Tell Me About Arkansas

Vic Mackey

Remember downtown Dallas on Friday night before ou? Po-lice making both fanbases walk down different sides of the street for separation. Didn't matter. Cussing each other, throwing things--rocks, beer bottles. Fights--teeth, hair, and eyeballs all over the concrete--no, wait; that was Brother Dave. Anyway, it was a different time. We thought it was fun. We thought we were invincible. We didn't know any better. 

My first visit to Commerce St back in the 80s resulted in my arrest within 10 minutes of arrival. I’ve still spent more time in the Lew Sterrett Justice Center than I have on Commerce St. By far. /cab

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 8:29 PM, Machinator said:

LSU hired away Arkansas OL coach Brad Davis.

Source: Cody Kennedy to take over as offensive line coach at Arkansas

ByTREY BIDDY Jun 3, 5:50 PM

A source tells HawgSports that Arkansas tight ends coach Cody Kennedy will replace former Arkansas offensive line coach and Baton Rouge (La.) native Brad Davis, who has taken the same position at LSU. Sources say a plane will pick up Davis on Friday and that Kennedy has already met with the offensive linemen.

Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman made a few coaching staff changes during the offseason, including the hire of Kennedy as the tight ends coach. Kennedy was the only coach Pittman considered for that particular vacancy. And given his background, it made sense that if Arkansas ever lost Davis for any reason then the easy move is sliding Kennedy from TE coach to OL coach... but nobody thought that would be a possibility so soon...

Kennedy joined the Arkansas program after coaching the offensive line at Tulane the past two seasons. He had accepted a position as running game coordinator and offensive line coach at Southern Miss, originally planning to follow Tulane offensive coordinator and new Golden Eagles head coach Will Hall, before the opportunity at Arkansas presented itself. Pittman knew Kennedy was the guy he wanted to hire after he spent 2018 as a graduate assistant under him at the University of Georgia.

Sources: Arkansas, Pittman filling TE job with former player, longtime NFL assistant

JOHN BRICE      JUN 16, 2021

Arkansas' search for a new tight ends coach has wrapped up with a familiar name to the Razorbacks' program and an NFL pedigree.  Multiple sources on Monday tell FootballScoop that Hogs' second-year head coach Sam Pittman is finalizing a deal to bring former Arkansas player and veteran college and NFL assistant coach Dowell Loggains back home to Arkansas.

An Arkansas native who graduated from high school in Abilene, Texas, and then played for the Razorbacks in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Loggains most recently has been an senior offensive analyst on James Franklin's Penn State staff.

However, Loggains has been an offensive coordinator for four different NFL franchises – first with the Tennessee Titans under Mike Munchak and additionally for the Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins and a two-year stint running the offense for the New York Jets in 2019-20.

Pittman's moved quickly to replace Brad Davis, the popular assistant who only recently returned home to join Ed Orgeron's LSU staff after Orgeron's firing of offensive line coach James Cregg, moving Cody Kennedy to offensive line thus opening this spot for Loggains. 

The Razorbacks are coming off a 3-7 debut campaign under Pittman but carry some modest momentum after wins against rivals Mississippi State and Ole Miss, as well as Tennessee.

Arkansas opens Year 2 of the Pittman era with back-to-back games against former rivals of their days before joining the Southeastern Conference. The Hogs face Rice on Sept. 4 and Steve Sarkisian's new Texas program Sept. 11.

Wednesday Update> Sam Pittman has now officially announced Loggains as the new tight ends coach of the Hogs. See how he introduced him to the team below. 

• 3 weeks later...
Sept 11th 6pm...   FAYETTEVILLE, ARK. on ESPN
Gonna be a crazy night game on the road
Fanatic Perspective:  Why the Texas vs Arkansas Game is so INTRIGUING!

You caught the piggies at about their max SEC period suckage. You really need to run this one up for old times sake.
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

You caught the piggies at about their max SEC period suckage. You really need to run this one up for old times sake.

Yeah last year we finally showed a bit of fight and the light at the end of the tunnel from the Chad Morris era but still have a long way to go. Crazy the level we've fallen to since Petrino's wreck. Don't think many Arkansas fans could have predicted this extent of prolonged suckage.

Still suck, but max suckage was the two Morris years.  Last year's team was leaps and bounds better than Chad's teams.  He was likely - no exaggeration - the worst coach in SEC history.

