Ok, I ate 2 mushrooms about an hour ago

Droopy

Im tripping my balls off right now. I’ve tried everything to get my feet back on the ground but it’s pretty fucking tough to do. Cereal hasn’t even worked.  Poor Casey. Even as a, The Northwestern, fan, I was happy to see him play well but fugg if he didn’t look exactly the same as last year. Kinda funny the even when we don’t play them Texas found another way to fuck with Nebraska. 😁 eat a dick, Tommy Os-borne to lose to Texas. 🤘🏼

Fucking super want The Mullet to throw 5 touchdowns next week. Secretly, I’d like the camera to pan over to Quinn as he reaches the sidelines after each said TD, and you just see him walking in slo-mo to the waiting arms of two thots holding a beleaguered six-pack missing 3 beers as he flicks a spent Kool into the sweltering heat of another Austin Saturday night. 

My wife just woke up… my bad

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Droopy said:

Im tripping my balls off right now. I’ve tried everything to get my feet back on the ground but it’s pretty fucking tough to do. Cereal hasn’t even worked.  Poor Casey. Even as a, The Northwestern, fan, I was happy to see him play well but fugg if he didn’t look exactly the same as last year. Kinda funny the even when we don’t play them Texas found another way to fuck with Nebraska. 😁 eat a dick, Tommy Os-borne to lose to Texas. 🤘🏼

Fucking super want The Mullet to throw 5 touchdowns next week. Secretly, I’d like the camera to pan over to Quinn as he reaches the sidelines after each said TD, and you just see him walking in slo-mo to the waiting arms of two thots holding a beleaguered six-pack missing 3 beers as he flicks a spent Kool into the sweltering heat of another Austin Saturday night. 

My wife just woke up… my bad

Now go listen to this!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of that Zappa song Blessed Relief I posted above, I found this:

This guy seems likable enough. I don’t have the education or the ear to judge whether or not he knows what he’s talking about but I buy it. The important thing is that he says it makes him want to listen to the whole album and I was kind of hoping for the same reaction when I posted before. The whole album is great. Zappa played a lot of music that is friendly to the psychedelic experience. If you like this piece then you’d probably like the whole album as well as the one called Waka/Jawaka that came before it. Zappa always had a jazz influence but back in 1971 he was assaulted by some lunatic and tossed into the orchestra pit during a concert. It fucked him up pretty bad, his neck was injured and it lowered his voice by an octave, and he was confined to a wheelchair for awhile.

7594CC8D-D979-42D3-BC77-E9E0A92FE812.png.ee5d735662815edc3b4bd71875b07ef0.png

So he formed a new big band with a more jazzy bent than what he’d been doing before. That was a great band. Check out Big Swifty from the Waka/Jawaka album.

Anyway, I’ve thought about starting a Zappa thread on the music board but I’m not sure if there’s any interest. But I still have the urge to spread the gospel so I figure I’ll just drop little suggestions here and there.

I like that piece above. This song, Inca Roads, was that dude’s first introduction to Zappa. It’s one of my favorite songs. The album (One Size Fits All) version has my favorite guitar solo ever. But this is pretty good too. It’s from the Baby Snakes video which includes some really mindblowing claymation made by a certifiable mad man.

I love that video because it really is an amazing song, composition, and performance. It’s fun living vicariously through the eyes and ears of someone experiencing it gif the first time. What he doesn’t know is that the reference to the Armadillo in Austin is about about an earlier version of the song performed in that venue and where George Duke was more prominent...there was no guitar solo.

So ruck it, here’s the version from the Armadillo World Headquarters in ‘73 (this is one of the best quality bootleg recordings of FZ that I own):

And here’s the album version:

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Speaking of that Zappa song Blessed Relief I posted above, I found this:

This guy seems likable enough. I don’t have the education or the ear to judge whether or not he knows what he’s talking about but I buy it. The important thing is that he says it makes him want to listen to the whole album and I was kind of hoping for the same reaction when I posted before. The whole album is great. Zappa played a lot of music that is friendly to the psychedelic experience. If you like this piece then you’d probably like the whole album as well as the one called Waka/Jawaka that came before it. Zappa always had a jazz influence but back in 1971 he was assaulted by some lunatic and tossed into the orchestra pit during a concert. It fucked him up pretty bad, his neck was injured and it lowered his voice by an octave, and he was confined to a wheelchair for awhile.

7594CC8D-D979-42D3-BC77-E9E0A92FE812.png.ee5d735662815edc3b4bd71875b07ef0.png

So he formed a new big band with a more jazzy bent than what he’d been doing before. That was a great band. Check out Big Swifty from the Waka/Jawaka album.

Anyway, I’ve thought about starting a Zappa thread on the music board but I’m not sure if there’s any interest. But I still have the urge to spread the gospel so I figure I’ll just drop little suggestions here and there.

I like that piece above. This song, Inca Roads, was that dude’s first introduction to Zappa. It’s one of my favorite songs. The album (One Size Fits All) version has my favorite guitar solo ever. But this is pretty good too. It’s from the Baby Snakes video which includes some really mindblowing claymation made by a certifiable mad man.

I love that video because it really is an amazing song, composition, and performance. It’s fun living vicariously through the eyes and ears of someone experiencing it gif the first time. What he doesn’t know is that the reference to the Armadillo in Austin is about about an earlier version of the song performed in that venue and where George Duke was more prominent...there was no guitar solo.

So ruck it, here’s the version from the Armadillo World Headquarters in ‘73 (this is one of the best quality bootleg recordings of FZ that I own):

And here’s the album version:

I love watching people who can appreciate it hear Zappa for the first time.  His gape-mouthed amazement with Ruth Underwood was appropriately exaggerated. 

I'd be in for a Zappa thread too.