Upcoming Texas Youth Summit

Macanudo

Meh.  The left owns their indoctrination in the schools and universities.

Tis but a BB-gun vs a tank in the grand scheme of things, but let's wring our hands...

LOLz.  I get negged and I'm among the biggest proponents of public schools on here.

Can't call a spade a spade, i guess.  Too threatening... 

Pile on you fucking pussies.

Edited by slorch

Let me know when universities themselves (not staff) drop millions into political races before you start extolling the virtue of churches. Both are tax exempt but only one uses that to push religious and political agendas on voters.

Hey free speech warrior, would you allow a Satanist or anti-religious person to come into your church and talk about how everything in the Bible is fake and none of those people existed?  I mean, I know how important it is to expose college students to different view points. Why not your precious flock of church sheep?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

This is taking place in September at a church in The Woodlands.   The all-star cast of GQPers includes Ted Cuz, Kayleigh McEnany, Candace Owens, MTG, Gaetz, Boebert, Ken Paxton, Troy Nehls and Steve Toth.  

How the fuck are churches allowed to host this shit without losing their tax exemption status?

“Empowering youth to be catalysts to win the Culture War.”

Why attend Texas Youth Summit?

The Left controls the education system, TV networks, Hollywood, and social media and they are influencing youth. It’s so important youth learn the Conservative Principles that have always made and will continue to make America exceptional.

MADISON.jpg?format=1000w

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 hours ago, slorch said:

LOLz.  I get negged and I'm among the biggest proponents of public schools on here.

Can't call a spade a spade, i guess.  Too threatening... 

Pile on you fucking pussies.

Except you didn’t call a spade a spade. You lied; the exact opposite of calling a spade a spade.

The “left” has about as much control over education as the Nazi party has control over San Francisco swinger groups.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Except you didn’t call a spade a spade. You lied; the exact opposite of calling a spade a spade.

The “left” has about as much control over education as the Nazi party has control over San Francisco swinger groups.

and you live in fantasy land if that's what you think.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

I live in reality. You’d be able to recognize that were you to try it once in a while. Might wanna start with learning what “the left” even is.

Edited by hpslugga

Just now, hpslugga said:

I live in reality. You’d be able to recognize that were you to try it once in a while.

My favorite tactic by those who espouse such ideals are those who tell us those ideals/ relationships/ tactics don't exist or are completely misunderstood; as if we don't live on the same fucking planet.  

8 minutes ago, slorch said:

My favorite tactic by those who espouse such ideals are those who tell us those ideals/ relationships/ tactics don't exist or are completely misunderstood; as if we don't live on the same fucking planet.  

Honestly wether you're consuming fox, or swimming in it's wake via boomer social media or people uncritically repeating the same talking point... We don't live on the same planet. You're happy to take whatever UNGA BUNGA LEFT BAD and run with it because your brain runs off of fear and can be controlled like cattle by pushing the right fear propaganda. 

I'd love for you to give some real examples of what your assert, but you'll simply retort "it's so OBVIOUS! Many people are saying!". At least it's what you did last time. 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Well there are about 5 trans female HS athletes in the entire country dominating against biologically female athletes, and those schools are doing nothing about it. And (some) teachers are trying to honor their students’ wishes re how they would like to be addressed, provide a safe and nurturing learning environment, and protect them from bullying:

Some teachers are even pushing the crazy idea that slavery was bad for black people, and that white people were the enslavers, and even that the south seceded because they wanted to keep slavery, and that post civil war policies continued to affect black people adversely.

Hell many school districts are providing meals for students (and get this — some even provide a meal for family members of students!!) during holiday and summer breaks. Pretty much communism IMO

Maybe slorch is on to something

Must explain why textbooks also offer apologetics for McCarthyism.

46 minutes ago, slorch said:

Excellent support of your original statement that "the left" is indoctrinating children in schools and universities. Great use of peer reviewed articles and research.