23 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

If we win this game period I will be happily surprised. I know Arky sucks but they are still Arky. They will be ready to run through walls to beat us. Will we be ready? If our guys go up there and respond and hit back against them and win I will be impressed.

Yes my standards and expectations are rather low.

31 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If we win this game period I will be happily surprised. I know Arky sucks but they are still Arky. They will be ready to run through walls to beat us. Will we be ready? If our guys go up there and respond and hit back against them and win I will be impressed.

Yes my standards and expectations are rather low.

Hopefully somebody will explain to Sark just exactly how much Piggy hates us.  He needs to have that understanding.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Hopefully somebody will explain to Sark just exactly how much Piggy hates us.  He needs to have that understanding.

If we lose this game and Sark says anything about how surprised or caught off guard he was by how insane Fayettenam was I will want to puke. I feel filled with rage just thinking about a hypothetical like that.

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

No offense, but other than Olds, do any of the players give a shit about a conference rival who ceased being a conference rival before they were born?

Why would I be offended? I sincerely hope you are right and Arkansas has moved on and the players just see us as another game. But that hasn't worked out that way for us since 1991. They still seem to hate us.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

No offense, but other than Olds, do any of the players give a shit about a conference rival who ceased being a conference rival before they were born?

You'd be surprised. Arkansas still considers Texas their biggest rival. Maybe not all the players, but there is definitely a good amount of the student body who cares deeply. A coworker of mine at the restaurant I work at is currently enrolled at Arkansas (only home working for the summer) and said, "fuck Texas!" when he saw my Longhorns hat while throwing the horns down. Didn't bother me. I asked him if he knows about the old SWC days and he said that he wishes Arky would play us more often. I was happy that a zoomer kid knows and understands the history of the Texas-Arky rivalry. 

Edited by Longboard Horn
Fuck pig! Pulled pork for that Saturday!
  • Hook 'Em 6

46 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

You'd be surprised. Arkansas still considers Texas their biggest rival. Maybe not all the players, but there is definitely a good amount of the student body who cares deeply. A coworker of mine at the restaurant I work at is currently enrolled at Arkansas (only home working for the summer) and said, "fuck Texas!" when he saw my Longhorns hat while throwing the horns down. Didn't bother me. I asked him if he knows about the old SWC days and he said that he wishes Arky would play us more often. I was happy that a zoomer kid knows and understands the history of the Texas-Arky rivalry. 

Yep.  It's a cultural hatred.  They despise UT.  Shoulda heard some of the comments I heard in the stands when we played them in baseball in Arlington back in February.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

As long as nearly half of the UA student body comes from the state of Texas I think some of that will always be there.

But hating Texas isn't exactly unique to Arkansas lol. Doing the horns down thing is just an easy gesture to mock for any fanbase. Our baseball player that did it during our game earlier this year is from just outside of Longview.

Yep.  It's a cultural hatred.  They despise UT.  Shoulda heard some of the comments I heard in the stands when we played them in baseball in Arlington back in February.

Because neutral site college baseball games are known for their young audiences lol

Of course Arkansas’s fans hate Texas. So does every other fan base on the schedule. It will be a raucous environment due to that and just being a marquee nonconference matchup, and the first big home game post COVID. I guarantee you the players on both sides don’t consider it a big game simply because it’s Arkansas or Texas, but they’ll still be gassed up because of the context for both teams. At some point, it’s semantics to debate whether or not players care about the rivalry because it’s safe to expect they will be hyped up regardless.

They are terrible, we should win convincingly.

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I was at the CWS in 2018, and there were three twenty-something year old Piggies harassing a Texas fan and his date sitting 2 rows in front of them. It wasn’t your ordinary trash talk. They were trying to pick a fight. I was about to take care of them myself with my Surly badassediness, but the thunderstorm delay saved their asses. 

They don’t forget. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

As long as nearly half of the UA student body comes from the state of Texas I think some of that will always be there.

But hating Texas isn't exactly unique to Arkansas lol. Doing the horns down thing is just an easy gesture to mock for any fanbase. Our baseball player that did it during our game earlier this year is from just outside of Longview.

Many of the Texas students are there because of the 10% rule (not really 10, I know).  They likely hate UT also.  

