Amanda Shires

tigol

I actually love her voice.

In some of the Highwomen stuff she sounds like she would be submissive and timid and like to be tied up and fucked while being choked.

Then you also see the side of her where you would expect to get stabbed to death in your sleep

Thank the good docs at St David’s for saving her life last year. 

I shared a table with her at the airport in 2015. She was flying home after Willie’s picnic because she was too pregnant to tour. She remembered meeting my daughter at a SX show and we talked about babies for ten minutes. She couldn’t have been nicer. I like her first few albums but not so much the new sound. This is probably my favorite:

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Hook 'Em 1

Her vocal style is like... garlic is overstating how much i like it but is a decent analogy - good flavor that I really like but she serves some straight fucking garlic sometimes and it's too much.

really liked her stuff with Highwomen, some of her solo stuff I've listened to is garlic and also man she just gets interviewed and there's garlic on her breath

some good garlic flavor in the video at the top of the thread

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 1

Her songwriting suffers in comparison to Jason's.  Were they not married, I think she'd be judged more fairly.  I don't think she's elite as a songwriter or singer, but she's no hack, and she can definitely play fiddle.  

Ultimately, I'm pretty much aligned with @tbone_ . . . great to have in the band, but maybe not quite a standard-setting solo artist.

• Hook 'Em 1