Oh wait, you just "know" indoctrination is happening because you can just see it happening everywhere.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

The reality I live in recognizes that the state of Texas in particular does teach or is proposing to teach whacked out nonsense like:

Don’t forget, many Republicans believe that teaching this document that was created and signed by the leaders of Texas in 1861 is promoting CRT

https://www.tsl.texas.gov/ref/abouttx/secession/2feb1861.html

The government of the United States, by certain joint resolutions, bearing date the 1st day of March, in the year A.D. 1845, proposed to the Republic of Texas, then a free, sovereign and independent nation, the annexation of the latter to the former as one of the co-equal States thereof,

The people of Texas, by deputies in convention assembled, on the fourth day of July of the same year, assented to and accepted said proposals and formed a constitution for the proposed State, upon which on the 29th day of December in the same year, said State was formally admitted into the Confederated Union.

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated States to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility [sic] and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?

The controlling majority of the Federal Government, under various pretences and disguises, has so administered the same as to exclude the citizens of the Southern States, unless under odious and unconstitutional restrictions, from all the immense territory owned in common by all the States on the Pacific Ocean, for the avowed purpose of acquiring sufficient power in the common government to use it as a means of destroying the institutions of Texas and her sister slave-holding States.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Jesus was a leftist

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

And I’ll repeat myself, lock and barricade all exits/entrances and gas them. 

Wait, I got 50 neg points yesterday for making the same crappy joke.  I guess you're more charismatic ;)  

Also, there's a guy named DC Draino?  Seriously?  I get it means to drain the swamp in Washington...but given that Trump literally endorsed bleach consumption to defeat Covid, it's a little too on the nose.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

That’s exactly what you just did. You falsely asserted that “the left” controls education and when called on your bullshit dishonesty, you projected about such people living in a fantasy land. That’s just more assert-the-opposite. You can’t even get off the starting block of “first, define what the political left even is.”

The reality I live in recognizes that the state of Texas in particular does teach or is proposing to teach whacked out nonsense like:

-Moses should be taught as part of US history

-Africans were not brought to the US as slaves; they came here as part of an involuntary relocation program 

-The civil war was fought over states’ rights.

-We also have quite a few states that teach abstinence only education, which happens to be in the states far in the lead in teen pregnancies, repeat teen pregnancies and teenage abortions (and if I’m not mistaken, teenage STI’s), which incidentally is the failure the teachings of the religious right have always been known to be.

In addition, just within the lifetime of a lot of people who post here, we’ve had to go to court over:

-Whether “intelligent design” can/should be taught as a science

-Whether compulsory prayer should be permitted in public schools 

-Whether black children should be able to attend public schools with white children

Yeah, owned by “the left” my ass. There isn’t a single shred of evidence you could demonstrate to reflect that. If you could, you’d have done that already instead of that pitiful tactic known as leaning into your own feelings and emotions.

Forget it.  He’s (t)rolling.   

This conference is so on brand for The Woodlands.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I like you, slorch. But take the loss on this one.

You expect slorch to admit that he's talking out of his ass on the back of stereotypes and propaganda? And you claim to like him? Are you sure that you've ever talked to him?

The right-wing culture warrior shit has gotten so ridiculous that the basic tenets they teach little kids when they go to school -- "Be kind, respect others who are different, don't discriminate" -- is now woke and therefore the godly way is to be hateful to those who are different. The right is a disease. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

I definitely would go if I lived closer. I would wear a Star of David t-shirt or MLK t-shirt. Actually an even funnier time would be to wear a priest outfit and try to hand out Christian pamphlets and ask people attending to accept Jesus Christ and repent for your sins because hate is a sin

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Like this?

6 hours ago, slorch said:

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Well, it kind of is now.

That’s what I said. The reality has a liberal bias observation in longcat.

Edit: Fact, itself, has become the province of the left by being the only ideology still with boots on the ground..

Edited by Willfully Horn

41 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I think he's misunderstanding what's actually happening at university. Kids who have been under strict rules and religious indoctrination are finally free to learn anything, without helicopter parents filtering the thoughts in their head. They can finally explore any subjects they want, discuss it with peers, and get completely different perspectives on things they never considered. They will experience some real world responsibility in taking care of themselves, homework, living in a dorm, etc. The whole world changes for them, and allows them to grow a lot of different ways. 

also this; 45.49 kB · 0 downloads

FB_IMG_1661607756006.thumb.jpg.49c28553dde00fd3f89b352992e694eb.jpg 

At UT, I had two professors -- out of dozens -- that pushed hard left rhetoric in the classroom. One was a history teacher, one was the blow-off sex ed course. 

The history teacher was a cool guy. I liked him. The sex-ed teacher was a complete jackass.