I remember when playing there was likened to parachuting into Vietnam.  If anyone thinks this is going to be anything less than a holy war, they just have no clue.  I expect that from a Florida guy; Texas fans should know better.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Many of the Texas students are there because of the 10% rule (not really 10, I know).  They likely hate UT also.  

I remember when playing there was likened to parachuting into Vietnam.  If anyone thinks this is going to be anything less than a holy war, they just have no clue.  I expect that from a Florida guy; Texas fans should know better.

I knew a girl in the LHB that swears someone threw a pickle jar at the band when they were entering the stadium in ‘79(?). 

Found an old 2008 article describing what Arkansas fans are like... 

The Texas-Arkansas Rivalry: One-Sided and Out of Date

By Stephen Ross  Sep 7, 2008, 

Rivalry
ri·val·ry
Pronunciation: r-vl-r
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ries
1 : a competitive or antagonistic state or condition

Growing up as a child of the 60's and as a Longhorn fan meant that every year three games were circled on the schedule. Oklahoma, Arkansas and A&M.

Two of those rivalries are long-standing and continous.

OU

The Death Star. The Evil Empire

image.png.fac6069b0e2e0765a0226f4853f45cc2.png

"DKR, I Am Your Father."

The Sooners are the renegade program that invades your territory to steal some of your finest talent, and then bring them back across the border to try and humiliate you on home soil. It was/is a yearly passion play.

Texas A&M

The Aggies are the goofy, half-wit cousin who loves to play dress up and protect the tree house in the backyard with toy sabers.

image.png.f9e16e796d1f42338f1d6013b14628d9.png

You tolerate them because, hey they're family and because they are always good for a couple of laughs at family reunions. Of course every once in a while they would ruin the family picture by doing something inappropriate or embarrassing, like actually winning a football game against us.

These two rivals continue on a yearly basis.

Arkansas?

There was a period back in 1960's and 1970's when the Texas-Arkansas rivaly mattered nationally, but that time has long passed. The two teams don't play each other on a regular basis, and for Texas there is no compelling reason to put the Razorbacks on the schedule.

Because no matter how much lipstick you put on this pig, the Texas-Arkansas series is one-sided, both on and off the field.

Texas dominates the overall series, winning 55 games while losing only 21 times to the Hogs. That is a 72% winning percentage. Texas won the first game played between the two schools 54-0 in 1894, and Arkansas didn't win a contest until 1933 after losing 14 straight to the Horns.

What do former SWC members Arkansas, SMU, TCU and Rice have in common?
They all have less than 23 wins against Texas

Arkansas 55-21
SMU 47-22-4
Rice 68-21-1
TCU 61-20-1

Baylor has more wins against Texas (22) than Arkansas.

Off the field, the rivalry has ALWAYS mattered more to the Razorbacks, to the point of paranoia and obsession. This no doubt had a lot to do with the fact that Arkansas was the lone out-of-state member in the Southwest Conference. As the outsider, they looked at Texas and saw all that they hated  and envied in an opponent, from facilities to recruiting advantages to historical success. Losing on a regular basis just rubbed salt into the wounds.

The series reached the national stage when Frank Broyles arrived in Fayetteville and forged a friendship and rivalry with Darrell Royal. Broyles won three SWC championships outright and shared four others in 19 seasons. He was 144-58-5 at Arkansas. In the game that mattered most, Broyles was 5-14 against Royal and Texas. That's a winning percentage of 26%.

Frank Broyles won 5 out of 19 games against DKR and Texas. And for this, Arkansas families named babies after him.

Broyles won the adulation of hog fans everywhere by winning four out of 10 games against Texas in the 1960's. The total win margin in those four games was 10 points. The one blowout win over Texas under Broyles was in 1971 when Arkansas took out the frustration of 1969 and 1970 on the Longhorns 31-7.

Texas had several close call wins as well over Arkansas under Royal, but the average score of a Texas win over the Razorbacks during that 19-year run (1958-76) was 27-11.

Houston joined the SWC in 1976, and it caused a scramble to reorganize the yearly schedule. The 8 teams already in the SWC were given the option to "reserve" one game for the same weekend it had always been on. Arkansas requested that they continue to play Texas the week after the Horns played OU.

After Royal and Broyles retired, Fred Akers kept up the Longhorn domination of the Razorbacks, until the wheels fell off his program. Texas won 7 out of 10 contests between 1977-86. The Longhorns imploded, and Arkansas eventually ditched the SWC for the SEC.

