/$ (whatever) that they paid for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yoladu said:

Wow! for £35.4million

opening up the wallet!

I think that it was originally going to be €30M (~£26.65M). My guess is that this will probably be paid off over a couple of years with an eye towards selling him in the next two years, because they went in with their mind made up and weren’t leaving negotiations until they got the guy. Yikes. 

That said, Leeds has one of the lowest payrolls in the EPL to Sam’s latest vlog and yet they are considered a fairly big club (when fan base is taken into account).

The EPL payrolls are at the end of the video. Like the last quarter of the video. 

More jibber-jabber.

This first video tells you maybe less than I already know and I’m a shlub with zero British Football “presenter” experience.

This little clip gives you a bit of “Who gives a shit?” on each club in the EPL, but they title the clip to pull in Leeds fans.

This is the replay and Cardiff must be absolutely awful if Bamford scored twice and they needed a 93rd minute penalty just to lose by 3.

This is a good sign for Jesse and the White/Yellow/Blues. (Also, I do NOT want Jesse for USMNT manager… he’s too tied to a system.)

CC77BD13-0275-4D6A-B617-313FBDE07107.thumb.jpeg.ec93933ccf0f37b918a2221f2576c62b.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

The money would not have flowed in during the January window if Jesse was getting fired before the summer.

I was hoping for a draw, but expecting a loss with Navas joining Nottingham. They got that loss. 

They should lost to ManU, even with Casemiro out, but maybe they bunker and get lucky on a counter, but they should lose. 

Also, they had better hope that Everton don’t play like they did against Arsenal, or they will lose to them too. 

Leeds looks like a club with a floor of 18th place and a ceiling of 17th place.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How do you figure the money is going to flow in if they get relegated? 

The San Francisco 49ers ownership group that owns a piece (or more) of Leeds would likely not have gone after players Jesse wanted in January only to fire him in mid February. 

I’m not a billionaire, so perhaps I am wrong and don’t understand how those people think, but I feel like they are invested in Jesse. 

31 minutes ago, The Dog said:

shitcanned:

image.gif.2c4c998475050129efb0de9eef26dce6.gif

I do NOT want him for USMNT manager. 

We already know what it is like to have a manager who has his team run around a bunch without scoring. 

DO NOT WANT!

PS- I still find it strange that they would spend all that money to bring in players and then fire him after a game that the team was never going to win. 

Got a feeling that Weston’s loan is going to remain a loan.

PPS- You never want a person around your club who wants Chris Armas to be involved with your team.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

They are stuck with Bamford up top for a couple of months, they might be really screwed. On the brightside Tyler Adams might be getting to a bigger club much faster now. 

Tyler seems like he has been a smart athletic leader for over half his life. I do not understand why he isn’t better at getting an attack started.

He needs to go to a team that will teach him do do some of the intelligent shit that Sergio Busquets does. 

I hate Busquets, but have watched some Barça tactical analysis videos recently that points out how important Busquets still is even though he is old in a fairly quick-moving midfield.