Game Day Experience 2022

blacklab

Didn't want to start a new thread - so I'll ask in here - how the fuck is everyone else watching LHN games this year?  Looks like Sling dropped LHN and Vidgo isn't offering a free trial (and I'm not paying 60 for the shitty stream I watched last year - or maybe two years ago).

Is hoping for a quality stream on sportsurge.net the best option for home viewing?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Didn't want to start a new thread - so I'll ask in here - how the fuck is everyone else watching LHN games this year?  Looks like Sling dropped LHN and Vidgo isn't offering a free trial (and I'm not paying 60 for the shitty stream I watched last year - or maybe two years ago).

Is hoping for a quality stream on sportsurge.net the best option for home viewing?

Went to bottom of Sports Extras and clicked link... LHN still there for Orange Sling.  They have a half off 1st month special for Orange+Sports Extra. 

Screenshot_2022-08-26-16-37-38_kindlephoto-13095600.thumb.png.bc6f9c9aff907b49e686f2fcd2a6e5be.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I have DirecTV Stream.  Its a little more expensive but I have everything I need including LHN.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

?????

i still have lhn on sling . 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Went to bottom of Sports Extras and clicked link... LHN still there for Orange Sling.  They have a half off 1st month special for Orange+Sports Extra. 

15 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I watched Longhorn Network on Sling yesterday. Not sure what package I have but it’s on there.

13 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

?????

i still have lhn on sling . 

My bad - I didn't look on the sports extra - I was just looking at the blue / orange channel lists.   Not a bad option to pay 1/2 price for a month of Sling and get both games.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Surprised they haven’t gotten some sort of light show in place yet inside the stadium like a handful of others. Thought I saw a tweet from CDC saying they’re working on it or some such bullshit. Guess it’s useless until we get home games at night. 

Like the first and third games?

1 hour ago, Roofle said:

Does anyone have pictures of the two new video screens in the south endzone? CDC said they were being installed a few weeks ago.

There were some pics from the open practice that showed them going in. But they were not turned on of course 

On 8/26/2022 at 5:55 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

My bad - I didn't look on the sports extra - I was just looking at the blue / orange channel lists.   Not a bad option to pay 1/2 price for a month of Sling and get both games.

I did the half price +$11 sports extra thing yesterday.

I have a Wells Fargo credit card and was able to do a $10 credit on any Sling purchase > $17.50.

I think today is the last day for that if anyone else was WF and can activate the offer.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I did the half price +$11 sports extra thing yesterday.

I have a Wells Fargo credit card and was able to do a $10 credit on any Sling purchase > $17.50.

I think today is the last day for that if anyone else was WF and can activate the offer.

Thanks for the info. I don’t have Wells Fargo but $30 is an easy decision to be able to watch both LHN games without searching for streams that may give my device the monkey pox. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, jinx said:

Thanks for the info. I don’t have Wells Fargo but $30 is an easy decision to be able to watch both LHN games without searching for streams that may give my device the monkey pox. 

Did the same today - $30 is cheap as long as it saves me the anxiety of worrying about whether or not I'd be able to find a good bootleg stream.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Did the same today - $30 is cheap as long as it saves me the anxiety of worrying about whether or not I'd be able to find a good bootleg stream.

Yep. I’ll be at the Gator game for UTSA. A reliable stream will relieve my anxiety about the game. Thankfully they have good Wi-Fi in and around the swamp. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/26/2022 at 2:27 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

According to deloss dodds time Warner cable picked it up in year 1

On 8/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

Vue is carrying it. You can do a free 5 day trial. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/26/2022 at 4:31 PM, Enchubben said:

Surprised they haven’t gotten some sort of light show in place yet inside the stadium like a handful of others. Thought I saw a tweet from CDC saying they’re working on it or some such bullshit. Guess it’s useless until we get home games at night. 

Double-A baseball teams have the LED lights, how/why is it taking us two years to get them?

It was a supply chain issue for awhile but they're back everywhere now.  Trouble is they changed their spec requirement to try to get ahead of the line and now it's biting them in the ass.  I get that We're Texas, but we don't always have to be so clever and slightly better with our off-the-field stuff.  We're not a Virginia-class submarine, off-the-shelf bulbs are fine.