Mack Brown put Arkansas back on the schedule for a home-and-home when he arrived at Texas. He thought it would be "neat" to pay homage to the past. It's been so "neat" that Arkansas has won 2 out of 3 matchups. Even after leaving the Southwest Conference, Frank Broyles understood fully how his fan base still viewed Texas.

When we left the Southwest Conference and I'd see fans and they would talk about a game back when I coached or (Ken) Hatfield or Lou Holtz coached, the only game they ever talked about was a Texas game," Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles said. I have not had a single soul say, 'Do you remember the SMU game of '55 or '66?' They don't even talk about it."For Arkansas fans, Texas has been the No. 1 rival for 70 years."

The players on the present Texas team don't know a Razorback from an Owl, a Miner, a Knight, or any other recent non-conference opponent. Rest assured that the Arkansas players have been made well aware of as to who is on the schedule this week.

Through the years, I have witnessed numerous examples of just how obsessed the fan base is.

The sophistication of the Razorback fan base knows no bounds

* Back in the 1960's my dad was General Manager of the Driskill hotel in Austin. Arkansas week was the one he dreaded the most. Win or lose there would be property damage. A Hog win meant the celebration would include objects being tossed out of windows, or fans attempting to celebrate by bringing their Harley inside. Lose, and rooms would be trashed amidst much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

*Travel to Arkansas for a game with Texas license plates, and be prepared to find gas and food service hard to find.

*When Texas team stayed at a Holiday Inn on one trip, the local paper printed the location, and Hog fans circled the parking lot with lots of Woooooo Pig Sooey!!! Razorbacks!!!!, trying to keep the players awake throughout the night.

* The standing order for all Texas players whenever playing a game in Arkansas was to keep your helmet on at all times. No telling what might come flying out of the stands. In 1985 Texas was staying in Ft. Smith for the contest. The team got caught in pre-game traffic, and pulled into the stadium less than an a hour before kickoff. Arkansas was already through with their warm up routine when the Texas special teams unit made it out of the locker room, and was greeted by a chorus of boos along with a couple of empty Jack Daniels bottles. After a few kicks, Jeff Ward decided that he had had enough of the nasty atmosphere and headed back in. Texas defeated Arkansas 15-13 on five Ward field goals.

* 1987 Texas trails 14-10 when on the last play of the game, Brett Stafford hits Tony Jones in the endzone with an 18-yard pass for the winning score. As the Texas bench quickly celebrated, and then ran towards the locker room, the Arkansas fans were too busy spewing their invective towards Hog coach Ken Hatfield to bother with the Longhorns.

The obsession with all things Longhorn isn't just limited to football.

*As a student I ran camera for the production company that worked the SWC regional football and basketball broadcasts. I was running the floor camera in Fayetteville for an SMU-Arkansas basketball game. There was a small student section where it was physically impossible to get a shot of that group. They kept pleading to be put on TV. Finally during a commercial break one guy yells out, Why won't you put us on TV?

I turned and flashed the Hook 'Em (I realize not the smartest move ever by a college student, but what the hell.) Coke cups, bottles, heated pennies rained down. An SMU assistant joked afterward that he thought I would need a police escort to leave the building.

*Early in the Nolan Richardson Era, before the "40 Minutes of Hell" got untracked, Texas actually led by 10 in Fayetteville late in a contest. Arkansas made a run, and then a crucial officials call cut their momentum off. Suddenly the players on the Texas bench jumped up and started to point to the student section behind them. They said they were getting drinks, heated pennies (they love those up there) thrown their way.

The Texas coach goes to the Arkansas security guard at the end of the bench and asks what he plans to do about this. The guard replies, "If you didn't bring your own refs from Texas, you wouldn't have this problem."

All of this is to say that a Texas-Arkansas series leaves little to be gained by the Longhorns. It simply isn't as important as a non-conference game for the Horns as it is to Arkansas. By playing the Razorbacks you give them an entry into Texas for recruiting purposes, and you give their fan base a reason to live. One Razorback fan joked that Tennessee is a big SEC game because while it may not be the same hue of Orange, they are UT, so it's close enough.

New coach Bobby Petrino has asked Texas to postpone the return trip to Arkansas, so it may never happen. Fine with me. I've had more than enough experiences in Fayetteville and Little Rock to last several lifetimes.

