Cart Narcs

Celery Man

I just spent half an hour dying watching these. I think the guys are connected with a radio show in LA or something - they confront people who don’t put their shopping cart away and provide them a phone number to call for help with being a lazy bones. People don’t seem to appreciate the service.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

Yeah obviously fucking with people is a higher level of assholery than leaving the cart, and it does seem like a real risk. Which is why the lazy bones commentary and “I dodged your attack” stuff is hilarious.

First of all, sir, I don't think you can catch me.  I'm dying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If the store doesn't have a cart rack within 5 or 6 spaces I put the front wheels on the curb to keep it from rolling and drive off.  I'm not going to inconvenience myself on this subject.  

Once I got the gist of the videos I stopped watching, but is he going to cart-shame a woman who just put her infant in the car seat on a 95 degree day too?  Is he pissed she doesn't push the cart 80 feet from her car with the baby alone inside?  Sure there's a lot of lazy people around but you can live on in spite of them.  

He deserves what's coming to him.  Ain't nobody going to think he's some kind of hero. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

It seems like they don’t fuck with people with kids. I put my cart away every single time even with the baby (she puts the cart away with me and then we head back to the car) but that kind of consistency is important to me. I see this thing as some Tom Green type stuff but also, if you could see yourself pulling a gun on a person doing this in a parking lot you should really not keep a gun in your car.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

If the store doesn't have a cart rack within 5 or 6 spaces I put the front wheels on the curb to keep it from rolling and drive off.  I'm not going to inconvenience myself on this subject.  

So, following your logic, retailers need to devote every 10th parking spot for a cart corral. Which increases their operational expense and makes the customers walk farther to and from the store.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I'm guilty of the curb prop only if the corral is really far away and I have both of my kids with me. Both of my boys (11 and 6) have zero spatial awareness when they're together so first thing I do is get them loaded up in the truck so I can unload the groceries without fear of them horsing around and getting squished by a car. I also don't want to go on a hike with the cart to return it and chance some Karen seeing me do this and call the cops/cps for leaving my children unattended.

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Once I got the gist of the videos I stopped watching, but is he going to cart-shame a woman who just put her infant in the car seat on a 95 degree day too?  Is he pissed she doesn't push the cart 80 feet from her car with the baby alone inside?  Sure there's a lot of lazy people around but you can live on in spite of them.  

He deserves what's coming to him.  Ain't nobody going to think he's some kind of hero. 

2 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

I'm guilty of the curb prop only if the corral is really far away and I have both of my kids with me. Both of my boys (11 and 6) have zero spatial awareness when they're together so first thing I do is get them loaded up in the truck so I can unload the groceries without fear of them horsing around and getting squished by a car. I also don't want to go on a hike with the cart to return it and chance some Karen seeing me do this and call the cops/cps for leaving my children unattended.

Then y’all should cruise the lot for 30 waiting for a spot close to a corral to open up..

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The shopping cart is the ultimate litmus test for whether a person is capable of self-governing, the post states. To return the shopping cart is an easy, convenient task and one which we all recognize as the correct, appropriate thing to do. To return the shopping cart is objectively right. There are no situations other than dire emergencies in which a person is not able to return their cart. Simultaneously, it is not illegal to abandon your shopping cart. Therefore the shopping cart presents itself as the apex example of whether a person will do what is right without being forced to do it.

64F0D541-752F-4C6B-862A-B26473D1436B.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Yeah. That's just really fucking stupid. While I don't think I'd pull a gun on the dude, I don't think it's entirely unreasonable in the moment if somebody is harassing you and about to do something unknown to your vehicle.

I didn't necessarily mean shot by me, but with the ragaholics running around it wouldn't be surprising. 

22 hours ago, Bullneck said:

YARN | I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going ...

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Do you not see the irony sir

No, I don’t.  I grew up poor in Texas myself; I avoid the scumbags as much as possible, but I don’t ignore them, either.  Probably why I choose to live a hundred miles from anything that might remotely be called a “city.”

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/24/2022 at 4:05 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

So, following your logic, retailers need to devote every 10th parking spot for a cart corral. Which increases their operational expense and makes the customers walk farther to and from the store.

Agreed, our nation of incredibly fit and healthy people don't need to incur any extra steps into their daily lives.

21 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

This is why we need $2 coins. Charge people for carts. They get $2 back when they return them. 

man I went to an aldi not knowing what the whole deal was, and just picked up a stray cart from the parking lot on the way in. I was walking out and some gestured towards my cart, which I handed off to him, and he gave me a couple of quarters. Took me a couple of beats of what the fuck before I figured there's some coin operated cart thing that I skipped entirely.

• Haha 1

you kinda have an idea that the people who leave their shit behind are just 1, or a few "type" of people...

...but turns out lazy bones are every type under the sun.  granola looking hippie lady, aggro construction workers, homeless dudes living in storage boxes, church goer guys, men, women, old, young

4 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Anyone who is physically capable of pushing a cart and doesn't return it to the corral is a selfish cunt. 

True.  I have a handicapped parking placard but don't always use it.  On days when my legs aren't hurting too bad I'll skip the handicap parking so someone else can use it and park near a cart corral to make the cart return easier.  Now on days when I'm hurting like hell, I will use the handicapped parking and don't give a damn about the cart.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:23 AM, Bullneck said:

You can walk for 2 miles inside Costco but you can’t walk 50 feet to put your cart away? /kellen erskine

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

this thread fucks.  if i'm honest i put the cart back most of the time.  And most times when i do it i don't think twice about doing it.  that said there are times as i'm taking the cart back i'm being judgy and self righteous so its those times i'm prone to say fuck it and curb it.  i also tend to park way at the back away from other cars.    

Edited by RollLeft

Filmed or not, I would beat the ever-living fuck out of that prick.  Kinda moot, though, but I ALWAYS return my cart to the return.  If there's not a return, I'll walk the damn thing back to the store (I can use the damn steps!).  Seems like it's just part of the responsibility of grabbing the damn thing in the first place.  I try to stack the deck in my favor when I'm parking anyway.  I usually park way out, where exit is easy, near the furthest cart return. 

I feel that this makes me a better person.  Or...at least it helps, in some small fashion, to counteract the rest of the evil things I do in life...

• Like 1

I nearly got into a fight at HEB over a cart.  Well almost. 

Buff bro and his chick left a cart short of the corral.   Priscilla and I are walking by as this happens.   

I grab the cart and say “don’t worry about it, I got bro” 

Buff bro turns around and asks if if I have a problem.  

Priscilla realizes this is one of those things that will escalate quickly. 

I just keep pushing the cart and don’t look back.  

Priscilla does the talking for me.  

“He’s got it.  He’s putting it back for you.”

then a little shit talking that I ignore. 

Priscilla: “he’s got it’s fine.  Don’t mess with him. 

• Hook 'Em 1