Score another one for racist cops

Horn Under a Bad Sign

Could be wrong but I don’t think that is hpd. Uniform looks different but there are also dozens of law enforcement agencies in Houston area.

Weird story though. Looks like the cop knew that some guy named Quentin with dreads had a warrant in LA. The cops sees a black guy with dreads walking his dog.  2+2, let’s detain for cause, or until the “suspect” proves that he’s not the guy from LA.

also what is up with the cop holding the guys arm like that? Partially behind his back. Either put a guy in handcuffs or let him go. That can’t be their procedure, right. Or is that some new detained, not-detained method to skirt the law?

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

also what is up with the cop holding the guys arm like that? Partially behind his back. Either put a guy in handcuffs or let him go. That can’t be their procedure, right. Or is that some new detained, not-detained method to skirt the law?

assume it’s so it’s easier for the suspect to “resist”. 

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could be wrong but I don’t think that is hpd. Uniform looks different but there are also dozens of law enforcement agencies in Houston area.

Constable based on the patrol car. Harris County is the only place I've ever lived where constables function like municipal police instead of their intended function of serving subpoenas, evictions, restraining orders, etc. I've wondered how this came to be in Harris County. Neighborhoods even pay to have constables serve as a pseudo-private police force.

7 hours ago, royiv said:

Constable based on the patrol car. Harris County is the only place I've ever lived where constables function like municipal police instead of their intended function of serving subpoenas, evictions, restraining orders, etc. I've wondered how this came to be in Harris County. Neighborhoods even pay to have constables serve as a pseudo-private police force.

I can’t speak to other places but I’ve also been confused about the constables in Houston. They seem to act as a secondary but separate layer apart from the sheriff.