I say send 'em back home next Saturday squealing like a stuck pig. And don't invite them back.

https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2008/09/07/the-texas-arkansas-rivalry-one-sided-and-out-of-date

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I knew a girl in the LHB that swears someone threw a pickle jar at the band when they were entering the stadium in ‘79(?). 

I sat behind the band in 79 (Little Rock).  They had ice thrown at them in the stands for sure.

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

If Piggy wins somehow, Aggy will raise a banner.

Really wish the Texas Bowl against TCU last year hadn't been canceled because it would have been interesting to see how we fared against a Big 12 team as a point of reference.

Not claiming we're great but in a normal year last year if not for an incorrect call by the officials at the end of the Auburn game we were a 7-5 team most likely. We'll be an underdog for sure but we're not the 2-10 doormat under Morris that would just lay down. I expect it to be pretty competitive. We got the short end of the stick having Georgia and Florida added to our schedule last year, hardest possible schedule the SEC could give us and by far the most difficult one in the country.

Edited by Gohogs14

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arky Dual Threat QB will probably get some packages vs TEXAS

Malik Hornsby puts on show in second Arkansas scrimmage

By TREY BIDDY   Aug 21, 3:28 PM

Razorback redshirt freshman quarterback Malik Hornsby had a huge day on Saturday during Arkansas' second scrimmage of fall camp. With this being the final full scale scrimmage before the 2021 football season kicks off in two weeks, some more established players were held back or limited in their reps. With starting quarterback KJ Jefferson getting in and out fairly quickly during the 150-play scrimmage, that opened the door for Hornsby to show how much he has progressed.

Hornsby turned in an 80-yard touchdown run, an eight-yard touchdown run, a 45-yard touchdown pass to John David White and a 15-yard touchdown pass to Kendall Catalon. Throughout fall camp, he has established himself as the clear No. 2 quarterback behind Jefferson. The coaches love his speed, and if he gets into a game this season the game plan will be altered a bit to showcase it.

"He can run now, and he can roll out and throw the football. He’s getting better in the pocket, but he has to get better," Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman said. "When he’s running out, he’s getting better at throwing the football, and he’s a major threat with his feet.

"He’s number 2. There’s not anybody in my opinion right now that’s that close to him as a 2-quarterback. I think whenever we get into live games and he’s able to use his feet and somebody’s not tagging him and the play’s down, I think he’ll be a really good quarterback for us. I don’t know that we’ll run the same exact offense with him in the game because we want to use his attributes."

In an earlier interview, Pittman said Hornsby might be the fastest player on the field when he's out there. That breathtaking speed and high ceiling is one reason the 6-1, 180-pounder was ranked as the No. 99 overall prospect in the nation, the No. 5 dual-threat quarterback and the No. 14 overall recruit in the state of Texas by 247Sports in 2020.

"Malik is a fast little bugger. I mean, you have to be outside of him. Like if you’re not, he’s just going to outrun you and put you in a blender," Arkansas junior defensive end Zach Williams said after the scrimmage," He’s doing a lot better reading stuff because it’s harder for me to read him and a back in a mesh combo, like if I get the quarterback or the back. And he’s making it a lot harder because he does it quickly, so you have to think faster, and I feel like he’s just getting better and better every day about it."

"He’s getting through his reads faster," senior left tackle Myron Cunningham said. "He’s definitely one of our more athletic quarterbacks, so whenever he takes off it’s a show to say the least. I think he’s coming along great, he made some great throws and some great runs today."

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Hmmm…so definitely sounds like he’s out for the opener and will be questionable for Texas 

No one really seems to know. He hasn’t practiced in about a week though. Some think he’ll be back for Rice but we’ll see.

Starting RB Trelon Smith has also been dealing with turf toe. True freshman has been getting first team reps in his place. Going to be walking on eggshells over the next few weeks.

42 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

No one really seems to know. He hasn’t practiced in about a week though. Some think he’ll be back for Rice but we’ll see.

Starting RB Trelon Smith has also been dealing with turf toe. True freshman has been getting first team reps in his place. Going to be walking on eggshells over the next few weeks.

I always bitched at players with this injury, until I got it. Fuck, I couldn't imagine trying to cut and run on my foot that had it. Like an ice pick in your foot/tendon/toe.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Droopy said:

I always bitched at players with this injury, until I got it. Fuck, I couldn't imagine trying to cut and run on my foot that had it. Like an ice pick in your foot/tendon/toe.

