Champions League 2022-2023

sidis

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

Right, I meant Barca wouldn't be eliminated with a draw.  With a loss they would be.

And Inter just went back up on the counter so that's looking likely.

The Draw doesn't eliminate Barca, but having the tie breaker for inter is huge. They get Viktoria Plzen at home in two weeks, VP has 4 losses and a -13 GD. A win for Inter in that game Barca is out.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

The Draw doesn't eliminate Barca, but having the tie breaker for inter is huge. They get Viktoria Plzen at home.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine Inter not winning that one and that's all they would need.  Inter also still has to play at Bayern.

Barca has Bayern at home and away to Plzen.

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Inter beats Pizan and it's over.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Elsewhere, Bruges ties Atletico despite going a man down.  They're top of their group with 10 points and with the tiebreaker over Atletico I think are now guaranteed to advance.  Good for them, that's a fun town.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.

4 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

spacer.png

I took the Quasimodo WWI Tour when I stayed in Bruges a couple of days, so maybe I’m regarded by association.

image.gif.1b40e1211182853bb84c4cd90e177f85.gif

BA3D9BC7-D2B5-4E0E-B291-76890B8D1746.thumb.png.678586b6cae450eebed64cf86e790166.png

https://www.quasimodo.be/

Edited by Napoleon

• 2 weeks later...
Do they have another lever to pull to get them back in the Champions League?

I mean they are going to have to sell players this winter because they were absolutely counting on more UCL money. That’s at least a couple of players salaries.

If my memory serves me(and it probably doesn’t), it’s like 16mil to make UCL, 3mil a win in group, 1mil a draw, and 10mil to qualify to knockout, with it growing by a few mil each round.

31 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

That said, I have no issue going back to VAR review something that happened before the final whistle, even if they have blown the game dead.

100% agree that VAR can and should review anything prior to the final whistle. But in no way was that a hand ball. We were all born with arms, if they hang naturally from the side of our bodies and a ball takes a glancing bounce off of one that is not a hand ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1