Caught a screen in the second game of my senior year and got tackled on shitty turf about 5 yards downfield. A lineman skirmish behind the play ended with a giant Deer Park fat ass falling and landing on my foot, jamming it into the turf and snapping my big toe cleanly. Choice was to go to the doctor and see my season ended or play though it.

The coaches had metal shop carve a metal sole out for me that they then wrapped in cushion and tape so I could play. Missed most practices, lost a few steps, took like 15 advil and 15 mini thins (legal then, if stupid, but I was 17) ahead of each game and played all season. Snapped all 4 smaller toes through stress fractures. Foot's still mildly deformed and hurts when the weather changes. It's a debilitating injury that can steal everything from a skill player. Any time I hear of a player struggling with that in midseason, I just assume they're fucked for the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Caught a screen in the second game of my senior year and got tackled on shitty turf about 5 yards downfield. A lineman skirmish behind the play ended with a giant Deer Park fat ass falling and landing on my foot, jamming it into the turf and snapping my big toe cleanly. Choice was to go to the doctor and see my season ended or play though it.

The coaches had metal shop carve a metal sole out for me that they then wrapped in cushion and tape so I could play. Missed most practices, lost a few steps, took like 15 advil and 15 mini thins (legal then, if stupid, but I was 17) ahead of each game and played all season. Snapped all 4 smaller toes through stress fractures. Foot's still mildly deformed and hurts when the weather changes. It's a debilitating injury that can steal everything from a skill player. Any time I hear of a player struggling with that in midseason, I just assume they're fucked for the year. 

If you had it to do over again knowing what you know now would you still have done it the same, or would you have tapped out?

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you had it to do over again knowing what you know now would you still have done it the same, or would you have tapped out?

I am happy to have done it. I learned some shit about myself and my limits which has helped going forward. I also don’t have to live with letting my team down or some unknown about what might have been. I still got seriously  recruited by KSU, Dartmouth, Cornell, and like 7 other schools, so when I chose academic scholarships to Texas and put football and baseball behind me, I did it with full knowledge of alternative storylines. I have many regrets in life, but playing through a destroyed foot isn’t one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 4

From an alleged Arkansas sunshine pumper insider

"Source was at practice yesterday and they go to practice the whole time not just the media 20 minutes. I asked them how we looked on offense. Their response was only one word “awful”. Says Burks will be ready for rice 100% they are just being cautious. I’m not trying to instill fear just passing along what they send me. Keep in mind Sam has said multiple times that KJ needs to get better in practice because he’s a gamer and this could just be a case of that. Just trying to temper expectations we are not going to be as good on offense without Franks and I will be pleasantly surprised if somehow KJ balls out and is just a gamer or Malik takes over, but right now we do not have a QB who looks as good as Feleipe in practice."

"I’m still a sunshine pumper I’m going to Vegas next weekend and it is taking everything in my power not to smash over 5.5 wins, but my source who is at almost every practice has continuously told me to stay away it’s not a smart bet. He has mentioned how inaccurate the QB’s are multiple times now. My .02 says that the added running threat will mitigate that but idk y’all I am the biggest fanatic out there at times but I really trust this sources opinion :/"

"I would contact every one of those Ohio State QB’s who doesn’t win the job imo"

"It’s not a take, it’s a direct conversation I had with someone who attends practice that i felt like some on the board would like it if I shared. Obviously it’s not what we all want to hear, but the reality is that our QB’s are not near as accurate right now as Feleipe who was our QB last year. And the offense is getting killed in almost every practice by our defense."

"From what he has tried to relay to me without giving away too much, the QB’s do not have the accuracy levels to run this offense well enough and we are getting behind early in down and distance. Also says the RB room looks tiny outside of Dominique and Rocket. Says the OL has gotten beat almost all camp by our DL. Tight End is injury prone and no depth. WR’s dropping balls and Burks hurt. He has been very pessimistic and he was very much different last year fwiw.

My personal opinion outside from what he is telling me is that if KJ struggles early then we need to put Malik in to at least have an elite running threat back there at QB if neither of them can throw it lights out. Also sorry to be the bearer of bad news just passing along what I got."

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/board/59414/Contents/source-was-at-practice-yesterday--169621338/?page=1